Dark of the Moon The Official Transformers 3 News And Speculation Thread - Part 2

I am willing to bet that Bay does TF4 if this one makes huge bank. Maybe after he does another movie but there is no way they are stopping these and they will do all they can to get Bay back.

And it will. People can say whatever they want about the quality of these movies, but RotF made more than quadruple its budget. I have no reservations about saying that this one will probably do the same.

And it will. People can say whatever they want about the quality of these movies, but RotF made more than quadruple its budget. I have no reservations about saying that this one will probably do the same.

It will make bank but I am talking huge bank. 1 billion+ worldwide. I think if this passes 1 billion worldwide, then Bay is a lock to come back. If this gets 700-750 worldwide, I don't think we will see him back and he will move on to Bad Boys III or something new. I mean it has to just decimate at the box office. He seems very disinterested in a fourth right now.

This series is the only one where I actually had to wait until the following Monday to see both of them because every showing I tried to hit was literally sold out the entire weekend.

Bay & Nelson have asked those of us who are members on SFTE if there's much promoting of DOTM in out area and local Cinema's (Posters/Trailers/TV Spots/ETC)

So i'm going to ask it here.... have you guys seen much promoting of the movie around?

In my neck of the woods - the only WalMart and Target are starting to amp the toy department with some Transformers - not as great as I would have liked, but I'm sure a better selection will come around.

The local cinema has a huge poster for DOTM, but that's really it.

Tak into consideration I live in the mountains so that probably isn't helping much.

If Bay stays, it will be as a producer

That's if they'll continue with the universe Bay set up.... if they reboot, then i don't think he'll have any part in any more movies...

Honest opinion, what Bay and Spielberg did for the franchise is a perfect blockbuster formula.

As much as I love the old show, would a human free Transformers film on Cybertron really be that appealing? What could they possibly do as an alternative direction for future stories?

You cannot have a live action TF movie without humans in it....

if they did an animated movie, then maybe... but not live action.

If they decided to take an 80s show approach...it's animation or nothing.

The human struggle and connection added in(especially Spielberg's idea of Bumblebee and Sam bond) just adds something to these movies.

So, the only real approach is to change the robot designs, human characters, and ultimately, the story...which could be improved upon greatly for a future reboot.

I like Bayformers for what it is. A reboot could be better, but I don't see that happening when each movie makes back double the budget in North America alone.

I like Bayformers for what it is. A reboot could be better, but I don't see that happening when each movie makes back double the budget in North America alone.

and why not? If it was rebooted, there wasn't anything bay did that couldn't be duplicated (in a sense) or done better?

If anything...they could just continue on or take a diff. approach, not really start over again.

Has there been any pictures of Megatron's robot form (other than the action figure)?

Has there been any pictures of Megatron's robot form (other than the action figure)?

There’s a pretty nice picture of him wrapped in chains on the cover of the Transformers: Foundation trade paperback that came out last week. I'm at work so I can't get the picture right now but if you google it, you can find it.

and why not? If it was rebooted, there wasn't anything bay did that couldn't be duplicated (in a sense) or done better?

Studios consider reboots when A) the crew won't do sequels and/or B) when the box office returns are low. Event A has been claimed, yet under Bay's direction, B hasn't happened yet, which means they're still happy with what they're getting. Foregoing the profit that can come with more Bayformers for the sake of a vocal minority calling for a reboot is not the safe option studios go with.

Could a reboot be good, even better? Sure. But artistic integrity isn't the real issue here.

If anything...they could just continue on or take a diff. approach, not really start over again.
They could continue, which they'd happily do with Bay. Without him, it's a gamble. No more military freebies, for one. If they take a different approach, we come back to square one- risk v. reward.

Last edited:
Studios consider reboots when A) the crew won't do sequels and/or B) when the box office returns are low. Event A has been claimed, yet under Bay's direction, B hasn't happened yet, which means they're still happy with what they're getting. Foregoing the profit that can come with more Bayformers for the sake of a vocal minority calling for a reboot is not the safe option studios go with.

Could a reboot be good, even better? Sure. But artistic integrity isn't the real issue here.

They could continue, which they'd happily do with Bay. Without him, it's a gamble. No more military freebies, for one. If they take a different approach, we come back to square one- risk v. reward.

Well to me it seems whats making the money is the explosions and graphics, typical blockbuster movie, so if the studio wants to continue they would find away, it never stop them before...

and bay said he was done, leaving it open for a reboot (in his words), so again i dont see why it couldnt continue on. To me, nothing Bay did, another director wouldnt have a problem doing and i agree..starting over would be a mess.

basically i'm saying TF is not fit for only the likes of Bay, in my opinion.

Last edited:
screenshot20110525at102.png

SO AWESOME!!

Mirage doesn't look too bad

In fact, he looks like a version of what Sideswipe should be in this universe. Regardless, this movie should be a fun ride.

I am just hoping that Mirage has some decent screen time. He loos pretty awesome and I hope they do some great things with the new Autobots.

If Mirage is an Autobot, why does it look like he's about to attack those soldiers?

He's protecting another group of humans from some soldiers.

He's just trying to intimidate them.

Mirage looks pretty cool with his blades, which reminds me a bit of a praying mantis.

screenshot20110525at102.png

SO AWESOME!!
Wow, Mirage looks amazing! [BLACKOUT] Its such a pity that he dies. [/BLACKOUT]
Wow, thanks for that! So why is Starscream chasing Sam and his fishlips lady? I mean couldnt he just shoot a rocket and just kill them and be done with it?
Mirage looks pretty cool with his blades, which reminds me a bit of a praying mantis.
Yeah, me too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"