The Official WONDER WOMAN Discussion Thread - Part 4

Oh it definitely was overall. I think it's one of my favorite WW runs ever. But Cheetah kind of sucked, especially her team ups/hook ups with Zoom and *shudders* Snapper Carr, both of which happened under Rucka's pen. She was the one bad part of his run. Thankfully, he seems to have done his homework on her this time.

Cool. Pretty much the only Wonder Woman I'll recommend to people is if it's written by Marston, Perez, or Rucka. I know people liked Azz's run, and I guess that's fine, but it was just okay to me.

Batman '66/Wonder Woman '77 crossover announced!

http://variety.com/2016/digital/news/wonder-woman-77-batman-66-crossover-1201881611/
https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/784504623474348032

4vBSleZ.jpg

Cool. Pretty much the only Wonder Woman I'll recommend to people is if it's written by Marston, Perez, or Rucka. I know people liked Azz's run, and I guess that's fine, but it was just okay to me.

I overall like Azzarello's run based on its own merits, especially the way he writes Diana, the creative use of the Gods and the artwork, but there's a lot of stuff I didn't like and a lot of characters I wanted to see weren't featured (Cheetah, Etta, Artemis, etc.). So yeah, I agree that Rucka, Perez and Marston (or Marston-by-way-of-Morrison in Earth One) are far more to my taste.

WONDER WOMAN 75TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL #1 is an oversized 80-page comic that arrives on store shelves October 26, 2016 and will feature stories from over a dozen of the biggest names in comics today.

Liam Sharp
Rafael Scavone and Rafael Albuquerque
Brenden Fletcher and Karl Kerschl
Fabio Moon
Hope Larson and Ramon Bachs
Renae De Liz and Ray Dillon
Jill Thompson
Annie Wu
Yanick Paquette and Nathan Fairbairn
Sebastian Fumara
Claire Roe and Jordie Bellaire
Marcio Takara and Marcelo Maiolo
Phil Jimenez and Romulo Fajardo Jr
Brian Bolland
Marguerite Bennett and Marguerite Sauvage
Jenny Frison
Gail Simone and Colleen Doran
http://www.hitfix.com/harpy/exclusi...hy-in-her-wonder-woman-75th-anniversary-story

YhPduet.jpg

Frank Cho is making an ass of himself. He is saying that DC wants him to take over WW when they get rid of the current writer.

Looks like Rucka has [BLACKOUT]retconned Azz/Chiang's run[/BLACKOUT]. :shrug:

"Cho described his Wonder Woman project as “non-stop action from start to finish.” “And all these female political [agendas], I’m not even addressing that,” he said. “She’s Wonder Woman, where there’s a bad guy she’s gonna fight the bad guy and beat him. That’s all it is. That’s what comic books should be."'

So, Cho not only has zero understanding of Wonder Woman, but a very low view of comics. Cool. Keep up the great work.

Cho's always been a jerk. Very full of himself and a low opinion of... everything else, apparently. Just a few months ago I was watching Con appearances online from both he and Jim Lee... The difference in their demeanor's and interactions with people was night and day.

What happened?
Apparently every time Diana came back to the island since she had first left it, it wasn't the real island each time (clones?) Thus it is not only Azzarello's run that didn't really happen but it is also the past writers' runs.

We'll see where it'll go, but I'm kinda glad the first arc is done so I can drop the odd numbered issues. I've been enjoying Year One more to be honest so I'll stay for the even numbered issues.
And it is glorious.
I'm cool with this.
I really liked their run. Sure, making the amazons rapists and murderers wasn't such a great idea and probably the only thing I dislike from their run, but overall I enjoyed the mythological tale.

I really liked their run. Sure, making the amazons rapists and murderers wasn't such a great idea and probably the only thing I dislike from their run, but overall I enjoyed the mythological tale.

There are definitely aspects of it I like as well. I have it in trade and will continue to read it when the mood strikes me. But I think the depiction of the Amazons was too big a problem to let slide, it went against everything the character and her world are meant to be about. All the other characters introduced in the Azzarello run can still exist though, so that probably won't change.

So pumped for that.

I want to see Morrison's Cheetah. One of the Amazons shown in Earth One had a cheetah-print tattoo on her shoulder, so I can't imagine that was a coincidence. Though I am hoping he might go for Priscilla Rich instead.

I liked Azz's overall, too, but getting rid of that aspect is a big plus. It honestly almost ruined the whole run they had on the title.

So WW is returning to Themiscrya in Trinity which seems like something that should be a big event for her own title...

So WW is returning to Themiscrya in Trinity which seems like something that should be a big event for her own title...

It's a fake Themiscira created by the White Mercy though. It's just an illusion like the stuff Clark and Bruce went through. If she ever gets back to the real Paradise Island, I imagine Rucka will be the one to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"