The Official Superman Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I'll stick with Superman even if h'ell on earth was mediocre.

I am really excited for what is to come for Superman. I am really optimistic about the future of "Superman" with Lobdell and Rocafort on it. I know I am probably in the minority but I can wait for Morrison to be done with Action so only one issue to go before the new creative team starts. Superman Unchained should be incredible with Snyder and Lee. The only one I really have my doubts about is the Superman/Batman book. How in the world will Justice League #1/#2 make sense if they supposedly already encountered previous to that? I guess we shall see.

The one thing I REALLY want to see but I don't think it is going to happen is putting Superman into a new suit. Seriously. the one shown in Superman #0 was WAYYYY better and I hope somehow they shift to that, but Red and Blue of course.

The one I'm most confident about is Batman/Superman. Retcons aside, I'm confident Pak will put together a great book and I'm sure the art will be stunning. When Superman Unchained comes out I'm not sure if I'll stick to Action Comics or just drop it and start reading Unchained as my Superman solo title.

I'm so obsessed with Superman that I'll read everything. H'el on Earth was such a joy for me because it was like Superman had a title out every week between Superman, Supergirl, Superboy, Action, and Justice League

Batman/Superman should be fun. It'll essentially replace both Action Comics and Batman for me when Morrison leaves the former.

I hate the Lee costume. Hates it. Please, team DC, adopt the movie costume. Please.

The stories have been pretty much mediocre and, at times, incoherent. Please, get the writers to slow down and think things through before committing your stories to paper.

I really wish there was more discussion in this thread. I always come check it and nothing. CBR posted an interview with the 4 current Superman writers Andy Diggle (Action Comics), Scott Lobdell (Superman), Greg Pak (Batman/Superman) and Scott Snyder (Superman Unchained) and It just makes me more excited and optimistic.

I definitely agree though with the guy above about Lee's re-imagining of the costume. The thing I dislike the most about the New 52 is Superman's Costume. The New 52 has its flaws but overall I am happy with what they did. It's just that dang Suit, and the more I think about it the more I realize it bugs me. I don't mind that they ditched the undies, I knew that it was sort of inevitable. I'd say the collar bugs me more than anything else but there are plenty of other things i can complain about. I just wish it would be fixed. What upsets me the most is knowing that it will most likely never change. this is what we will be stuck with for a long time. I just cant think of why or how they would explain changing the suit at this point. But i pray everyday that they figure out a way

They had a great oportunity during the H'el story, when Superboy needed it to survive. I was thinking, "This is it! He can finally get rid of that damn costume!" But lo and behold, Jim Lee likes things done his way.

What's funny is that is apparent that some artists don't like it, either. The guy who's doing Superman/Batman, for instance. In that piece of promo art it's pretty obvious that he doesn't like the new suit, as he gives it the same fold lines (particularly in the trunks area) of the classic suit.

They had a great oportunity during the H'el story, when Superboy needed it to survive. I was thinking, "This is it! He can finally get rid of that damn costume!" But lo and behold, Jim Lee likes things done his way.

What's funny is that is apparent that some artists don't like it, either. The guy who's doing Superman/Batman, for instance. In that piece of promo art it's pretty obvious that he doesn't like the new suit, as he gives it the same fold lines (particularly in the trunks area) of the classic suit.

I was thinking the same thing during H'el on Earth, Desperately hoping that it would happen.

I know that Brett Booth, Artist that drew Teen Titans and now Nightwing, he does a sketch every Saturday and he drew Superman in his 0 issue suit and said how he hopes it is the new permanent suit... "In a cool new outfit from Superman 0. Not sure what the deal is with it, permanent? Hopefully!"

The whole body armor fad comes off as a bad attempt to make everything "grounded" like Nolan's Batman. It works for Batman 'cause he has no superpowers. That makes him an exception, not some golden standard.

Action #19 looks good. I still have no clue how Morrison's going to wrap up all this in one issue.

i think that the whole idea of his suit kind of materializing on command is a little far fetched but i could live with it. Its appearance is the only thing thats truly bothers me

I actually like the collar and the lack of trunks, but i don't like all of the lines in the costume/armor. It seems some artists (like Tony Daniel) are ignoring all of the lines and making the suit look more like a costume, and less like armor. I definitely prefer Tony Daniel's rendition of the costume over Jim Lee's.

I'm over the costume. I'm just not especially interested in the New 52 incarnation of Superman. Morrison's been the only person who can handle his brashness with any sort of subtlety; Johns seemed to just write him as an arrogant jerk in Justice League. Has he been better in the other Superman comics? I haven't read any of those. Hopefully Pak can balance him out a bit in Batman/Superman.

Tony Daniel's work is amazing, there are definitely panels though that make his suit REALLY look like armor. I am excited to see their return to krypton story arc. (I am pretty sure that is what they are doing) It will be cool as well to see Tony drawing Superman in that awesome suit shown in Superman #0. If only they would make that the official suit but red and blue.

Its refreshing sometimes to see Superman written in a different way. I would say its almost comical when he is really confident and arrogant. He is powerful and he knows it. Like when he fights Red Hood and the Outlaws and he is pretty much like... Come on guys, seriously. I'm Superman. You don't have a chance, stopping wasting my time. haha. However I do agree that when he comes in charging in Justice League, that is pretty out of character. Attack first ask questions later doesn't seem like Superman. But everyone knows that whenever 2 superheroes meet, they HAVE to fight. its the rules.

i think that the whole idea of his suit kind of materializing on command is a little far fetched but i could live with it. Its appearance is the only thing thats truly bothers me

I still don't get why Superman needs an armoured suit at all.

However, I do love how it materialises. It reeks of nano-tech, and it stands to reason that as humans are already on the fringes of developing nano-technology, and Kryptonians are meant to be significantly more advanced than us, then they would have mastered it and incorporated it into various parts of their life.

I hope they take the same approach in the MOS movie - it's certainly more believable and scientifically plausible to me than Clark having the cape and boots somehow tucked under his clothing without ever being noticed.

tony daniel is now writing action

[YT]8Y2YerZEY7o[/YT]

So when is the romance going to end with Supes and Wonder Woman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"