The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome pic :applaud Kirsten looked so great in the first movie

-----------------

I prefer SM3 over a few MCU movies but It's hard to say whether its objectively better than those or not. And its hard to compare them because in my opinion the MCU feels inspired by the Raimi trilogy (intentionally or not), especially CA: The First Avenger which IMO has the same heart SM and SM2 have.

I actually agree with this. The MCU owes a lot to Raimi's movies. Altough for me SM3 falls short of everyone of their movies,I think the closest to it is IM2. To me the two Avengers movies have the same effect of SM1-2 back in the day. Just fine CBMs.

I actually agree with this. The MCU owes a lot to Raimi's movies. Altough for me SM3 falls short of everyone of their movies,I think the closest to it is IM2. To me the two Avengers movies have the same effect of SM1-2 back in the day. Just fine CBMs.

Agreed completely. It's no coincidence that my favorite superhero movie pre-MCU was Raimi's first Spider-man. Undeniable classic that absolutely does not get talked about enough.
I remember being a kid and watching the first Spider-man before I knew about any rights issues or what studio held what property, and shortly leaving the theater wondering if somewhere out there in that world was a guy in an iron suit or a 90 year old WWII super soldier. The possibility of that alone blew my mind. Now that it's a reality, I wish I could somehow go back in time and show 8 year old me what we've got right now with the MCU.

Kevin Fiege even said Spider-Man 2 is one of the best superhero movies ever, so I concur the MCU is definitely in some debt to Raimi's Spider-Man movies.

Agreed completely. It's no coincidence that my favorite superhero movie pre-MCU was Raimi's first Spider-man. Undeniable classic that absolutely does not get talked about enough.
I remember being a kid and watching the first Spider-man before I knew about any rights issues or what studio held what property, and shortly leaving the theater wondering if somewhere out there in that world was a guy in an iron suit or a 90 year old WWII super soldier. The possibility of that alone blew my mind. Now that it's a reality, I wish I could somehow go back in time and show 8 year old me what we've got right now with the MCU.

God I was 10 when Spider-Man came out and it completely blew my mind too. My favourite fictional character ever in all his cinematic glory. It was Amazing for me,I can't believe people calling ASM a better movie,it's not even close for me.

Your 8 and my 10 years old would probably die. XD

God I was 10 when Spider-Man came out and it completely blew my mind too. My favourite fictional character ever in all his cinematic glory. It was Amazing for me,I can't believe people calling ASM a better movie,it's not even close for me.

Your 8 and my 10 years old would probably die. XD

Agreed. I tried to like ASM when it first came out, I really really tried, but there's just not much there. I feel like I'm watching a Sony ad as opposed to my favorite superhero of all time.

Emma Stone is the only thing that would make me want to re-watch The Amazing Spider-Man movies any time soon. Apart from her, the movies just didn't overly appeal to me.

I did, however, watch the Raimi trilogy over Christmas. Such great films and a tremendous effort from all involved. It's weird how the ending of Spider-Man 3 feels like a true ending despite knowing a fourth one was coming.

It's so melancholy... I love it. :hrt:

My complete collection. A lot of stuff I'm missing,but here it is....

20151231_202320_resized_zpsg6xjax8t.jpg

20151231_203532_resized_zps3zsxhnyr.jpg

20151231_203457_resized_zpsr0cwa0oc.jpg

20151231_203631_resized_zpst00w9uhi.jpg

20151231_203825_resized_zpsqy0hg7ok.jpg

20151231_204014_resized_zpsnqlxndyz.jpg

Awesome collection, Venom! I'm jealous :p

WOW that's amazing :wow: I only own the movies lol :csad:

Agreed, for me though the Spiderman movies have a better balance between comedy, emotion and drama than the MCU movies have. Also Raimi's brand of humour is just golden, were as a lot of the stuff in the MCU can be hit and miss. For me the MCU movies need to be even closer to the Raimi Spiderman movies than they are now.

My complete collection. A lot of stuff I'm missing,but here it is....

20151231_203631_resized_zpst00w9uhi.jpg

20151231_203825_resized_zpsqy0hg7ok.jpg

]

Do you have any pics of the Goblin bust out of the packaging or have you decided to leave it MIB?

Venom75, your collection is amazing! I am especially jealous of your magazine collection! *_*

I have a few of these pieces of merchandise, but most of them are definitely out of the box. Ha. I have some 12-inch dolls from the first movie that still remain unopened, and that's about it.

Venom75, your collection is amazing! I am especially jealous of your magazine collection! *_*

I have a few of these pieces of merchandise, but most of them are definitely out of the box. Ha. I have some 12-inch dolls from the first movie that still remain unopened, and that's about it.

ACTION.

FIGURES.

:cmad:

:cwink:

ACTION.

FIGURES.

:cmad:

:cwink:

No. Dolls. Actual dolls. :p ToyBiz made dolls for the first two films. I also own some of the fancy Tonner dolls that were released for Spider-Man 3.

I have plenty of action figures from the Raimi movies, but they have all been opened. lol. I felt my dolls were way too fancy to open.

No. Dolls. Actual dolls. :p ToyBiz made dolls for the first two films. I also own some of the fancy Tonner dolls that were released for Spider-Man 3.

I have plenty of action figures from the Raimi movies, but they have all been opened. lol. I felt my dolls were way too fancy to open.

IIRC, those were high-quality pieces, especially considering the time period. If we're talking about the same line, those were the ones that had the window in the eye of Spidey, then opened to reveal a larger window. As I remember, the Mary Jane in the red dress was a particularly well-made doll with a strong likeness of Dunst and intricate detail on the dress.

The Tonners were nice as well. Yes, the proportions were standard doll molds, but the costumes/clothes were expertly crafted.

IIRC, those were high-quality pieces, especially considering the time period. If we're talking about the same line, those were the ones that had the window in the eye of Spidey, then opened to reveal a larger window. As I remember, the Mary Jane in the red dress was a particularly well-made doll with a strong likeness of Dunst and intricate detail on the dress.

The Tonners were nice as well. Yes, the proportions were standard doll molds, but the costumes/clothes were expertly crafted.

Yup! Those are the dolls I have: the ones with the "window" in the shape of Spidey's eye on the boxes. I have the Spider-Man one and the Mary Jane one. The MJ doll is probably my favorite of the two; for the reasons that you stated. The doll really does look like Kirsten Dunst. There's a LOT of detail to that one. The Spider-Man doll does look quite a bit like Tobey Maguire (the action figures from the first movie especially looked like Tobey Maguire).

The Tonner dolls for Spider-Man 3 are lovely. I have one of Spidey in his classic suit (my favorite one from this line), black suit Spidey, and MJ in her white dress from the beginning of the movie (this doll's hair; gorgeous). I have been meaning to get Gwen, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Do you have any pics of the Goblin bust out of the packaging or have you decided to leave it MIB?

I just decided to leave it in the box. I have no room to put anything anymore. lol
Thanks for the compliments everyone! The 2 pieces that I still want that seem to be hard as hell to find is that Spider-man vs Doc Ock statue from part 2 and the Venom kotobukiya figure.

Yup! Those are the dolls I have: the ones with the "window" in the shape of Spidey's eye on the boxes. I have the Spider-Man one and the Mary Jane one. The MJ doll is probably my favorite of the two; for the reasons that you stated. The doll really does look like Kirsten Dunst. There's a LOT of detail to that one. The Spider-Man doll does look quite a bit like Tobey Maguire (the action figures from the first movie especially looked like Tobey Maguire).

The Tonner dolls for Spider-Man 3 are lovely. I have one of Spidey in his classic suit (my favorite one from this line), black suit Spidey, and MJ in her white dress from the beginning of the movie (this doll's hair; gorgeous). I have been meaning to get Gwen, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Since there was no Hot Toys MJ, I might have to pick that one up at some point. Is she a full 12" or slightly smaller?

I just decided to leave it in the box. I have no room to put anything anymore. lol
Thanks for the compliments everyone! The 2 pieces that I still want that seem to be hard as hell to find is that Spider-man vs Doc Ock statue from part 2 and the Venom kotobukiya figure.

I think all serious collectors run into that issue eventually. I filled up a 3rd Detolf cabinet last year and have several shelves of figures in addition to those.

Kotobukiya really does gorgeous work. The Venom Unbound statue they put out is simply outstanding.

Since there was no Hot Toys MJ, I might have to pick that one up at some point. Is she a full 12" or slightly smaller?

Taller, actually! The average size of female Tonner dolls are 16", and the male Tonner dolls are 17".

EDIT: Ooops! My brain was thinking about the Tonner dolls and not the ToyBiz, ha.

The ToyBiz doll is about 12". The box says she's 12", but I think she's shorter. More like 11.5"

Taller, actually! The average size of female Tonner dolls are 16", and the male Tonner dolls are 17".

EDIT: Ooops! My brain was thinking about the Tonner dolls and not the ToyBiz, ha.

The ToyBiz doll is about 12". The box says she's 12", but I think she's shorter. More like 11.5"

I must admit that I got a laugh out of thinking about a Spidey with a giant Mary Jane. It would be like Marvel's version of Mr. Miracle and Big Barda.

Thanks for the info on the MJ doll. I've seen some pics, but never a side-by-side comparison vid of her with other 1/6 lines. If she fits in scale well, I just might find a place for her next to Spidey.

After doing watching the trilogy again over the passed few days I can most certainly say I love all three movies. I think the first two are stellar and are still two of the best superhero movies around. While the third is a step-down and I can admit I was very disappointed during it's initial release, I've really grown to appreciate more over the passed few years and I consider it to be a good, solid movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"