The Official Superman Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex and the others were just powerless puppets mind controlled by the evil of the hats :o

He's definitely the bartender :up:

Not sure if he's Clark's landlady too but that would be a neat twist

I'm digging Mxy being the main villain here though I kind of miss the more silly version with the bowler hat

I wouldn't say he's the main villain yet, but whatever he's doing is definitely building up to something more than just a silly, reality warping prank.

When are we getting Morrison version on how Superman met the or joined the Justice League as he talked about before as well as when are we getting the issue on when he learned he could fly?

.......Morrison's version? We already know how he joined the Justice League, in Justice League. What makes you think he's gonna make a new one up?

As far as flying, well, I guess you'll find out eventually.

.......Morrison's version? We already know how he joined the Justice League, in Justice League. What makes you think he's gonna make a new one up?

As far as flying, well, I guess you'll find out eventually.
Because in an interview he said he was going to retell their first meeting from Superman's point a view. All these were suppose to be done in the first year.

Y'know, I was reading OMAC #7 today, and Didio characterized Superman perfectly in it. He was brash, headstrong, and a bit of a bastard to his opponent (OMAC), but did it in the wholesome, undeniably Superman way.

OMAC makes me want to actually see Didio write more.

I didn't read any of the Superman Beyond titles, but considering that the last title writen by Morrison was part of the Final Crisis storyline, are the Superman Beyond comics set in the normal DC Universe or in Bruce Timm's DC Animated Universe like Batman Beyond?

Morrison's Superman Beyond was a totally different thing that the normal Superman Beyond.

Y'know, I was reading OMAC #7 today, and Didio characterized Superman perfectly in it. He was brash, headstrong, and a bit of a bastard to his opponent (OMAC), but did it in the wholesome, undeniably Superman way.

OMAC makes me want to actually see Didio write more.

A lot of that was Giffen though. DiDio was more of the idea guy not the executor. You could see it in the first issue of Giffen and Jurgens' Supes run last month too which is hands down the best issue of that series in this entire volume by far.

Yeah Morrison's Superman Beyond was one of the last really good showcases of the pre-Flashpoint Superman.

Yeah...but I actually thought he was written a lot better in OMAC than in Superman #7. Not that Superman was bad or anything, but his portrayal in OMAC was just balls to the walls.

Hence why I assumed it was more Didio's input than Giffen's.

so.....a question about the Kryptonian armor worn by Superman and Supergirl.

I haven't read the issue yet, but it's my understanding that Superman's armor is "stored" in his S shield, and when he presses it, it expands and covers his body. correct?

but, in the latest Supergirl issue, when she removes her armor to change into Earth clothes for the 1st time, she's removing individual items ( cape, boots ).

She does comment how Earth clothes feel unnatural to her as they don't "fit" to her body. That seems to suggest that Kryptonian clothes adjust themselves to the user's body.

so, do Kara and Superman wear different kinds of armor ( where Superman's armor can be stored in his shield, but Kara's armor is made up of individual pieces )?

Well, ask yourself this. Where would Supergirl have gotten Kryptonian armor? Only reason Supes has it is because he stumbled upon it while invading Braniac's ship. Seeing as Kara didn't have such a luxury, you can only hypothesize that it's not Kryptonian armor. You can assume that it's some other kind of material that she got from somewhere else.

Or, whoever is writing Supergirl had no idea what Morrison and whoever else was gonna do and did his own thing.

Well, ask yourself this. Where would Supergirl have gotten Kryptonian armor? Only reason Supes has it is because he stumbled upon it while invading Braniac's ship. Seeing as Kara didn't have such a luxury, you can only hypothesize that it's not Kryptonian armor. You can assume that it's some other kind of material that she got from somewhere else.

Or, whoever is writing Supergirl had no idea what Morrison and whoever else was gonna do and did his own thing.

well, I think Supergirl's armor is Kryptonian because she mentions that it's the only thing she has left from her home world ( which is why she's reluctant to remove it and change into Earth clothes ).

so, it could be Superman's armor is more "advanced" ( since it was on Brainiac's ship ) than Kara's. and maybe that is the case. Superman's armor may be some kind of "battle armor" that Kryptonian warriors/soldier wear. Whereas Kara mentioned ( in the 1st issue, if I remember now ) that her armor was a "right of passage" thing that young Kryptonians received when they graduated or something.

or, as you say, perhaps it's one writer not knowing what the other writer is doing.

with that being said, is there a new artist on Supergirl's book? cuz I like the way Kara is drawn in the latest issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
so.....a question about the Kryptonian armor worn by Superman and Supergirl.

I haven't read the issue yet, but it's my understanding that Superman's armor is "stored" in his S shield, and when he presses it, it expands and covers his body. correct?

but, in the latest Supergirl issue, when she removes her armor to change into Earth clothes for the 1st time, she's removing individual items ( cape, boots ).

She does comment how Earth clothes feel unnatural to her as they don't "fit" to her body. That seems to suggest that Kryptonian clothes adjust themselves to the user's body.

so, do Kara and Superman wear different kinds of armor ( where Superman's armor can be stored in his shield, but Kara's armor is made up of individual pieces )?

I don't know if it's stored in the shield exactly. Clark refers to it in his inner monologue as Kryptonian bio-technology, and it begins as sort of a t-shirt (short sleeves and no collar), and after he does the shirt rip, the S glows and the suit and cape materializes over the rest of his body. I assume that it can be removed like regular clothes, piece by piece, since that's how Superman first put it on when he got it in Action Comics, and he had the cape long before he ever got the suit.

Another thing is when Brainiac described the suit, it was implied that it's not something just every Kryptonian gets to wear, like it's reserved for Kryptonian royalty. Kara came to Earth in whatever she wore on Krypton supposedly, while Clark found it among Brainiac's prized collection of Kryptonian artifacts. And the Els aren't royalty. The reason the suit is red and blue with an S symbol is because it can apparently recognize what family and culture the wearer belongs to. As Superman and Brainiac fought, he bumped into bottled cities from other worlds and the suit changed color momentarily.

Last edited:
I don't know if it's stored in the shield exactly. Clark refers to it in his inner monologue as Kryptonian bio-technology, and it begins as sort of a t-shirt (short sleeves and no collar), and after he does the shirt rip, the S glows and the suit and cape materializes over the rest of his body. I assume that it can be removed like regular clothes, piece by piece, since that's how Superman first put it on when he got it in Action Comics, and he had the cape long before he ever got the suit.

Another thing is when Brainiac described the suit, it was implied that it's not something just every Kryptonian gets to wear, like it's reserved for Kryptonian royalty. Kara came to Earth in whatever she wore on Krypton supposedly, while Clark found it among Brainiac's prized collection of Kryptonian artifacts. And the Els aren't royalty. The reason the suit is red and blue with an S symbol is because it can apparently recognize what family and culture the wearer belongs to. As Superman and Brainiac fought, he bumped into bottled cities from other worlds and the suit changed color momentarily.

ahh.....thanks.

I'll have to read that issue.

I'm really hoping Morrison is going to introduce some more new takes on classic villains

I'd dig seeing his take on Toyman or Parasite

To address the Supergirl question: I don't have my copy with me now, but in the first or second issue Kara questions why she is wearing her suit, referencing it as part of her graduation ceremony. It sounded to me like it was a formal, ceremonial garment.

It was very strongly hinted during the Perez run on Superman that Lois knew Clark's secret identity. I'm hoping that's not a plot point that the new creative team on the book decide to breeze over.

It was very strongly hinted during the Perez run on Superman that Lois knew Clark's secret identity. I'm hoping that's not a plot point that the new creative team on the book decide to breeze over.
Agreed. Not only that it was strongly hinted at that Lois was in love with or has strong feelings for Clark. as you already said these are things I hope they don't over look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"