The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiting for Peter is keeping hold, not promising a guy she'd marry him and leave him hanging in their wedding day

I have come to this thread because I remembered when Spidey used to break box office records and have above a 90 on the RT consensus. Those days seem to be completely gone now.

Unfortunately, yes they do :csad:

Being a poster in the Spidey forum used to be more fun. LOL!

Can I say how much I love the photography of Spidey 2 and 3? Some of the finest shot films in the genre. Especially Spider-man 3. The choice to go "darker" gave the DP much more range and leeway in the way he could use color in that film. And I loved it. Sandman's birth, Spidey's fight with Sandman in the sewers with the the trains' light coming and going, the bell tower sequence are all so rich and diverse.

Agreed! I really loved how Black Suit Spidey looked. It was a great design! Loved how it changed up the color palletes for NYC itself when he was in it, also.

I still love the scenes with Harry from when he gets his memory back through the mansion fight. AWESOME movie during those moments :up:

I have come to this thread because I remembered when Spidey used to break box office records and have above a 90 on the RT consensus. Those days seem to be completely gone now.
Hey now, TASM3 could bring us back to those days.....:lmao:

Can I say how much I love the photography of Spidey 2 and 3? Some of the finest shot films in the genre. Especially Spider-man 3. The choice to go "darker" gave the DP much more range and leeway in the way he could use color in that film. And I loved it. Sandman's birth, Spidey's fight with Sandman in the sewers with the the trains' light coming and going, the bell tower sequence are all so rich and diverse.

Indeed.

tumblr_mrbzdx0wtU1qk01ceo2_250.gif
tumblr_mrbzdx0wtU1qk01ceo1_250.gif

tumblr_mrbzdx0wtU1qk01ceo4_250.gif
tumblr_mrbzdx0wtU1qk01ceo3_250.gif

tumblr_mrbzdx0wtU1qk01ceo6_250.gif
tumblr_mrbzdx0wtU1qk01ceo5_250.gif

tumblr_mrbzdx0wtU1qk01ceo7_250.gif
tumblr_mrbzdx0wtU1qk01ceo8_250.gif

tumblr_mrbzdx0wtU1qk01ceo9_250.gif
tumblr_mrbzdx0wtU1qk01ceo10_250.gif

^^

I liked Kirsten's red hair in Spider-Man 3.

It looked a little washed out in Spidey 2... but it looks fine there.

The cinematography/production values seemed off in SM3. Things seemed too "stagey", with obvious set pieces- also didn't care for the often bland and muddied colours. For me, SM2 nailed it perfectly. Slightly more polished than SM1, but without becoming too artificial, if that makes sense.

Great gifs, I too love the cinematography of spiderman 2/3.

Here's a couple cool pics from the trilogy:

sam_raimi_spiderman_trilogy_wallpaper_by_spiderybat90sgroup-d6dlpnb.jpg

spider-man-trilogy.jpg

spiderman_movie_poster_by_ragnarok026-d2yfnze.jpg

I'm rewatching 3 now and it's more a disappointment than anything. There are parts that are still good, like watching the Peter/Harry relationship develop after 2 other movies. But the whole emo Peter is still cringeworthy and the Sandman as Ben's killer just felt unnecessary.

I know a lot of people consider part 3 a bad movie, but there are so many cool scenes,moments and lines in that film. For me,a bad film is one that has no redeeming qualities at all. From the first time I saw it,and still to this day the movie entertains me everytime. The film has a lot of flaws but those don't bother me as much now. Sure,I hate how Venom is screwed over,how Sandman is made into Ben's killer;etc...but those moments don't take away the overall enjoyment I have for the film. Never have and probably never will.
But I do love how a lot of people seem to be changing their minds about part 3. There are still a lot who hate it,but I find more and more defend it now. I don't know if it's because they've settled down and can now look at the movie without such a critical eye,or if nostalgia has kicked in or maybe this new series has made people appreciate what we had with Raimi and co.? I'm not sure.

^^

I liked Kirsten's red hair in Spider-Man 3.

It looked a little washed out in Spidey 2... but it looks fine there.

I do too. She probably looks her best(and sexiest)in the original,but I love her look in part 3. Of course,I believe that's Kirsten's real hair in part 3. Didn't she wear a wig for 1 and 2?

Great gifs, I too love the cinematography of spiderman 2/3.

Here's a couple cool pics from the trilogy:

sam_raimi_spiderman_trilogy_wallpaper_by_spiderybat90sgroup-d6dlpnb.jpg
ZOMGZ TEH VENIM IZ IN TEH SPIDYS EYEZ!!!!!one!!! ,1!!!eleven

:o

I know a lot of people consider part 3 a bad movie, but there are so many cool scenes,moments and lines in that film. For me,a bad film is one that has no redeeming qualities at all. From the first time I saw it,and still to this day the movie entertains me everytime. The film has a lot of flaws but those don't bother me as much now. Sure,I hate how Venom is screwed over,how Sandman is made into Ben's killer;etc...but those moments don't take away the overall enjoyment I have for the film. Never have and probably never will.
But I do love how a lot of people seem to be changing their minds about part 3. There are still a lot who hate it,but I find more and more defend it now. I don't know if it's because they've settled down and can now look at the movie without such a critical eye,or if nostalgia has kicked in or maybe this new series has made people appreciate what we had with Raimi and co.? I'm not sure.

Agreed, I cant believe some of crap spouted on here about Spidey 3 since 2007, worst CBM ever? Please! Its the worst of the series sure, but its better than X-Men 3 and Blade 3 and in parts is better than Iron Man 3 as well.

I still like it and some parts are some of my favourite parts of the series.

I think a lot of it was just that spider man 1 was great then spider man 2 even better so the hype was at a all time high for spider man 3. If spider man 1 and 2 where not has good has they where I don't think spider man 3 would be hated on has much.

I decided to watch Spider-Man 2.1 and Spider-Man 3 on FX last night.

I still maintain that Spider-Man 3 isn't a bad movie. It certainly has a crowded screenplay, many parts were rushed, and there were some plot holes (Bernard's big scene is the standout one after all of these years still; oy ve), but even with all of that working against it, it still felt like a complete movie. The characters have a beginning, middle, and end to their stories, the theme of revenge vs. forgiveness is consistently present throughout the movie, and every fight scene is well-done (in my opinion). For all of the things Spider-Man 3 has working against it, it still manages to be a fun and complete movie. If Sony had let Sam Raimi make this into two movies, I think we would have had some really high-quality films. Alas, that did not happen.

As a huge, huge fan of the first two Spider-Man movies, Spider-Man 3 was certainly a disappointment. I never hated the film, but I wished the movie had been on the same level as the first two. As years have passed, I've found myself liking and appreciating the movie much more, even if I still acknowledge its flaws. I think the good stuff in Spider-Man 3 outweighs the bad stuff ... That's my opinion in a nutshell.

As for Spider-Man 2.1 ... I still very much prefer the original cut of the movie, but it was still fun to watch on FX. Aunt May's "I believe there's a hero in all of us" speech still gives me all the feels. Spider-Man 2, in my opinion, has the biggest heart of any comic book movie to date. It feels like a labor of love from the people involved in the making of this movie.

Yeah if they had brook the movie into 2 movies a spider man 3 and 4 it may have been a lot better. I think there was a romor at one point that they where going to but couldn't think of way to end spider man 3 if they did that or something. If they had just made a few small changes the movie would have probly been a lot better.

Because I watched the first Raimi Spider-Man movie on Friday, this piece of dialogue is still fresh in my mind:

"You know ... You're taller than you look."

"I hunch."

"Don't."

:hrt:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"