The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, they say on the SM-2 special features that they set their minds on Doc Ock from the get-go. Ock is one of Raimi's fav villains:

"Fred's doing a fantastic job, really bringing this man to life, and I think it will be a great imposing villain that Peter Parker will have to face," Raimi said. "He's one of the Spider-Man favorite villains, at least one of my favorite villains"

http://www.mtv.com/shared/movies/features/s/spiderman2_030604/index3.jhtml

IDK if this is a reliable source, but apparently both Lizard and Doc Ock were set to appear in Spider-Man 2, along with Black Cat:

http://web.archive.org/web/20061225...oo.com/shop?d=hp&cf=prev&id=1808417249&gpt=ch

I think that's true. I believe they mentioned it in the official "Making of Spider-man 2" book. I also believe that they wanted Ock and Goblin in the first film.
Yeah, I remember reading that Doc Ock was supposed to appear in the first movie as well.

Yes, that's true. But having just Lizard and no Ock was not. That's what I was saying. They always wanted Doc Ock from the start. Including in the first movie.

Yes, that's true. But having just Lizard and no Ock was not. That's what I was saying. They always wanted Doc Ock from the start. Including in the first movie.

Ah. Gotcha. :up:

The closest we'll ever get to seeing Dylan Baker's character turn into the Lizard was in Spider-Man 3: The Game.

My dream Spider-Man 4 would have involved the Lizard and Kraven. Lizard gets on the loose, Kraven shows up and says he'll hunt him done, comes to odds with Spider-Man, etc.... Culminates in a big three-way fight, where everyone is beating the hell out of each other.

Tell Sony we will donate our kidneys to get it? :oldrazz:

I'm in if you are haha

That sounds awesome.

Man, apparently there were a lot of different/alternate ideas for Spider-Man 3 that seem so much better than what was actually in the movie (the idea of Gwen getting kidnapped by Venom instead of MJ, thus making MJ the one to convince Harry to help Peter is one that sticks out to me the most).

I always wondered how that MJ/Harry conversation would have fit in the film, but I had forgotten about Gwen once being in the finale instead. I wonder if any of that was filmed.

:yay::cwink:

Ohya, dunno why they switched it out with the one in the final film, nor the alternate of Penny stopping Flint from killing Peter and then the story about how he killed Ben...definitely better than the final product.

That is one deleted sequence I actually understood. If Sandman only stands down because his cause is useless, then there is nothing that he learned. It was pretty botched in the film regardless of course.

My dream Spider-Man 4 would have involved the Lizard and Kraven. Lizard gets on the loose, Kraven shows up and says he'll hunt him done, comes to odds with Spider-Man, etc.... Culminates in a big three-way fight, where everyone is beating the hell out of each other.

Me too. It's such an obvious next step.

That actually would be a fantastic way to incorporate more than one villain into a Spider-Man film. It would also play up on the fact that Lizard is Spider-Man's most sympathetic foe; that Peter is trying to stop him, while also trying to save him. That would have been great to see on the big screen. :up:

Also, over the years, Kraven has become one of my favorite Spider-Man villains. I wouldn't mind seeing him in a movie at all!

Exactly. It practically writes itself.

I put out a little pitch somewhen where Peter and Gwen are working with Dr. Connors as full time lab assistants, studying regeneration in Lizards. Kraven is a kind of Steve Irwin celebrity figure, and he is in town on a promotional tour. He helps the science group track down a rare species in the beginning of the film, and then publicly vows to track the Lizard monster when things inevitably go wrong. Peter is caught between trying to save his friend and stop him, and Kraven is a continuing burden throughout.

You can then factor in JJJ and the Bugle aggressively attacking Spidey for not stopping the Lizard, pairing Peter up with Kraven to document his hunt. Spidey is losing his credibility with the public while Kraven steals the spotlight, and JJJ finally takes a more villainous turn as he and Kraven turn their sights to Spider-man.

Oh god, you and me both mate. I often contemplate doing a fan edit of SM3 to tweak bits here and there, but it's pointless without the extra footage. If Sony just released the deleted scenes, someone online would jump at the chance to assemble an extended cut.

Just for (deeply saddening) fun, a list of significant deleted scenes:

- Peter encounters a young boy pretending to be Spider-Man.
- Eddie Brock visits the Stacy home, is told to stay away by Captain Stacy.
- Sandman tries to intimidate/bribe a scientist into curing his daughter.
- Peter attempts to visit Harry at Oscorp.
- Peter sees the symbiote's monsterous form in his reflection.
- Sandman watches Penny in the park, becomes a sand castle for her to play with.
- Alternate Venom/Sandman team-up.
- MJ visits Harry and tells him that they all need to forgive eachother.
- Penny turns up to the construction site and convinces Sandman to stand down.

There's also a few shots of extended sequences, a rumoured Harry/Venom fight, and a deformed skull prop that appears to be from the novelisation's death of Eddie Brock.

I want to see this.

The novelization of SM3 was actually very good. I really don't know why they changed the film so much from what they had originally because it was a lot better then.

The novelization of SM3 was actually very good. I really don't know why they changed the film so much from what they had originally because it was a lot better then.

Novelizations are done after the script is written and the film is under way. Thus the term. They're making a novelized version of the script. The writers are given the freedom to add to the story as long as they don't change what essentially happens.

Right, but obviously there were a number of changes in the script AFTER the novelization was written. A lot of the things in the novel that didn't make it to the final cut of the film were actually shot (alternate final battle, Sandman visiting his daughter's doctor, and many, many more), proving that the script changes were done at the last minute.

Right, but obviously there were a number of changes in the script AFTER the novelization was written. A lot of the things in the novel that didn't make it to the final cut of the film were actually shot (alternate final battle, Sandman visiting his daughter's doctor, and many, many more), proving that the script changes were done at the last minute.

Exactly, proving that the the novelization is done independent of the script. Once the writer is given the script, he's on his own. The only updates he gets are when a narrative change happens, such as Gwen originally being the kidnap victim rather than MJ.

This is my (highly unlikely) hope for spiderman 3: to one day get the Sam Raimi cut of it a la

220px-Supermaniiricharddonnercut.jpg

^ We'll probably be waiting forever. :( I might email Sony to pester them lol, can't hurt.

Watching SM3 right now, and I never noticed this in the background of Dr. Connors' office:

Cute.
Interesting catch

For the life of me, I never hated the twist scene between Harry and MJ.
It's a funny scene, every dance number in that movie is funny for me

My dream Spider-Man 4 movie is Peter marrying Mary Jane, she doesn't see another guy and is most content with being Mrs. Spider-Man, she's not a damsel in distress, and give a very good reason for Connors to try the Lizard serum to be hunted by Kraven

I still hope for a director's/extended cut and score release of Spider-Man 3...someday.

This is my (highly unlikely) hope for spiderman 3: to one day get the Sam Raimi cut of it a la

220px-Supermaniiricharddonnercut.jpg
For that to happen we will need something like Superman Returns, a love letter to the Raimi/Maguire trilogy, and continues after their story. Continuing after Spider-Man 3 of course

Who wishes they would have went with the original Black Spider-Man costume from the comics for the movie?

797973735.jpg

Didn't mind the one they went with, but this for sure would have been pretty awesome.

There are times I wished we had this one, the sleek black look is awesome
But I prefer the original suit most of the time, glad they opted to paint the costume I prefer in black

The suit they used in the movie was pretty awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"