The Official Superman Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I'd share this in all threads that apply.

Greg Pak/Jae Lee Batman/Superman starts in June.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2013/02/21/batman-superman-comic-book-series/1935817/
Hopefully this book will be fun. I always loved how the original series was sort of in its own little world, and delved into some really crazy stuff.

What did you guys think of Action #17? It was a whacky, non-linear story, and was a bit confusing, I thought. It seemed like the sort of issue that requires one to read the entire series in one shot to totally see what's happening. Still, it's fun.

I'll give it a try because Pak usually makes for a good read, but I'm already put off by his thing about Superman and Batman fueling part of the series' conflict themselves. One of the things I loved about the previous Superman/Batman series was the focus on the friendship between those two in spite of their differences. The last thing I need to see is more of Superman and Batman squabbling like children, but it seems like the fact that the very early days of the New 52 is being used as an excuse to indulge in stuff like that more and more.

My one issue with this book is how is it suppose to tell the first meeting between Superman and Batman when their first meeting was in Justice League?

What did you guys think of Action #17? It was a whacky, non-linear story, and was a bit confusing, I thought. It seemed like the sort of issue that requires one to read the entire series in one shot to totally see what's happening. Still, it's fun.

It was the first Action issue I've read and just been like :dry:

I'll give it a try because Pak usually makes for a good read, but I'm already put off by his thing about Superman and Batman fueling part of the series' conflict themselves. One of the things I loved about the previous Superman/Batman series was the focus on the friendship between those two in spite of their differences. The last thing I need to see is more of Superman and Batman squabbling like children, but it seems like the fact that the very early days of the New 52 is being used as an excuse to indulge in stuff like that more and more.

I'm with you. I want them as friends, and basically in their "prime," making the book feel that much more special.

Guys, a fun little factoid I just discovered: I was rereading Morrison's Batman & Robin series, and I stumbled across something cool in issue 7 (found in the Vol. 2 "Batman vs. Robin" TPB). Grayson-Batman visits the supervillain prison in England, and the jailor gives him a run through of some of the crazy criminals they have locked away...including a "mechanical space monsters like our Metalek xenoformer down there." Lo and behold, there at the bottom of the panel is one of those Metalek construction vehicles from Action!

Just more proof that Morrison operates in his own little universe.

Has nobody posted anything about the Lee/Snyder (thought to be titled) 'Man of Steel' series being called 'Superman Unchained'? Or is that going on in another thread?

It goes here it just has been talked about already before it was given a name.

The title doesn't even make sense. Was superman chained before? Was he threatened of being chained? Will he remain chained in the non-unchained superman titles? It's like they're making some desperate attempt to sound hip but instead of sounding hip they just come off as old dudes sounding like they're making a desperate attempt to be hip.

Has nobody posted anything about the Lee/Snyder (thought to be titled) 'Man of Steel' series being called 'Superman Unchained'? Or is that going on in another thread?

Are they trying to make it sound like Django Unchained

The title doesn't even make sense. Was superman chained before? Was he threatened of being chained? Will he remain chained in the non-unchained superman titles? It's like they're making some desperate attempt to sound hip but instead of sounding hip they just come off as old dudes sounding like they're making a desperate attempt to be hip.

Perhaps this will be a book in which Superman is allowed to go full power, and is thus metaphorically "unchained".

Perhaps this will be a book in which Superman is allowed to go full power, and is thus metaphorically "unchained".

but how is that different from any of the other superman books? either way, no matter the actual intentions, the title sounds dumb.

I want a whole rated R Batman series from Snyder now using Tarantino titles.

Kill Batman-Volumes 1 and 2

Batfamily Basterds or Inglourious Batman

Batfamily Unchained

Reservoir Batman

Batman Proof

Batman Brown

Superman Unchained, not that great of a title...

And I had also hoped this book would be more separated from N52 and more like out of continuity.

I am now more interested than ever to see where they are taking Superman after this H'EL on Earth arc. Especially now that it has been shown that H'EL was right. With H'EL back on Krypton now and H'EL knowing the fate of Krypton is there a chance he could save it and prevent Kal-El and Kara from coming to Earth? Also could this be the reason for the event's from Superman and Supergirl #0. All I know is I am looking forward to the future of Superman and the new team on Action because I am waiting for past Superman to link up to present because so far Morrison Superman doesn't resemble present Superman at all besides the suit. While I am enjoying his run I just wish they matched up more like what Perez tried to do.

I actually had the idea of a book called "Superman Unchained" years ago (Superman would play his own son Clark Kent Jr.,the son of his secret identity, fake his death as Clark Kent because it takes part decades in the future)! Not because of "Django Unchained", obviously, but "Hercules Unchained".

"Unchained" because Superman broke free of all the post-crisis BS.

I can't be the only one that thinks Reservoir Batman sounds utterly badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"