The Official Superman Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sad thing is, neither book's premise seems at all interesting to me.

Brian's not getting my bucks this time. :o

eh, this issue of Action didn't do it for me. I've never been a fan of alternate universe stories. If they wanted a way to introduce a new multiverse, they could've done it with our Superman instead of an alternate version I don't care about.

Issue of Action with President Superman? Kinda heavy handed,... but I liked it.

I liked it. My only complaint was how perfect Morrison made the guy. He was a perfect President and a perfect Superman. But then Morrison actually addressed that in the... backup? I don't know if it was a backup, given that it featured the same characters as the main story but kinda had its own plot. But anyway, he has Wonder Black Chick talk to Superman about how he's violating the laws he's sworn to uphold every day by carrying on his dual life while holding the office of President. Intriguing point, although Morrison kind of doesn't go anywhere with it.

That was Sholly Fisch on the second story. Their collaboration makes Action a great one-two combo. If I want the metanarrative, there's Morrison, and if I want good character development, I have Fisch. I wish DC would take this approach to the other big titles, like Green Lantern and Batman. It beats the "main book" and "side book" approach, where I have to buy two comics for a complete story.

eh, this issue of Action didn't do it for me. I've never been a fan of alternate universe stories. If they wanted a way to introduce a new multiverse, they could've done it with our Superman instead of an alternate version I don't care about.

Pretty obvious with this being an election year that Action #9 was a subliminal get out the vote for Obama. The cover even looks like one of Obama's 08 posters....

http://www.loganotron.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/super-obama.jpg

This was cheap and blatant. Trying to get the young voters. Come DC, cut it out.....

Not a good story....but it did get interesting at the end concerning his convo with Nubia and the ethical reality of his double life.

Last edited:
I mentioned an Obama connection when the first solicit came out, and got lambasted for thinking there was a connection. After reading the issue, there are easily political interpretations.

The story itself wasn't bad, I actually enjoyed it. But nothing can change how I feel about multiverse, alternate universe, or else world stories. They ultimately feel like a waste of time to me.

I mentioned an Obama connection when the first solicit came out, and got lambasted for thinking there was a connection. After reading the issue, there are easily political interpretations.

The story itself wasn't bad, I actually enjoyed it. But nothing can change how I feel about multiverse, alternate universe, or else world stories. They ultimately feel like a waste of time to me.

How could anyone lambast you, when it's so obvious?? LOL!! This guy coulda been anything. But he was President??? And at least try to play it off by making him bald or something!! :woot: But they didn't even do that!

So any black man portrayed as the President, ever, must be related to Obama. Got it. :up:

Musta did some time travel back when Morgan Freeman was president.

I mean, I can see the obvious overtones--black guy, positive message, President of the USA. Sure, there's a bit of a parallel there. But I don't see how this is somehow shameless political vote-mongering for Obama. Literally the only connection in that respect is the fact that they're both black and they're both President.

If the rest of the JL are black in Earth 23, why is Batman still white?

I loved Action #9, feel they left it open though does that mean we'll see him again soon?

Hopefully, a soon to be released Multiversity.

Brian Wood writing two X-Men books. Strange. I don't think I could buy more than one X-Men book. I would feel dirty.

The X-men books are pretty neat right now Watchman. Honest :up:

Though A vs X is garbage. Apart from the Avengers Academy tie in because Avengers Academy is always :awesome:

Yeah, it's rough so far. The Avengers have been coming off like fascists and the X-Men have been coming off like religious fundamentalists.

Yep everyone in this event has basically decided to be a moron or a total dbag. Neither side is likable really and right now this looks like its going to be even worse than that Civil War garbage :csad:

I did enjoy seeing Captain America beat Wolverine up and throw him off a plane though

But he should have had Thor melt him :o

The X-men books are pretty neat right now Watchman. Honest :up:

Though A vs X is garbage. Apart from the Avengers Academy tie in because Avengers Academy is always :awesome:
The WatXM tie in issue was pretty awesome too. :o

It was pretty good but ironically Wolverine is my least favouritest character in Wolverine and the X-men so as it focused on him I didn't enjoy it as much as previous issues

The scene with Beast was neat though I :hrt: Beast

He's a cuddly ball of :awesome: and science

So any black man portrayed as the President, ever, must be related to Obama. Got it. :up:

At this place in time??? In an election year????Yes.....

Any other thought is just being intellectually dishonest and you know it. He even looks like Barack.......LOL!

Look.....whatever floats their boat. I don't care. But this pandering is just obvious. Stevie Wonder can see the message. "Obama is our savior and superhero......."

Last edited:
Isn't it the same dude that showed up in Final Crisis though?

I mean, I can see the obvious overtones--black guy, positive message, President of the USA. Sure, there's a bit of a parallel there. But I don't see how this is somehow shameless political vote-mongering for Obama. Literally the only connection in that respect is the fact that they're both black and they're both President.

"A bit??" LOL..... Thousands of occupations that he could have had....Engineer, sanitation, doctor, reporter, geologist, OBGYN, mayor, .............naaah,,,,,,,,,,,,,"President!! " Yeah that's it.

ok......LOL

It's re-election time and we all know the media is decided liberal......it just is. That includes comics writers.....if a comic book reader was cryogenically frozen in 1972 and woke up today, he eyes would pop outta his head on the themes running rampant in comics today. And most told from a liberal slant....

• The New Question is a lesbian
  • Batman drawn having sex with Catwoman (on page) :wow:
  • Batwoman is a lesbian
  • Blood splatter on every punch
  • The nudity and language
Just look at the new portrayal of Joan Garrick in that Earth-2 book! My head was spinning. Geeeez.......

I could go on. But my point is this, folks that support those things are more times than not , Democrats. And they want their guy back in office. They know the young vote is key. Young people by comics. It's a get out the vote for Obama. But so what.....at least be honest about it, DC!

As Nubs pointed out, President Superman showed up in Final Crisis...so uh yeah that's a hole in your theory..

Yeah, but he'll keep going anyway.

As Nubs pointed out, President Superman showed up in Final Crisis...so uh yeah that's a hole in your theory..

So what......So they bring him back for such a time as this....

No holes here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"