The Punisher The Punisher - General Discussion Thread

Perfect Cell

I wish you weren't so f***in' awkward, bud
Reaction score
RS_Punisher_Series_Coming_RAB_02a.png

Discuss.

The only casting announced so far, aside from Bernthal, is British actor Ben Barnes. Michael Ausiello has said that the rumour is that Barnes will play the villain, Bobby Saint. Now, the Saints were in the Tom Jane Punisher film as antagonists, but it's my understanding that they were created for that film as original characters. Seems a bit odd to re-use them for this, no?

Oh yeah, this section is finally here. Thanks SuperHeroHype.
I love that movie, so I have no problem with a homage to it.

"One Batch, Two Batch, Penny and Dime"

tumblr_o4d13bAFSb1uzua4xo9_250.gif

Now that a majority of his back stories been unravelled in season 2 of Daredevil i believe that it's high time this upcoming series goes all gung-ho with bullets and guns, with tons of action packed goodness.

Glad this has a board now. Can't wait for his show

I feel the same way Jokes, def glad they don't need to do the whole origin story thing with him since that was done in DD season 2. This series just needs to be balls to the wall Punisher and brutal justice. I know they started filming so I'm assuming this is going to come out before the Defenders mini and I wonder if Frank is going to have some kind of role in that or will he be going into his own adventures in the MCU away from the whole NYC thing the 4 Defenders have going on.

Yes, finally a Punisher forum

He might have an incidental role with the defenders.

While I enjoyed Luke Cage, it mostly just made me salivate at the thought of a Punisher series... I want to see a character that does not hold back.

Jeph Loeb said on Mike Colter's Facebook Live q&a that he's on the set of the Punisher.

Thanks to the mods for this. :up:

Best of luck to the cast and crew.

:pun:

Last edited:
Nice to have a forum for the show. Interesting to see karen.

Finally!
A punisher forum.
:unishr::pun::unishr:
Karen Page confirmed!

7X82VhEW1mY.jpg

More photos HERE.
Huh
I was almost certain that the long hair and beard was going to be in a flashback to before he became The Punisher.
Karen being there kind destroys that theory though I guess. :funny:
I like it, but I hope he doesn't look like that for the entire season.

What are the chances that we'll hear something new at NYCC?

I'd imagine we'll definitely hear something, no idea what though. Even if it's just Bernthal confirming they're filming or something lol

Nice, the Punisher forum! Anyone know when the series will be released? I know there isn't a confirmed date, but how long did it take Daredevil or Luke Cage, from when people saw the first set photos to their respective release dates?

Nice, the Punisher forum! Anyone know when the series will be released? I know there isn't a confirmed date, but how long did it take Daredevil or Luke Cage, from when people saw the first set photos to their respective release dates?

Not sure. Iron Fist started filming in April and will come out in March of next year though. So probably about a year.

Finally a Punisher subforum.

Now we just need to wait for Legion, Powerless and Cloak and Dagger to get one. :woot:

Bearded Frank from Greg Rucka's run was awesome, so I'm glad to see it here (I'm assuming that it's a reference to that as well).

Frank and Karen's dynamic was really interesting in DD, so I'm glad to see her pop up here as well.

Welcome back Frank!

You can tell these Netflix Marvel shows are gritty because all the male heroes have unkempt facial hair at some point :funny:

I wonder if Claire Temple will pop up again?

D.A assistant Blake Tower may make an appearance again I suppose.

Another Kingpin guest appearance would be great.

More street thugs using Hammer guns.

Last edited:
Micro & Dinah Madani cast:

EW said:
Marvel’s Daredevil spin-off The Punisher has filled two key roles for its cast, EW has learned exclusively.

First, Ebon Moss-Bachrach (who played Marnie’s hapless love interest, the musician Desi, on HBO’s Girls) will star as Micro – a former NSA analyst “whose secrets may be of great value to Frank Castle (Jon Bernthal) and everyone around them.” In the comics, Micro (or Microchip) built weapons and tech for Castle, though in later issues evolved into a villain.

Also, Amber Rose Revah (Son of God) joins the cast as Dinah Madani, a “highly-trained sophisticated Homeland Security agent who is vexed by the Punisher.”

Frank Castle a.k.a. The Punisher was introduced in Daredevil season 2 earlier this year and became a breakout character. Netflix has since been ordered as a spin-off series with Steve Lightfoot (Hannibal) serving as showrunner and Jim Chory and Jeph Loeb (Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage) as executive producers.

Marvel’s The Punisher marks the sixth series ordered (so far) as part of the collaboration between Netflix and Marvel Television.

Entertainment Weekly

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"