Marvel Films The Marvel Studios News and Discussion Thread

Imagine if he finally got a great role. But let me keep my expectations in check.

Mannn I still remember after X2 came out, all the makers of the film lamented Cyclops' small role in it and were saying that they had big plans for him in the next one. Then all the drama with Superman Returns and X3 etc and alas it was not meant to be.

Mannn I still remember after X2 came out, all the makers of the film lamented Cyclops' small role in it and were saying that they had big plans for him in the next one. Then all the drama with Superman Returns and X3 etc and alas it was not meant to be.
In hindsight, James Marsden should have refused the Superman Returns role. But still more Cyclops, wouldn't have solved the many problems of that film (X3). They shouldn't have hired Simon Kinberg in the first place.

I can't wait for the foXverse to have a better closure, especially for characters that aren't the Professor, the Wolverine, Magneto, Mystique, Stryker and Deadpool. Dark PhoeniX and New Mutants really tarnished the franchise. I hope none of the actors from those films will return in the mcu (in their respective X-Men roles).

In hindsight, James Marsden should have refused the Superman Returns role. But still more Cyclops, wouldn't have solved the many problems of that film (X3). They shouldn't have hired Simon Kinberg in the first place.

I can't wait for the foXverse to have a better closure, especially for characters that aren't the Professor, the Wolverine, Magneto, Mystique, Stryker and Deadpool. Dark PhoeniX and New Mutants really tarnished the franchise. I hope none of the actors from those films will return in the mcu (in their respective X-Men roles).

I didn't hate New Mutants
Was it great? No. But I thought Anya Taylor Joy as Magik was perfect, and Maisie Williams wasn't bad as Wolfsbane either

Was it great? No. But I thought Anya Taylor Joy as Magik was perfect, and Maisie Williams wasn't bad as Wolfsbane either
Yeah, I’d take them back if the MCU introduced those characters down the line.

New Mutants was a 1 and done film, and with so many more important and essential X-Men. Bringing any of them back seems redundant to me. Anya looked the part as Magik but there's like 15 more important X-Men characters that already appeared in the movie and I want to see those in Secret Wars, before her.

Like if any of the New Mutants cast are asked back, Ben Affleck as Daredevil, Jennifer Garner as Elektra, Nicholas Cage as Ghost Rider, Wesley Snipes as Blade, Thomas Jane as the Punisher, F4 2005/2007 cast and even Eric Bana as the Hulk should return as well, especially those actors were the main lead of a Marvel film.

New Mutants was a 1 and done film, and with so many more important and essential X-Men. Bringing any of them back seems redundant to me. Anya looked the part as Magik but there's like 15 more important X-Men characters that already appeared in the movie and I want to see those in Secret Wars, before her.

Like if any of the New Mutants cast are asked back, Ben Affleck as Daredevil, Jennifer Garner as Elektra, Nicholas Cage as Ghost Rider, Wesley Snipes as Blade, Thomas Jane as the Punisher, F4 2005/2007 cast and even Eric Bana as the Hulk should return as well, especially those actors were the main lead of a Marvel film.
Magik could first appear outside of X-Men or New Mutants, for eg in the next Strange film.

New Mutants is a genuinely fun film and easily better than half of Fox's superhero output.

Taylor Joy and Williams are just as much lead characters of a Marvel film as Cage, Bana, Jane, Gryfydd, etc, and they're way better in their roles than any of those people. I'd take them back over every non-X-men character from any of the old 2000s movies in a heartbeat.

New Mutants was only better than Dark PhoeniX which was an easy feat. X1, X2, X3, DOFP, FC and A are much better imo, and got better reviews.

Anyway, i don't really see Magik (and Wolfsbane/Cannonball/Sunspot/Mirage) as main X-Men in the source material. They are the staple of the splinter team.

I'd rather see Angel, Jubilee, Polaris, Gambit, Havok, Banshee, Bishop and of course Psylocke (being portrayed by foXverse actors) in Avengers: Secret Wars.

As for the other non X-Men films. The New Mutants sit nearly at the bottom when it comes at boX office numbers. I'm sure Covid was mainly the reason but still.

Anyway the original X-Men cast enough for me. I don't want to see First Class/Apocalypse/New Mutants cast in the mcu, eXcept for Olivia Munn and Ben Hardy.

If Foxverse Gambit does pop up, I wonder if it’ll be Kitsch or Tatum.

If Foxverse Gambit does pop up, I wonder if it’ll be Kitsch or Tatum.
I hope its Taylor Kitsch simply because he already appeared in a movie with Hugh Jackman and Ryan Reynolds. Channing Tatum would be an odd choice for those who are unaware that he was cast in the role for years.

I'm ideal X-Men line up for Secret Wars:
Cyclops, Jean, Storm, the Professor, Rogue, the Wolverine, Iceman, Shadowcat, Beast (Kelsey), Colossus (whoever appears in Deadpool 3), Psylocke (Olivia), Gambit (Taylor) and Angel (Hardy or Foster). I would include Bishop, Emma (January Jones), Jubilee, Havok, Polaris, Dazzler and Banshee as well though that would be too many.

Shadowcat
I can't imagine Elliot would want to play Kitty again as a woman at this point. Though I guess they could either do what they did with Vanya in Umbrella Academy and have Kitty transition to "Kade Pryde" or something, or have him as Widget.

New Mutants was only better than Dark PhoeniX which was an easy feat. X1, X2, X3, DOFP, FC and A are much better imo, and got better reviews.

Anyway, i don't really see Magik (and Wolfsbane/Cannonball/Sunspot/Mirage) as main X-Men in the source material. They are the staple of the splinter team.

I'd rather see Angel, Jubilee, Polaris, Gambit, Havok, Banshee, Bishop and of course Psylocke (being portrayed by foXverse actors) in Avengers: Secret Wars.

As for the other non X-Men films. The New Mutants sit nearly at the bottom when it comes at boX office numbers. I'm sure Covid was mainly the reason but still.

Anyway the original X-Men cast enough for me. I don't want to see First Class/Apocalypse/New Mutants cast in the mcu, eXcept for Olivia Munn and Ben Hardy.

New Mutants is miles better than X1, X3 and Apocalypse (plus DP, WO, and every FF movie) and on roughly the same level as FC, The Wolverine and Deadpool 2. Its box office is indeed completely unusable as an objective yardstick. And this idea of only main X-men being worth acknowledging is your own personal obsession and not in the slightest a valid reason to declare a character not worth revisiting. Of the eight characters you list there, Banshee and Havok are the only two that ever actually had a real role in the first place and they still don't hold a candle to Taylor Joy and Williams as performers.

As for reviews, New Mutants has a higher RT score than Elektra, both Punishers, both Ghost Riders, and 2 of the 3 FF films (with Rise of the Silver Surfer beating it by a single point). It also has a higher RT audience score than Hulk (by almost twice as much), Daredevil (by over 20 points), Elektra (by almost twice as much), FF (by over ten points), Rise of the Silver Surfer (by several points), Fant4stic (by almost 3 times as much), Punisher War Zone (by over 10 points), Ghost Rider (by almost 20 points) and Spirit of Vengeance (by almost twice as much).

New Mutants is a genuinely fun film and easily better than half of Fox's superhero output.

Taylor Joy and Williams are just as much lead characters of a Marvel film as Cage, Bana, Jane, Gryfydd, etc, and they're way better in their roles than any of those people. I'd take them back over every non-X-men character from any of the old 2000s movies in a heartbeat.
It's one of my favorites. :)

I’d love to see something street-level with Kingpin and Scorpion. I still think Gargan will be the MCU Venom.
I made a similar prediction awhile back as well. With the Tom Hardy Venom movies going on, I don't see them repeating Brock in the MCU if they decide to do their own version of Venom.

Did something happen with Tatum that I missed? Or are you just not a fan?

That said I’d rather have Kitsch as well. He’s a better actor than I gave him credit for back then and deserves a fair shake imo.
Not a fan, he's good looking according to some, but he's stiff, wooden when he's acting. At least Kitsch looks like he feels something. I wanted him for Gambit ever since I saw him in The Covenant.

Imagine if we finally see Gambit and Rogue on screen together via foX actors in Secret Wars.... :crybaby:

:gambit:

All bets are :xmen:ff.
Would be cool, but when it happens in the post-multiverse MCU, things are going to go crazy in Hype X-Men land.

Magik's been pretty central to the X-Men I feel like since Utopia... she floats in and out of different teams, and always has the New Mutants connection, but she's been on proper x-teams more often than Jubilee, Banshee, or Polaris for the last decade

And I'd rather see Anya don the bangs again than to see many of the original and First Class era actors

But honestly, I'd love for her to show up in Deadpool 3. Colossus needs to interact with his sister at some point, dammit

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"