• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Official Lois Lane Characterization thread

Good question GL. Thing is, Lois can't realistically fall for Clark if they choose to once again portray him as a clumsy bumbling idiot who can't go more than 5 minutes without doing something stupid & apparently keeps his job simply because he's good at sucking up to Perry, which is pretty much how Chris Reeve played him. They need to play Clark more the way George Reeves played him or the way the DCAU depicted him in order for Lois to fall for him.

I don't think either of those questions quite hit the mark, though they are more competent and believable, I don't know that they resonate very well to an individual. I think a key is explaining how Superman got his values, and painting the picture of a messianic type hero without jade or cynicism. I think if played intelligently, including deflecting suspicion intelligently, then we see someone who can be interesting to Lois. Perhaps he uses his ingenuity to get a good story instead of his superpowers, for instance.

Going back on topic, I think one of the things that would attract Lois to Clark would be his incredible honesty or his ability to be this big strong guy and still be vulnerable to people, to still look out for people like Jimmy, or her.

Damn, did she nail the role. I always say there is actually a reason why she has the record of playing Lois Lane the longest; she is just brilliant at it. Hopefully they will bring her back in the nearest future.

Last edited:
If I could interject, this is turning into a casting thread. There's already a thread for that.

Last edited:
If I could interject, this is turning into a casting thread. There's already a thread for that.

Good point. Time for some Loisisms to get us in the mood for talking about how Lois is:

Smallville

Perry: All right, you lovebirds. Tell us what it's like working together and dating.
Clark: It's never been better.
Lois: It's kind of like being on a chain gang with your ball and chain.

Stern: Let me guess. You two have a lovers' spat?
Lois: Clark and I don't spat. There was no spatting.

Zod: I'm General Zod. And all of this is mine to give if you give me the names of whoever snuck you into the restricted zone.
Lois: My Dad's a general, too. And he still couldn't get me to spill how I got an M1 Abrams tank to take me to the prom. So I'm definitely not telling you anything.

Clark: What are you doing here? (reads her thoughts)
Lois: Standing in the shadow of six and a half foot of handsome. No, Lois, he doesn't get off that easy. Kick his ass!

Animated Series

[Lois, kicking herself for asking Superman on a date, talks to herself]
Lois Lane: I understand, Lois. Really, you do? Yep, you're a complete moron. Why thank you, Superman, I think I'm a total loser, too. Jeez.

Lois Lane: I'll get some iodine for that scrape. Burning, STINGING iodine.

Lois Lane: Hey, Clark, keep Bruce company for a minute while I see the Chief, okay?
Clark Kent: Uh, Lois...
Lois Lane: Shh, don't be intimidated. Regale him with stories of
[posh voice]
Lois Lane: the nightlife in Smallville.

Lois Lane: Come on!
Jimmy Olsen: Uh... I'll wait here.
Lois Lane: Oh, for God sake! Don't be such a girl!

Um, how can I put this: I was just thinking... it might be nice to see each other when I wasn't falling out a window or something. Not that I'm not grateful for all the times you've helped me, you understand.

I just hate seeing people miss opportunities. Life's too short.

You wanna keep up with me, you gotta be quick.

You sound too good to be true. What's your secret?

Comics

So... they don't have Irony in the future?

A lot of people talk about the end of the world... but no one really believes it will happen. Surprise.

It's been seventeen months, two weeks, four days and an odd number of hours since you scooped me.

Don't be cute, Kent. You're hard enough to resist without those puppy-dog looks.

Yeah well, don't get all excited, Clarkie-Boy. Denial builds character, and I'm gonna be denying you for a loooonng time.

You can't be everywhere. Nor can you right all the Earth's wrongs... A life... a love... They help you remember what it is you're fighting for...

As much as I'm married to Superman, my heart belongs to Clark.

The fact is, people will always treat Superman differently. You need a secret identity. It's what protects you from people... and it's what connects you to people. Under that costume you're Clark Kent -- you'll always be Clark Kent. You can't live without him... and neither can I!

You'd better take that super-mouth of yours and kiss me with it, Smallville, before I forget why I missed you.

I'm a reporter, not a warrior princess.

If I could have just chosen my parents like dishes on a chinese menu, don't you think I would have picked someone a little less neurotic? Nobody gets to choose their parents, Smallville. We all fall from the stars... into the arms of strangers.

Other

Lex Luthor: But we're not really strangers, are we? This is kind of a little reunion, isn't it? Heck, I'm a fan. I love your writing... and your dress.
Lois Lane: I love your boat. How'd you get it? Swindle some old widow out of her money?
Lex Luthor: [gushes and chuckles mockingly] That's funny. Hey, didn't you win the Pulitzer Prize for my favorite article of all time, 'Why the World DOESN'T Need Superman'?
Lois Lane: Didn't you have a few more years to go on that DOUBLE life sentence?

Lois Lane: Ha! So you admit it!
Molly Flynn: All right, I admit it. But we're still gonna die, so what good does it do?
Lois Lane: Well I feel a little better.

Lois Lane: Do you think I always have to be right?
Clark Kent: Well...not *always*.

Lois Lane: Do you think I'm a good friend?
Clark Kent: Lois, I think you're a great friend.

H.G. Wells: What's the matter, my dear?
Lois: Oh, you've been to the future, Mr. Wells. Is it true what Tempus said about me?
H.G. Wells: Oh, yes. You're as highly-revered as any woman in history.
Lois: Oh, no, I'm meant about being galactically stupid.
H.G. Wells: No, no, no, Miss Lane, not stupid, blind. It is one of the many things that makes your story so timeless. Why children never tire of hearing it at bedtime. Why parents never outgrow it. Generation after generation, we are all blinded by love, Miss Lane. Especially that one great love that changes us forever.
Tempus: Excuse me, but I'm in danger of choking on my own vomit.

Imdb's Quotes Page on the Character: http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0000198/quotes

as for the lilly thing we dont know how big of a role in that film is, and she did say she didnt want to get in that big of projects post lost. So yea we will have to see what happens with her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"