• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Official Mark Strong & Sinestro Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I thought. But Sin-Uh-Stro sounds pretty cool.

Gary Oldman CAN'T be Sinestro!

Sinestro: HAHAHA! I HAVE YOU NOW YOU GREEN GOON!!
Hal Jordan: Comissioner Gordon? What are you doing here?
Sinestro: Off duty? hehehehe
Hal Jordan: :whatever:

You're saying that Gary Oldman can't be Sinestro just because he's alredy Comissioner Gordon? That doesn't make any sense!

First, Oldman would be wearing thick makeup if he we're Sinestro. Second, Sinestro and Comissioner Gordon would't never be in a movie together, and, even if they are, they would't share scenes.

I don't see the problem.

If protocida were an X-Man, his mutant power would be... to miss the joke completely

Jokes aside. Yes, in my opinion Oldman or Mads Mikkelsen would be two of the top contenders. Oldman would be nice because there was a rumor that he was supposed to play another certain facial hair sporting alien tyrant. King Vegeta... how badass!

Gary Oldman doesn't play villains anymore.

Yeah hes more of a lighthearted hero actor now.

Lol, but how about Chow Yun Fat as Sinestro? Weird choice but I think he'd be good. Maybe they should look at Asian actors for Sinestro, he always looked kinda Asian

Chow Yun Fat?
Now that I think about it...
Save him for THE MANDARIN!!

I can't think of any other asian actors though haha. Any ideas? I still think an Asian Sinestro would be badass.

If Sinestro HAD to be played by an asian actor George Takei woouldnt be a bad choice... Great voice and commanding screen presence...
http://www.crossingeast.org/pics/GeorgeTakeiBig.jpg
It's all a moot point though... An asian Sinestro doesnt sound like a good idea to me. My idea of him is too rigidly set.
We should be looking at British actors... Someone mentioned Christopher Eccleston, which i really like, but he couldnt use his Manc accent... A Mancunian Sinestro wouldnt be right either, his voice/accent has to be English upper class and sneering... Dripping in it's own sense of superiority ...

I think an asian actor could work nicely. If anything a fresh direction after all the obvious British villain actors.

I think an asian actor could work nicely. If anything a fresh direction after all the obvious British villain actors.

Yes, but they're obvious for a reason and that reason is that most of them are genuinely really good at it.

Yeah, exactly. We need more inspired choices. I just cant think of any Asian actors, but an Asian actor could absolutely work very nicely.

Ken Watanabe would make a great Sinestro, but you know...

GREAT IDEA! Thats awesome dude! Kudos.
Any ideas for an Asian actor that hasnt been in a DC movie?

I'd like Damien Lewis. I think he can pull off the borderline good/bad guy well enough for the first movie and then a very bad guy for any sequels.

How about keep the characters as they are and don't force them to become asiatics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"