The Punisher The Punisher: FULL SEASON TWO Discussion Thread (BEWARE, SPOILERS GALORE!)

Also...by far the most hilarious WTF moment in all of the netflix shows.

tumblr_inline_pn1wxkxyz71r98lni_1280.gif

I gave up on season 2 after the 2nd episode so I've never seen this. That is hysterical in how awkward it is! :funny:

Well I realise nobody will probably read this lol but finally finished Punisher season 2. Really enjoyed it overall Jon was great as Castle again throughout the season and Whigam was a great view of the Punisher's world from more of a normal persons perspective. Does anybody know why she didn't curse lol?

Few things I really liked
  1. How Billy Died. This may be divisive but I liked that Billy's tendency to use everyone finally got up with him no more so when he was left to bleed out in the dumpster.
  2. The Initial Romance Between Frank & Beth. Really enjoyed it felt organic and believable wished Frank had ended up back there but makes sense he wouldn't want to bring trouble her way again.
  3. Frank's Breaking Point. Really cool how they carried out that scene and making frank believe he'd killed those women.

Just one or two minor issues where I wish things went a little different
  1. Billy & The Shrink. This felt like it took up way too much time overall and of Billy's story. Also it meant that Billy never felt like he had much real direction this season other than his relationship with her.
  2. Punisher Letting Preacher Go. Listen I get it they drew parallels between Frank and him with the talk of their kids but this is still the same guy who slaughtered a room full of teenagers right?

I love the Punisher, loved season 1, but I thought season 2 in retrospect was padded out way too much with poo-poo family stuff and after thinking we'd get something like "The Slavers". nope. The teenager plotline by ep. 6 had me fast forwarding over her scenes. I hope on the next translation of the Punisher, when Disney goes hard, it actually gets darker tahn what Netflix produced.

Also, have to strongly agree, the Preacher guy murdered dozens of innocent people. Frank wouldn't let that psycho walk away.

Season 2 just dragged on with a senseless story line. A neo nazi, alt right, Christian (talk about a contradiction) working for conservative Christian's that run a hit squad (another contradiction)

Um, you're kidding, I hope. Otherwise, Wow...

Resurrecting this thread as I’ve only recently binge watched both seasons of the Punisher.

I’m prob one of the few who actually enjoyed season 2 overall. It definitely hit some missteps - the psychiatrist and Russo being a big one, along with them holding back too much on Jigsaw’s aesthetic - but in the whole I thought it was enjoyable. Bernthal was great, and his physicality in the action stuff really helps carry the show - the gym fight was brutal.

I thought the Pilgrim was a very interesting villain; not just another in a long line of tough ex military guys or gang boss or whatever. A guy with a shady background but now living a (admittedly warped) religious life. The actor who plays him looks like he’s permanently about to fall asleep . . I knew I recognised him from somewhere, he played one of Bane’s crew in TDKR.

Resurrecting this thread as I’ve only recently binge watched both seasons of the Punisher.

I’m prob one of the few who actually enjoyed season 2 overall. It definitely hit some missteps - the psychiatrist and Russo being a big one, along with them holding back too much on Jigsaw’s aesthetic - but in the whole I thought it was enjoyable. Bernthal was great, and his physicality in the action stuff really helps carry the show - the gym fight was brutal.

I thought the Pilgrim was a very interesting villain; not just another in a long line of tough ex military guys or gang boss or whatever. A guy with a shady background but now living a (admittedly warped) religious life. The actor who plays him looks like he’s permanently about to fall asleep . . I knew I recognised him from somewhere, he played one of Bane’s crew in TDKR.
I remember Josh Stewart from the last season of Third Watch playing Davis' partner Finney. Although its been about 10 years since that got pulled from syndication

Finally catching up on some of the Netflix-verse shows and just finished this season of The Punisher. All in all, I really enjoyed it. Jon Bernthal was truly a phenomenal choice to play Frank Castle and I'll be so sad if this is the last we ever see of him in this role. Ben Barnes was just terrific this season as well, I rolled my eyes when I found out they were doing an amnesia plotline but he really made me care and got me to buy into it with his performance. That scene with him talking to the psychiatrist after he finally finds out it's Frank who's been haunting him was just amazing. I still love Madani and I thought Amy was a great addition to the cast.

I did have some issues, my biggest one being how disconnected the two plotlines felt. I really feel like the Jigsaw and the Pilgrim plots should have either A.) been more connected or B.) had the season basically split in half with two half-season arcs. By the time we got to Jigsaw's end which basically wrapped up a two-season arc, going after the Schulz's felt like a complete afterthought when it should have been a big moment. Mostly because of how much they jumped back and forth. And I can't believe they pulled the same thing two seasons in a row of intentionally not using the skull vest until deep into the season, no matter how good that reveal was.

Really going to miss this show but if it had to go, that ending shot felt like the perfect way to go out.

The Punisher on Netflix is mostly a series of promising ending shots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"