The Official Superman Thread - Part 6

The book has been canned but the creative team and DiDio have teased Supergirl will make a return.

They'll surely relaunch the title with the upcoming CBS show.

Never noticed that 'till you brought it up but yeah I'm sure they'll bring her back for the show or do the comic for the show that they already do for Flash & Arrow. I still need to finish Supergirl. I read her Vol. 1 of the New 52 and really liked it, and I have never read Supergirl before.

Never noticed that 'till you brought it up but yeah I'm sure they'll bring her back for the show or do the comic for the show that they already do for Flash & Arrow. I still need to finish Supergirl. I read her Vol. 1 of the New 52 and really liked it, and I have never read Supergirl before.
The Red Daughter of Krypton arc is quite good. Also the last arc in the series by Kate Perkins is also fun. :up:

The Red Daughter of Krypton arc is quite good. Also the last arc in the series by Kate Perkins is also fun. :up:

REALLY? Her being a Red Lantern pissed alot of people off I thought, though it always intrigued me cause I liked the Red Lanterns.

I didn't like this volume of the Supergirl series in the beginning. Thought it was a disgrace especially coming after Sterling Gates' awesome work in the tail end of the previous volume. At least up until the Red Daughter arc; that story turned it around for me personally.

I'm a bit confused. I just read Action Comics #41 and it refers to Superman #41 to find out how Supes loses his powers and costume but I'm pretty sure it hasn't come out yet?

Maybe they mean it as a way of building the mystery of why it happened as opposed to giving you a reference to see how it happened, unless there was a delay.

Well it was definitely mysterious. The whole issue was full of references to some drama involving shadow ninjas and the fortress taking his costume.

Those events happened in a digital only preview of Action Comics #41. It can be found on comicbookresources.com in the DC previews section.

I'm a bit confused. I just read Action Comics #41 and it refers to Superman #41 to find out how Supes loses his powers and costume but I'm pretty sure it hasn't come out yet?

Action Comics tells the story after his identity is out and his powers are depleted. As well as Jimmy Olsen's side of things Superman will tell the story of how that happened. Superman/Wonder Woman and Batman/Superman are also involved. The whole tapestry tells the story of how others in Clark's life will react to this. Like Steel and Lana in S/WW and Perry and Lois in Superman. Eventually Superman will catch up to Action half way through the story and the chronology will line up more conventionally.

I thought it was a great issue. To be honest it's what Grounded should've been much more like.

Action Comics tells the story after his identity is out and his powers are depleted. As well as Jimmy Olsen's side of things Superman will tell the story of how that happened. Superman/Wonder Woman and Batman/Superman are also involved. The whole tapestry tells the story of how others in Clark's life will react to this. Like Steel and Lana in S/WW and Perry and Lois in Superman. Eventually Superman will catch up to Action half way through the story and the chronology will line up more conventionally.

I thought it was a great issue. To be honest it's what Grounded should've been much more like.

One of the things about Superman is that he's such an iconic and engaging character that you (well I guess I mean "I") feel bad for him when things get tough, despite the fact that he's a fictional character.

Don't get me wrong it's good for Superman going through tough times, and it makes for interesting stories, but I hope it doesn't involve too much doom and gloom.

The other thing I think is important for Superman is .... flying. When you think of Superman you think of strength and indestructibility but you always think of flying.

I guess we know how these things go, Supes' powers go down, and then will eventually come back up (hell, we've seen this before, not that long ago with Morrison's Action # 1 and with the aftermath of Infinite Crisis).
Still, I look forward to seeing him be able to fly again.

I like how he's like "ok I'm depowered, and I wanna keep a low profile, but since people recognize me, I'm gonna go with it and still be optimistic and all". I also like how Jimmy is still his best pal ans biggest supporter. Kentville was a nice idea.

It's a reminiscent of Morrison's run on action comics, where you could also see how he was helphing his neighborhood and was a man of the people, even as clark.

One of the things about Superman is that he's such an iconic and engaging character that you (well I guess I mean "I") feel bad for him when things get tough, despite the fact that he's a fictional character.

Don't get me wrong it's good for Superman going through tough times, and it makes for interesting stories, but I hope it doesn't involve too much doom and gloom.

The other thing I think is important for Superman is .... flying. When you think of Superman you think of strength and indestructibility but you always think of flying.

I guess we know how these things go, Supes' powers go down, and then will eventually come back up (hell, we've seen this before, not that long ago with Morrison's Action # 1 and with the aftermath of Infinite Crisis).
Still, I look forward to seeing him be able to fly again.

There was nothing "doom and gloom" about it though.

He was genuinely enjoying actually knowing what being hungry and tired actually is for once. It's giving him a greater appreciation for the human condition while he still maintains being Superman. I don't think about the flying. To me Superman always begins being able to leap tall buildings in a single bound. As long as he still has that leap (which he does) you got my attention.

Yes we've seen a married Clark Kent without powers. This is not that.

He was also at a greater power level than he is in this story during Action #1.

Yes we saw Superman try to reconnect with people while cruising around the states before. This one issue is already doing it much better than JMS though.

There was nothing "doom and gloom" about it though.

Haven't read it yet, so I will take your word for it.

If Supes can stay optimistic, rather than just stoic, that's going to make the story a lot better.

One thing I hope they do is have him come up with clever and interesting ways of overcoming his enemies (whereas before he could rely on his powers) rather than just get his ass kicked a lot (which will probably happen too). But it would be neat to see him use his brains, and fighting skills a bit - something he did in the New Krypton series, but otherwise is pretty inconsistent.

Still, I remember Superman from the George Reeves TV series, and the whistling noise they used for when he flew - which they also did in MOS. Look forward to seeing Superman fly again - I suppose it will be quite dramatic when it happens.

Action Comics and Superman/Batman #41 were both really solid. Superman needed a breath of fresh air and I'm glad he got it.

I loved Action Comics 41. I'm really looking forward to this story.

From today's JLA #1:

Rao is back. :wow:

Superman/wonder woman was interesting too.

Damn it, I'm going to have to pick up JL #41, JLA #1 and AC #1. The DC You seems way more interesting than The New 52 ever did.

Damn it, I'm going to have to pick up JL #41, JLA #1 and AC #1. The DC You seems way more interesting than The New 52 ever did.
You mean AC #41? :cwink: It was a lot of fun! I love Superbro! :woot:

lS5gm2q.png

bZqabjS.png

Today's Superman #41 was pretty good.

[BLACKOUT]Ninja Superman! :woot:[/BLACKOUT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"