The Official Superman Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flip flopping around in the breeze.

What is the better of the two books again? I heard Action Comics but I've read Superman #1 and I liked it. Haven't read the rest though

Action by far.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Morrison has planned next now that the first arc is finished

Preview for Action Comics #9.

If he doesn't stop the Birthers from finding out his true origin then he's secret identity is revealed and the world is doom!

I wonder if this is set up for Multerversity. Like how Seven Soldiers and Batman planted the seeds for Final Crisis.

According to Bleeding Cool, Scott Lobdell is taking over Superman in Superman #0.

I think I just threw up on my mouth a little.

Damn, I was hoping Giffen would stay on for a while.

I've come to the conclusion that Lobdell is clearly doing some kind of sexual favors to someone that is high up within DC. That's the only explanation I can come up with on why he's getting so much work when all of it is pure crap to begin with.

Meanwhile Brian Wood, Mark Waid, and Greg Rucka all two-step far far away fromDC's overview.

It's enough to make you want to punch a kitten. :down

After reading this issue of Action Comics part of me wishes that Earth 23 Superman was the main Superman for this new 52 with some minor work done with his job (meaning him not being president) and his Secret Identity name. However speaking as an African-American it was nice to see a diverse Superman and would have love it if when DC decided to do this reboot you saw more of that through out the books kind of like what was suppose to happen after COIE.

Meanwhile Brian Wood, Mark Waid, and Greg Rucka all two-step far far away fromDC's overview.

It's enough to make you want to punch a kitten. :down

Oh, how I would love a the younger, brash Superman by Brian Wood. The would seem like something that could be fresh and creative. Something that the reboot should have taken care of instead of giving us 90's X-Men writers.

action comics was 10/10

loved the meta stuff on 'modernizing' superman and the siegel/shuster suit

then I read that lobdell was joining superman and my day was ruined

It might be too obvious if you know much about Morrison and Superman's history, but "The Curse of Superman" was an instant favorite for me.

I still don't understand why DC hasn't put Fisch on Superman. The man's a genius in his own right, and he's already working on Action.

action comics was 10/10

loved the meta stuff on 'modernizing' superman and the siegel/shuster suit

then I read that lobdell was joining superman and my day was ruined

What?! But Lobdell is doing such awesome work right now. How can you not want the pen of Superboy to try his hand at Superman?

If I don't laugh I'll cry.

Oh, how I would love a the younger, brash Superman by Brian Wood. The would seem like something that could be fresh and creative. Something that the reboot should have taken care of instead of giving us 90's X-Men writers.
While, ironically, Wood goes off and becomes an X-Men writer. :o

And the best damn writer of Conan the Barabarian ever.

Action Comics was good this week, nice to see Morrison doing some more of these multiverse stories :up:

Wait Superman is getting a new writer again

Is there a rule that series can't have the same writer for more than six issues :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"