Marvel Films The Marvel Studios News and Discussion Thread

Magik's been pretty central to the X-Men I feel like since Utopia... she floats in and out of different teams, and always has the New Mutants connection, but she's been on proper x-teams more often than Jubilee, Banshee, or Polaris for the last decade

And I'd rather see Anya don the bangs again than to see many of the original and First Class era actors
I really like the character and am happy if she gets a higher profile.

Magik's been pretty central to the X-Men I feel like since Utopia... she floats in and out of different teams, and always has the New Mutants connection, but she's been on proper x-teams more often than Jubilee, Banshee, or Polaris for the last decade

And I'd rather see Anya don the bangs again than to see many of the original and First Class era actors

But honestly, I'd love for her to show up in Deadpool 3. Colossus needs to interact with his sister at some point, dammit
It would be nice if they kept Taylor-Joy. She was great as Magik.

But honestly, I'd love for her to show up in Deadpool 3. Colossus needs to interact with his sister at some point, dammit
I've read most of the comics since Magik became a member in the 2010s and Magik is still more of a New Mutants staple than a X-Men member. I don't see her as essential to the X-Men team as Psylocke, Jubilee, Emma, Polaris, Banshee, Havok, Forge and Bishop. Just like Cable is more of a X-Force staple than part of the X-Men team.

New Mutants (if splinter teams are part of Mcu's plans) could be the first X-Men spin off team anyway. Also, like I said, Bishop, Polaris, Psylocke, Emma, Jubilee, Havok and Banshee are more essential to the X-Men team than Magik anyway, so I'd rather see those mutants than the ones who appeared in the New Mutants movie (this includes sunspot who was in dofp).

I've read most of the comics since Magik became a member in the 2010s and Magik is still more of a New Mutants staple than a X-Men member. I don't see her as essential to the X-Men team as Psylocke, Jubilee, Emma, Polaris, Banshee, Havok, Forge and Bishop. Just like Cable is more of a X-Force staple than part of the X-Men team.

New Mutants (if splinter teams are part of Mcu's plans) could be the first X-Men spin off team anyway. Also, like I said, Bishop, Polaris, Psylocke, Emma, Jubilee, Havok and Banshee are more essential to the X-Men team than Magik anyway, so I'd rather see those mutants than the ones who appeared in the New Mutants movie (this includes sunspot who was in dofp).
And speaking of Cable, i hope they don't bring him back in Secret Wars or any Multiverse Saga movie, like the New Mutants cast.

For the foXverse era, I want it to be just the original trilogy cast returning and the actors that played Havok, Banshee, Emma, Polaris, Bishop, Psylocke, Gambit, Jubilee and Angel if possible.

Anya Taylor Joy is still my pick for Black Cat in a Spiderman 4, though, given the amount of time it's taking to get that project off the ground , I'm skeptical they'll be able to get her for it .

Still though, she's my number 1 fan pick for role, and I think she'd be great .

AVvXsEhE-IdKUoM52XHgCFLiGZQ_e9JtGI3h8hIrJPPlNzqGcQFlTFe3dsTytbCaRrHEBXnpjSQmEaQRXpTEypvY5zlufNHrb_IvDeWkTE3jgppGXSsyCMARAYx2kM8oV5fIEcAsv0-aASLZ0FjWoXqXYxKdCWQKigP05tlwqJuc6GXgELjBdxrEH5Sd3fAudw=w1600

The problem with most New Mutants characters is that, by the time they get around to using them again, most of those actoirs will have aged out of the roles they played.

Anya Taylor Joy is still my pick for Black Cat in a Spiderman 4, though, given the amount of time it's taking to get that project off the ground , I'm skeptical they'll be able to get her for it .

Still though, she's my number 1 fan pick for role, and I think she'd be great .

AVvXsEhE-IdKUoM52XHgCFLiGZQ_e9JtGI3h8hIrJPPlNzqGcQFlTFe3dsTytbCaRrHEBXnpjSQmEaQRXpTEypvY5zlufNHrb_IvDeWkTE3jgppGXSsyCMARAYx2kM8oV5fIEcAsv0-aASLZ0FjWoXqXYxKdCWQKigP05tlwqJuc6GXgELjBdxrEH5Sd3fAudw=w1600
I think she'd be great but I'd prefer to get her into the MCU rather than be trapped in the Sony villain-verse.

The problem with most New Mutants characters is that, by the time they get around to using them again, most of those actoirs will have aged out of the roles they played.

Joy , in particular is 27 now , and she'd likely be into her 30s by the time The MCU would get to the New Mutants.

She'd basically have to show up in Secret Wars for it work.

I think if she does show up in the MCU, it will, in all likelihood, be as a different character as opposed to Magik.

I mean do we really need to see Magik with the X-Men more than the likes of Angel, Psylocke, Jubilee, Havok and Bishop with the X-Men? They aren't gonna feature everyone from the foXverse era in Secret Wars especially there's already plenty of characters in the already pre eXisting mcu that would appear in Secret Wars. There would be cast members from Sonyverse as well and possibly the pre-F4/Blade mcu movies as well.

Dark PhoeniX and New Mutants were both critically panned and boX office flops and they shouldn't be represented in the mcu imo, especially when foXverse already has 11 other movies to represent in the Multiverse Saga. This isn't even comparable to Sony which only had 5 Spider-Man solo movies pre-Tom Holland.

The actress looked the part and was the one I liked the most in the movie. I don't think her being much older when she returns is an issue, but Magik is not a main X-Men member. She's a main New Mutants member.

I mean do we really need to see Magik with the X-Men more than the likes of Angel, Psylocke, Jubilee, Havok and Bishop with the X-Men? They aren't gonna feature everyone from the foXverse era in Secret Wars especially there's already plenty of characters in the already pre eXisting mcu that would appear in Secret Wars. There would be cast members from Sonyverse as well and possibly the pre-F4/Blade mcu movies as well.

Dark PhoeniX and New Mutants were both critically panned and boX office flops and they shouldn't be represented in the mcu imo, especially when foXverse already has 11 other movies to represent in the Multiverse Saga. This isn't even comparable to Sony which only had 5 Spider-Man solo movies pre-Tom Holland.

The actress looked the part and was the one I liked the most in the movie. I don't think her being much older when she returns is an issue, but Magik is not a main X-Men member. She's a main New Mutants member.

Yes, we do.

Angel, Psylocke, Jubilee and Bishop were total nothing characters in the Fox movies (and Havok decidedly mediocre). Bringing them back is a meaningless waste of time. Let their importance be carried by actually good adaptations in the real MCU X-Men and save the Fox cameo spots for characters that were actually good to begin with, like Magik.

Its official. The golden age of the MCU ended with Endgame

Its official. The golden age of the MCU ended with Endgame

All I'm gonna say is don't be so quick to assume this is the case. The actor that played Ms. Marvel's dad was accused of some similar stuff and the only place that reported it was some hole in the wall website. No other reputable news outlate like the trades backed it up Eventually nothing came of it but that didn't stop people from assuming it was true.

This is a similar situation. Never heard of this website before (the website Discussing Film is citing as the original source). Not saying this true or false, but let's just let's wait before people start bringing out the pitchforks.

Unfortunately all it takes is 1 accusation. And as much as people love cheering for the MCU, there are some that want to see it fail now that it’s gotten so big.

Terrible. Yes 1 accusation is all it takes.

However, he has only appeared in 1 MCU project and Marvel Studios' Namor isn't in the works as far as we know. They have plenty of time to recast for Namor's next film appearance.

Well ,if he did do it , thankfully , it doesn't seem as if Marvel Studios planned a phase, or two, around him as a big bad .

I agree we'll see the character again and that they can recast the role the next time.

This is a similar situation. Never heard of this website before (the website Discussing Film is citing as the original source). Not saying this true or false, but let's just let's wait before people start bringing out the pitchforks.
So anyone have a full article to read that’s not from Reforma? That publication is garbage by the way

I think all publications so far are just going by the accuser's tweets. So I guess that's the actual source.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"