• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Official Boxing Thread!!! - Part 5

Has a high profile boxer ever go against an MMA fighter in a UFC fight?
Enter fat James Toney. :hehe:

brnWAex.jpg

Someone as big as Conor, that shouldn't have happened. It didn't happen with Canelo. I was kind of shocked at how much bigger he was, even after the weigh-ins.

IIRC, he went straight at Canelo from the opening bell, prompting Bernstein or whoever was calling the fight to "marvel" at how Floyd was standing toe to toe, something they say during all his fights lol. This misconception that he does all this running was never true, the most he ever moved was against a blown up De la Hoya...

IIRC, he went straight at Canelo from the opening bell, prompting Bernstein or whoever was calling the fight to "marvel" at how Floyd was standing toe to toe, something they say during all his fights lol. This misconception that he does all this running was never true, the most he ever moved was against a blown up De la Hoya...
No, you are definitely right. He stood in the middle of the ring with Canelo. As I mentioned early, he specifically stayed off the ropes in that fight, for fear of getting beat up to the body.

But what he started doing midway through that fight was pot shotting and moving, a lot. And I mean side stepping all the way around the ring. Floyd hasn't moved that much in a fight in years. He was worried about the much bigger guy, like with Oscar. I think he regrets the damage he took with Cotto.

This is basically what is happening on ESPN right now. Because Conor didn't actually die, he did great. :funny:

RUns9.jpg

Last edited:
This is basically what is happening on ESPN right now. Because Conor didn't actually die, he did great. :funny:

RUns9.jpg

Bruh, I'm seeing tons of tweets of UFC fans wanting Connor to go up against the winner or loser of Canelo v GGG.

tenor.gif

Connor would end up with a speech impediment against those two.

He couldn't hit him. He might have tried, but he couldn't hit him with something like that. Floyd, even old, would have saw it coming.

He didn't even try though, he just went with those wafty right jabs and half hearted, undercooked left swings, it just felt so stagey to me.

I'm a big UFC fan, and my hope is that Conor will be back in the UFC to defend his title before the year is over.

Do you really believe that?

DINloS3WsAEJel0.jpg

Even in his prime Mayweather wouldn't have gotten into the Octagon, he's no fool, it took him ten rounds to get this done, McGregor would beat him in under a minute in a MMA fight.

The only reason I put money down was the thought that Conor would lose control early on and just go MMA on Floyd and tear him to shreds. But he did better then I expected as a 'boxer'

Mayweather is not stupid enough to jump to MMA, but I would not be surprised if his management team signs an MMA fighter.

Even in his prime Mayweather wouldn't have gotten into the Octagon, he's no fool, it took him ten rounds to get this done, McGregor would beat him in under a minute in a MMA fight.

Absolutely. Floyd being smart and staying in his lane.

DINnLQrXUAAY_w9.jpg

He didn't even try though, he just went with those wafty right jabs and half hearted, undercooked left swings, it just felt so stagey to me.
I think you aren't considering a few things.

1. You can't just do that in boxing. Even Floyd tonight, when he was winding up, missed plenty because it is easy to miss when the opponent sees it coming.

2. Conor isn't a boxer. Did you see how stiff he was? How awkward just standing there? He was throwing as hard as he could outside of haymaker's an infant could get out of the way off, he just doesn't have that much power. In MMA, the chins kind of suck. Unless you are prime Wandy juiced to the gills, they lit up easy. Conor doesn't have a lot of power, at all. That was him throwing as hard as he could. It is why he gassed, just like in MMA.

3. One hesitants to throw when something isn't there. What would a haymaker that obviously wasn't going to land do for Conor?

Mayweather as well as Canelo and Pacquio kept boxing relevant as for the life of me, I cannot name a heavyweight currently fighting......is that Klitscho brother still fighting? The one married to Hayden Panitiere?

Bruh, I'm seeing tons of tweets of UFC fans wanting Connor to go up against the winner or loser of Canelo v GGG.

tenor.gif

Connor would end up with a speech impediment against those two.
His head might end up in the front row. :funny:

I don't know. Guys in MMA are awful at cutting off the octagon. Prime Floyd could avoid contact for a good 15 mins. :hehe:

But yes, Floyd would never do that. He probably still can't believe he got paid to do this tonight. So much money.

Mayweather as well as Canelo and Pacquio kept boxing relevant as for the life of me, I cannot name a heavyweight currently fighting......is that Klitscho brother still fighting? The one married to Hayden Panitiere?
Wlad just retired.

Nah, he got knocked the hell out and retired.

Also, did anyone catch the Cottto fight? Old thin chin Cotto would woop Connor too.

I want some you brehs to be honest. How many of ya'll paid for the fight? We won't laugh, promise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"