The Official Superman Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it has. It was done by Jim Lee and was released or shown a few pages back. It is the one with Superman in his new outfit standing around a bunch of robots. That was the variant cover I got 2 copies of both covers.

That was the variant Cover for Action Comics #1 not Superman #1...

anyone looking forward to Superboy??

that comes out tomorrow, right?

Ya im the same. Already not excited about backpeddling on Superboy but ill see what they do with it.

Nah, won't be checking it out. Got to get GL and some other titles I can't remember. To

I am definitely passing. I loved Superboy starting from "Reign of the Supermen" to his most recent series (well, less so at the end, but still), especially in his Young Justice comic years, when he was impetuous but finally realizing and embracing the legacy to which he was heir. Everything I've seen of the new Superboy makes him look more like his Young Justice cartoon counterpart, a.k.a. a secret weapon who turns into the Hulk with an S symbol.

Which sucks. You know, in case that wasn't clear.

I'll be giving it one issue to impress me.

yeah......I'm cautious about Superboy, too. and I hate how he's portrayed on Young Justice.........( ooh....look at me.......I'm angry!! )

but I'm also curious.........is he going to be some kind of cyborg ( which the cover seems to hint at )??

and why does he look different than he does in the Titans book??

I will be kind of p***** if they do make Conner some kind of cyborg........:cmad:

yeah......I'm cautious about Superboy, too. and I hate how he's portrayed on Young Justice.........( ooh....look at me.......I'm angry!! )

but I'm also curious.........is he going to be some kind of cyborg ( which the cover seems to hint at )??

and why does he look different than he does in the Titans book??

I will be kind of p***** if they do make Conner some kind of cyborg........:cmad:
I don't think he'll be a cyborg. I suspect his first arc may be set a little earlier than Teen Titans, too. It looks like he's still working for NOWHERE in his comic, whereas he joins the Teen Titans to fight NOWHERE in their comic. Unless he's an extreme flip-flopper, that seems to point to the former being set some undisclosed amount of time prior to the latter.

I don't think he'll be a cyborg. I suspect his first arc may be set a little earlier than Teen Titans, too. It looks like he's still working for NOWHERE in his comic, whereas he joins the Teen Titans to fight NOWHERE in their comic. Unless he's an extreme flip-flopper, that seems to point to the former being set some undisclosed amount of time prior to the latter.

well, I heard Superboy is going to be the main "villain" for the 1st story arc of TT.........

so maybe he joins the Titans after that......

but the cover of Superboy does make it look like he's being "put together" by machines or something........

maybe it's just his suit that's being constructed.......

Could just be artistic license, too. I mean, whether he's a literal cyborg or not, he was "built" by scientists in some sense.

Could just be artistic license, too. I mean, whether he's a literal cyborg or not, he was "built" by scientists in some sense.

true.....

it will be interesting to find out.......nonetheless.

I just want him to use his TK powers more.........do stuff that Superman can't or won't do.

same with Kara and her "new" power set.....whatever that is........

Will Superboy still have Kryptonian powers and Tactile Telekinesis?
Yes! Sorta! That is, Superboy doesn't actually HAVE Kryptonian powers, per se -- he has a body that, in tandem with his telekinetic powers, can facsimilate and accommodate Kryptonian powers that any other human hybrid could not. But I think it is important that Superboy is not just Mini-Superman with tk powers. (There is already a Superman, and he's awesome!)
Back to the tactile TK mimicking Kryptonian powers, huh? That's interesting.

Back to the tactile TK mimicking Kryptonian powers, huh? That's interesting.

I hope his TK is not just limited to "tactile" TK.......

maybe initially it can be......but at some point......it should evolve into full blown TK powers.......

oh....and just read further into that interview.....

like what I'm hearing about Wonder Girl. glad she's not a "thief" "thief" ( like Catwoman or Gambit )........

however, it seems like she "stole" her powers.........hmmmm.....

and......it seems Superboy's "robot" looking suit is just his monitor suit from N.O.W.H.E.R.E.

and he's NOT a robot/cyborg!! :awesome:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, but they didn't really make it a big point about the character.

And I don't know why they're doing so now. Defining her as a thief in the solicitation makes it seem like she's a lot more of a thief than Lobdell is now indicating.

Cassie stole her powers in the post-Crisis universe as well.

didn't know that........

And I don't know why they're doing so now. Defining her as a thief in the solicitation makes it seem like she's a lot more of a thief than Lobdell is now indicating.

they're forcing us to read the book to find out!! curse them!! :argh:

I'll just wait until somebody inevitably shows up to complain about how much it sucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"