Dark of the Moon The Official Transformers 3 News And Speculation Thread - Part 2

Wow, thanks for that! So why is Starscream chasing Sam and his fishlips lady? I mean couldnt he just shoot a rocket and just kill them and be done with it?

What would the fun be in that? It's like a cat with it's mouse. They like to play with their prey :)

After all, humans are bugs to them. Why waste the ammo. You don't shot bugs even if you have a gun. You hunt and kill with your bare hands.

screenshot20110525at102.png

SO AWESOME!!

Mirage looks pretty cool with his blades, which reminds me a bit of a praying mantis.

this

Is quite literally the response that every non fanboy/hater has when they witness the design work in this series. From day one.

from day one.
(it's about time objectivity found a home here)

I am just hoping that Mirage has some decent screen time. He loos pretty awesome and I hope they do some great things with the new Autobots.

Same here. I hope he creates some of the illusions he did back in G1. Sorta wish there was a hint of blue or white on him, but beggers can't be choosers.

Transformers: Dark of the Moon begins in Cybertron. Sentinel Prime, Optimus Prime's mentor, pilots a spaceship called "The Ark", which contains technology that'd allow them to end the war, but it is damaged by Starscream and eventually crash-lands on the Moon in 1961.

The United States and the Soviet Union find out about it and the Space Race to reach the Moon and investigate the Ark begins. In 1969, the Apollo 11 crew arrives and explores the Ark, retrieving pieces of it and bringing them back to Earth for further studies. However, Sentinel Prime's body, now in Stasis Lock, is not found.

Today. Sam Witwicky and his new girlfriend Carly Miller are living in Washington, D.C., with two Decepticons-turned-Autobots, Wheelie and Brains. Sam's job application for NEST has been refused by the director of the National Security Agency, Charlotte Mearing, so he becomes a delivery boy at the firm of businessman Bruce Brassos. Carly is the personnal assistant of Dylan Gould, CEO of a major investments company.

Meanwhile, the Autobots are assisting NEST, led by Major William Lennox, in fighting human threats. Optimus Prime, Ratchet and Lennox head to Ukraine, where an engine booster from the Ark has been found by construction workers buried near Chernobyl. There, they are attacked by Shockwave, who is piloting the Driller, and retrieves the engine booster before returning to Africa, where Starscream, Soundwave and a weakned Megatron are hidden.

Optimus returns to America and confronts Mearing, who confirms that the Ark is in the Moon. The Autobots go there in a space shuttle provided by NASA and retrieve Sentinel Prime's body as well as part of the ship's cargo: Five Cybertronian pillars. Back on Earth, Optimus Prime uses the Matrix of Leadership to revive Sentinel Prime, who becomes a member of the Autobots.

At the firm, Sam meets Wang, an accountant who recognizes him from the Fallen's TV broadcasts and tells him that the Decepticons are using humans as pawns in a conspiracy. Laserbeak, who has been deployed by Soundwave, appears, kills Wang and tries to kill Sam, but is damaged and returns to Africa. Sam then heads to NEST's new headquarters, where he tells the Autobots about what happened. Mearing tells him to go back home, so Sam asks for the help of former Sector Seven agent Seymour Simmons, who has become a millionaire after writing a book about his experiences. Simmons and his assistant, Dutch, agree, but Carly becomes irritated that Sam is trying to save the world again and breaks up with him.

Sam, Simmons, Dutch, Bumblebee and Brains meet a group of Cosmonauts now living in America, who show them pictures of the Dark Side of the Moon filled with hundreds of Cybertronian pillars. They deduce that the Decepticons already knew about the Pillars and allowed the Autobots to revive Sentinel Prime because he is the key to using the pillars to activate a Space Bridge. At this moment, Ironhide, Sideswipe, Mirage and Sentinel Prime are attacked by the Dreads - Crankcase, Crowbar and Hatchet. With Bumblebee's help, they are defeated, but Sentinel Prime betrays the Autobots, kills Ironhide and escapes with the pillars.

It is revealed that Sentinel Prime decided that the Autobots would never win the war and decided to join forces with Megatron to teleport Cybertron to Earth's orbit, using Earth's resources and the humans as slave laborers to restore Cybertron before destroying the planet. Megatron awakens an army of Decepticons hidden on the Moon and they invade Earth through the Space Bridges, taking over the planet. The Autobots try to stop this, but are defeated by the Decepticons and forced to go into hidding.

Sam goes to Dylan's penthouse to find Carly, who went to a party there. Upon arriving, he discovers that Dylan is working with the Decepticons and Carly has been captured by Soundwave. Dylan forces Sam to spy on the Autobots, but Sam manages to warn Optimus of it. Sentinel Prime demands that the Autobots are exiled from Earth or the Decepticons will kill more humans. Earth's governments vote for them to leave. The Autobots head for Cape Canaveral, where they meet Robert Epps and the Wreckers Leadfoot, Topspin and Roadbuster, who modified the ship that brought Sideswipe's team to Earth, the Xantium, to allow the Autobots to leave.

As they're departing, Starscream appears and damages the Xantium, which crash-lands, seemingly killing the Autobots. Sam asks for Epps' help to rescue Carly and they go to Chicago, where the Decepticons have established a base. They manage to retrieve Carly, but are attacked by the Decepticons and chased to a building, where they attempt to shoot the main pillar of the Space Bridge, which is connected to Earth's magnetic core, before it opens the portal. Shockwave, piloting the Driller, attacks and destroys the building, just as the Autobots return alongside Lennox and his team.

Optimus destroys the Driller and then kills Shockwave. Meanwhile, Sentinel Prime humiliates Megatron before the Decepticons. Wheeljack gives Sam a power glove before being killed by Decepticons. Starscream kills Mirage and then chases Sam and Carly. Sam uses the power glove to damage Starscream and, with Lennox's help, they destroy him. Bumblebee kills Soundwave. Laserbeak is destroyed. Optimus destroys the pillar just as Cybertron begins to appear on Earth's orbit.

Optimus fight Sentinel and is badly beaten. Carly finds Megatron and tells him that Sentinel will destroy them the moment they stop being useful. Megatron, infuriated, helps Optimus to destroy Sentinel. They then talk about how the war has gone on for too long. Megatron no longer has dreams of conquering the Universe, he just wants his home back. Optimus allows him to return to Cybertron with the Decepticons and rebuild it, while the Autobots vow to stay on Earth. Optimus and Megatron become "brothers" again and Megatron leaves.

Meanwhile, Bumblebee gives Sam a ring which he uses to ask Carly's hand in marriage.

THE END.

[blackout]Sentinel kills Ironhide
Oh hell naw!!!

Also, why would the bad guys kidnap Carly? Do they have a ***** for her lips?

The ending is AWESOME though! Still, heartwarming feelings aside, shouldnt Megatron pay for what he did instead of being trusted with Cybertron? [/blackout]

Last edited:
I'm very curious how many more times you will find yourself compelled to post the entire film up for our viewing pleasure...yay for spoilers.:yay:

that being said, the totally rad boys posted a video with their thoughts based on their 20min screening ala bay/cameron conference.

[YT]36UuXUluSG4[/YT]

it's always good to hear skeptics come back from these things.
some good insight on the 3D viewing experience as well.

can't wait to see the money shot of the year they mention in the vid.

This one seems to get pretty deep characterization wise with both Autobots and Decepticons, so Bay looks to be making good on that promise, if it's accurate to the final product.

The ONE thing that keeps worrying me is... it doesn't seem like there's many action sequences. It's all in one city, might be the reason why it seems this way. But, all the footage in the trailers seems to come from one giant fight. Like there's nothing separating them. Have we heard how many action sequences there will be yet? Well, now 2 counting the desert...

The ONE thing that keeps worrying me is... it doesn't seem like there's many action sequences. It's all in one city, might be the reason why it seems this way. But, all the footage in the trailers seems to come from one giant fight. Like there's nothing separating them. Have we heard how many action sequences there will be yet? Well, now 2 counting the desert...

I thought we didn't want as much action, and more dramatic moments featuring the robots. :huh:

Here is what I am wondering does Lennox die ? We barely see him in the previews

You cannot have a live action TF movie without humans in it....

if they did an animated movie, then maybe... but not live action.

Yup. I love how Orci and Kurtzman I believe their names were pissed on what Bay has done to Transformers and said that their cartoon is awesome and will get everything right and they go and make the ****ing autobots babysitters!? HAHAHAHA. Most of the episodes are about the kids getting into trouble and the autobots having to save them. Great stuff.

I still like that series but the relationship with humans has always been babysitter like.

In almost all the cartoons (except G1, Beast Wars with the early hominids) they're the babysitters. Seriously look at any of Transformers animations.

If anything Bay has been incredibly reverent despite all the naysaying in that regard.

I am not saying otherwise, I was just pointing out the fact that Orci and Kurtzman basically dumped on the human element in the movies and then turned around and made it the basis for their cartoon. I guess to just pump up their own show.

If you want to be spoiled, here are the action scenes we know about:

- Mirage, Sideswipe, Bumblebee and others action scene in Iran
- Optimus Prime action scene with Shockwave in Ukraine
- Action scene with Dreads on highway
- Action in DC
- Final battle in Chicago (huge)

These are all the main ones I believe

Compared to ROTF which IIRC was:

- China
- Factory/Forest
- Egypt

Same here. I hope he creates some of the illusions he did back in G1. Sorta wish there was a hint of blue or white on him, but beggers can't be choosers.

Mirage could make himself invisible. Hound did the illusions (holograms).

Mirage could make himself invisible. Hound did the illusions (holograms).

Right. When I said illusion, should have been more specific in the sense of the word - meant an illusion of him not being there or in a different place. Regardless - we're on the same page and I'm sure we both hope Bay does something like this for Mirage !

His blades look a little 'shopped in, but I say that based off a (possibly unfinished) still.

There's still a big disconnect between my mind's idea of Mirage and Movie Mirage. The red coat throws me off.

Passdom, very cool. Thanks for putting my mind at ease dude.

Niceee! Thats soo sick. One of my favorite cars

same.... had one pass me the other week.... nearly crashed my car trying to get a good look at it LOL

If you want to be spoiled, here are the action scenes we know about:

- Mirage, Sideswipe, Bumblebee and others action scene in Iran
- Optimus Prime action scene with Shockwave in Ukraine
- Action scene with Dreads on highway
- Action in DC
- Final battle in Chicago (huge)

These are all the main ones I believe

Compared to ROTF which IIRC was:

- China
- Factory/Forest
- Egypt

I've been waiting for a [BLACKOUT]highway[/BLACKOUT] scene since they teased us in the first.

:word:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"