• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The New Stuff I Got Thread Reboot - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got TMNT Metal head... Oddly the back of the package has Raph listed as Mike... Not sure if that's a rare misprint or if it's everywhere.

Because nothing says "fan" like scalping *rollseyes *

If someone offered me 200 bones for it I'd sell it... Then again I wasn't thrilled enough with TDKR to buy the limited version in the first place.

Quick tip for those that bought the Dark Knight Rises cowl blu ray...you can sell it for big money. It's limited to 35,000 and people are selling them for over $200.

the walmart one isn't limited edition from what i've heard?

Not sure, I heard they only sold a limited number for their online site, same with Amazon where I bought mine.

I hope mine is one of the first 100 made, those can go up to $1000.

Not sure, I heard they only sold a limited number for their online site, same with Amazon where I bought mine.

I dunno, if i had something that limited then I wouldnt even consider selling it

I would sell it in a heartbeat for a grand. Are you kidding me? The Dark Knight was better anyways.

Thats just crazy stupid. Those people are going to end up with egg all over their faces when they realise that all they've got to show for their $1000 is a lump of plastic.
I would sell it in a heartbeat for a grand. Are you kidding me? The Dark Knight was better anyways.

Thank god I didn't see TDKR then.

You didn't even see it, Lord? Wow. I mean you should see it if you liked the first two. I just thought it was depressing because Bats is hurt or locked up for 75 percent of the movie. It kinda sucked, I thought.

And no, I don't care about spoiling it, because its been out for a while. ;-)

Thats just crazy stupid. Those people are going to end up with egg all over their faces when they realise that all they've got to show for their $1000 is a lump of plastic.

Could say that for pretty much everything. Comics, jerseys, autographs, ect.

You didn't even see it, Lord? Wow. I mean you should see it if you liked the first two. I just thought it was depressing because Bats is hurt or locked up for 75 percent of the movie. It kinda sucked, I thought.

And no, I don't care about spoiling it, because its been out for a while. ;-)
Didn't like Begins and TDK is just an awful mess of a film.
Could say that for pretty much everything. Comics, jerseys, autographs, ect.

Yeh, but comics you get the readind out of and autographs are about the meeting of the people. This is just a lump. The dvd isn't worth that.

Nope, by your logic comics are just pieces of paper (yes you can read it but you can make the same argument that you can watch the movie with the cowl blu ray) just like autographs. Selling autographs to someone else who hasn't met that person who signed it is defeating the purpose.

So Kane, in your TDKR Steelbook did you get a film cell? I did...and just wondering if every film cell is the same frame or what...

Dark Knight Blu Ray trilogy (wal mart had it for under 30 bucks, I sold my BB and TDK blu rays and only paid 20 bucks with tax)

Indiana Jones Blu Ray set (on order from amazon, it arrives tuesday :) ).

I kinda agree with the dark lord..... and imo the worst collectors are those who are in it just for the money. It should be about the item, not it's price tag. I own a few things that are super rare.... But im not collecting figures for the money and have no plans to sell. Scalpers are scum . They buy up everything so the real fans can't. Then triple the price

So Kane, in your TDKR Steelbook did you get a film cell? I did...and just wondering if every film cell is the same frame or what...

The steelbook didn't come with a cell but I'm not sure if my cowl blu ray came with one since I haven't opened it.

Nope, by your logic comics are just pieces of paper (yes you can read it but you can make the same argument that you can watch the movie with the cowl blu ray) just like autographs. Selling autographs to someone else who hasn't met that person who signed it is defeating the purpose.

Well no, because comics are about the content. To me a comic is worth £2.20 because I enjoy the art work, the writer, the characters, etc. Autographs are a fun thing to collect when you've met people. I get comic related people to sign a bag I take to every con. I have bought an autograph before, but it wasn't much more expensive than the comic was going for without the autograph so I didn't see the point in not getting.

But anyhow, those people aren't buying it for the content. the content of the TDKR dvd is still going to be worth £5 is a few months. So people buying these thigns are just buying a lump of plastic that isn't going to hold it's value in the slightest.

iTunes splurge the other night:
Doctor Who: "Utopia," "Silence in the Library," "Forest of the Dead," "The Sound of Drums."
Scooby Doo Where Are You?: "The Creeper"

Well no, because comics are about the content. To me a comic is worth £2.20 because I enjoy the art work, the writer, the characters, etc. Autographs are a fun thing to collect when you've met people. I get comic related people to sign a bag I take to every con. I have bought an autograph before, but it wasn't much more expensive than the comic was going for without the autograph so I didn't see the point in not getting.

But anyhow, those people aren't buying it for the content. the content of the TDKR dvd is still going to be worth £5 is a few months. So people buying these thigns are just buying a lump of plastic that isn't going to hold it's value in the slightest.

I'm with Kane on this one, different people like collecting different things. And it so happens that a lot of people love collecting movie related memorabilia. Ticket stubs, statues, action figures, posters, cups etc. In this case, a broken Batman cowl that's so symbolic would be a very nice thing to have on your display, and it being limited edition makes it even more collectible.

I don't even think we're getting any cowl version at all over here.

I think a lot of the time people on ebay sell figures, comic books, DVDs etc for way too much. Someone was selling a loose Shredder for 100 from the new TMNT show...

I want
[YT]GPjebwoZhe0[/YT]

wik7ko.jpg

I don't even think we're getting any cowl version at all over here.

I think a lot of the time people on ebay sell figures, comic books, DVDs etc for way too much. Someone was selling a loose Shredder for 100 from the new TMNT show...

I want
[YT]GPjebwoZhe0[/YT]

My missus pre ordered from amazon, they changed the listing to 'not avaliable' but it still arrived. i think its one of the few places over here that sold it (without the high mark up price).

I saw it in store for 120. But I couldn't buy it - had to get gifts for other people :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"