The Official Superman Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what the hell I just read, but the first few pages were fun and the last two were awesome. God, how I've missed that suit.

I'm going to hate this because after Convergence I'm going to miss pre-52/Flashpoint Superman even more. I still wished that DC rebooted all of their heroes instead of some of their heroes for 52 then I guess I could've been more on board with everything. I just think it's unfair that most of the heroes got to keep their history at the expense of Superman and Wally.

I'm going to hate this because after Convergence I'm going to miss pre-52/Flashpoint Superman even more. I still wished that DC rebooted all of their heroes instead of some of their heroes for 52 then I guess I could've been more on board with everything. I just think it's unfair that most of the heroes got to keep their history at the expense of Superman and Wally.

Got to agree with you 110%

Agreed

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2015/04/13/preview-monday-convergence-superman-–-man-of-steel-1

SMMOSCONV_Cv1_ds_552c22a6b07fd9.62057974.jpg

SMOSCONV_Cv1_var_552c22eb25f3c1.57068214.jpg

SMMOSCONV_1_1_552c23a7566068.73441390.jpg

SMMOSCONV_1_2-3_552c23cc5fe714.41314367.jpg

SMMOSCONV_1_4_552c2406d04ec8.63382538.jpg

SMMOSCONV_1_5_552c2438836f60.46335964.jpg

I was going to skip Matrix's book since I was always indifferent about that character. However that preview was really fun and changed my mind. That one is definitely gonna get copped. Giffen just really knows how to cater to my sensibilities as a reader.

Every time I see this, I think Kon instead of Kal.
AC-Cv411-c4e2a.jpg

For obvious reasons,
1342744-superboy.jpg

Last edited:
Love seeing silver age Superboy again he's one of my favorite characters.

So Superman rides a Harley now? I think DC is trying way too hard to get away from the "boy scout" label...

With the motorcycle and blood on his hands, it makes me think DC may be trying to turn him into Wolverine.

Last edited:
^I don't think that's blood, looks more like red cloth wrapped around his hands, possible from his cape.

Check out the spoilers in bleeding cool Lois is the one who tells the world Clark is Superman.

I think it's a compelling concept and look forward to seeing it handled by Yang and Pak. Not to insult anybody here but generally the only complaints I've seen on the net are from people who don't even buy any Superman comics every month anyway. As far as I'm concerned they could just continue not buying any Superman books.

Just people who feel they always have to react cynically everytime the status quo has been shaken up a bit as if anybody really gives a **** what they think. Those type of "gimmicks" are part of the nature of serialized storytelling in order to keep things fresh.

With Superman alone in my lifetime I've seen everything from his Death to the "Death of Clark Kent" and then Electric Red and Blue Superman happen during my childhood and early teens in terms of status quo shaking. In the end everything eventually returned to the status quo.

The same will ring true with this current approach so I don't see what the hubbub is about across the net. Except again it's mostly the typical cries of some really spoiled fanboys. I mean at least it's something new. Lord knows the main Superman book especially has been in need of that for years now.

STARRING HEROES FROM CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS! Superman teams up with Power Girl, but can they stop a nuclear strike by Lex Luthor and Stalin of Red Son Moscow?

ACCONV_Cv1_ds1.jpg

ACCONV_Cv1_ds2.jpg

ACCONV_1_1.jpg

ACCONV_1_2.jpg

ACCONV_1_3.jpg

ACCONV_1_4.jpg

ACCONV_1_5.jpg

I think it's a compelling concept and look forward to seeing it handled by Yang and Pak. Not to insult anybody here but generally the only complaints I've seen on the net are from people who don't even buy any Superman comics every month anyway. As far as I'm concerned they could just continue not buying any Superman books.

Just people who feel they always have to react cynically everytime the status quo has been shaken up a bit as if anybody really gives a **** what they think. Those type of "gimmicks" are part of the nature of serialized storytelling in order to keep things fresh.

With Superman alone in my lifetime I've seen everything from his Death to the "Death of Clark Kent" and then Electric Red and Blue Superman happen during my childhood and early teens in terms of status quo shaking. In the end everything eventually returned to the status quo.

The same will ring true with this current approach so I don't see what the hubbub is about across the net. Except again it's mostly the typical cries of some really spoiled fanboys. I mean at least it's something new. Lord knows the main Superman book especially has been in need of that for years now.

I just wish they'd stop doing things that would normally be irreversible if they actually plan on reversing it, including revealing a character's secret ID to the world. I find it even more silly than people coming back from the dead when some witch comes along and goes "abracadabra" and gives the entire universe selective amnesia.

Nobody knows if it will be reversed though. Going back to the status quo was an assumption on my part. This is the same company that had the public know that The Flash is Wally West for about 20 years. This has also been done before with Superman pre-crisis and in elseworlds. This is just the first time it's been attempted in the mainstream modern age titles. So you'd have to read the entire story to actually find out.

Didn't they do the same thing with Spider-Man during Civil War, but backpeddled the whole thing through Brand New Day when everyone just happened to forget the face under the mask. I hope nothing like that happens with Supes, I would prefer them to just stick with their guns for at least a good while before change the status quo again, and with a good storyline, not some lame facial amnesia

I hate the idea of Lois being the one that outs Clark as Superman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"