Jessica Jones Jessica Jones FULL SEASON TWO Discussion Thread (BEWARE, SPOILERS GALORE!)

Season 1 of Iron Fist was better overall than this.

Them Fightin' Words.

Iron Fist was quite comical in a lackluster way. Maybe campy. But fun to watch

Whereas this was just a sloppy melodramatic to the infinite power depressing.

And The Defenders was so underwhelming and low budget.

Luke Cage season 2 and DDS3 better hit it BIG or Marvel will have a revolt

Them Fightin' Words.

Iron Fist was quite comical in a lackluster way. Maybe campy. But fun to watch

Whereas this was just a sloppy melodramatic to the infinite power depressing.

And The Defenders was so underwhelming and low budget.

Luke Cage season 2 and DDS3 better hit it BIG or Marvel will have a revolt
I mean Kev, I don't think I really disagree with any of what you just said. No reason for us to fight ;)

Also don't forget Punisher Season 2.

As crazy as it sounds, due to how this season ended up, I wouldn't even be upset if season 3 didn't happen.

I mean Kev, I don't think I really disagree with any of what you just said. No reason for us to fight ;)

Also don't forget Punisher Season 2.

As crazy as it sounds, due to how this season ended up, I wouldn't even be upset if season 3 didn't happen.

Oh I was just being a little silly :sly:

I really don't get what went wrong here. The first was a SMASH hit. And yet they seemed to just demolish that. I read the RT rating was 83% which seems quite bizarre. I'd figure 73% at best. This season has really had a way of alienating you from caring about Jessica and the rest.

Trish almost stopped me watching this season. You know when you just hate someone? She annoyed the hell out of me. I think she was supposed to but it went too far to the point that I wanted Mum Jones to crush her skull.

I just finished season 2 last night. I thought overall it was fine. Going into season 3, I really won’t care about Trish or Malcolm. I didn’t like how they ended up by the end of the season. It will be interesting to see where Jessica goes from here though. Hopefully she will take on a more proactive role in the superhero thing next season.

Trish almost stopped me watching this season. You know when you just hate someone? She annoyed the hell out of me. I think she was supposed to but it went too far to the point that I wanted Mum Jones to crush her skull.

They really pushed her to the brink. I can't imagine many want to see her become Hellcat now.

They're really gonna have to deliver with the writing for next season.

I just finished season 2 last night. I thought overall it was fine. Going into season 3, I really won’t care about Trish or Malcolm. I didn’t like how they ended up by the end of the season. It will be interesting to see where Jessica goes from here though. Hopefully she will take on a more proactive role in the superhero thing next season.
Based off how this season ended, to somehow salvage things, Trish has to become the next central villain.

Hellcat has to be the main villain of season 3 now.

Based off how this season ended, to somehow salvage things, Trish has to become the next central villain.

I don't remember her ever being a villain in the comics.

I don't remember her ever being a villain in the comics.

I don't ever remember Whizzer being this dude in the comics either ;)

jessica-jones-season-2-whizzer.jpg

Now that would be interesting...

Of all the things to write a think piece about...

There was a lot of analysis of the legal aspects of Daredevil Season Two as well. I tend to appreciate these kinds of discussion.

In fairness to the show, Foggy appeared to pretty much say exactly the same thing. It certainly didn't seem like the firm was clearly in the right. I do wonder if the fact that it's a "medical disclosure clause" makes a difference. She wasn't fired for having ALS, she was fired for failing to voluntarily disclose that she had ALS.

There was a lot of analysis of the legal aspects of Daredevil Season Two as well. I tend to appreciate these kinds of discussion.

In fairness to the show, Foggy appeared to pretty much say exactly the same thing. It certainly didn't seem like the firm was clearly in the right. I do wonder if the fact that it's a "medical disclosure clause" makes a difference. She wasn't fired for having ALS, she was fired for failing to voluntarily disclose that she had ALS.

In the MCU, it might be legal to have such a contract clause at a law firm.

I don't think she has to be the main villain, but certainly a villain.

I don't think she has to be the main villain, but certainly a villain.

I can appreciate season 2 more if it turned out to be a protracted origin story for Hellcat the super villain.

I really loved this season and Trish's story.

Then again, I liked Iron Fist too *shrug*

I really loved this season and Trish's story.

Then again, I liked Iron Fist too *shrug*
Hey I like Iron Fist too and thought critics were definitely too hard on it. Flawed and Scott Buck made a lot of mistakes. He was the wrong guy for the material. But I still enjoyed it overall.

Just finished. I'd have to agree with some people here that nobody really came out of this very likable, especially Trish, who got what she wanted at the price of friendship. :(

I don't like how she managed to get her powers. I fully expected Dr. Malus to tranq her, once she went on that table, and then to run for the hills. But no, he basically does it willingly, because she wants powers. Maybe we really needed that super powered showdown. Jessica's mom loses it completely, and because she doesn't stand a chance alone, Trish convinces Dr. Malus to give her powers as well. And then you could have had Trish still kill her, because Alisa was about to kill Jessica.

I actually quite liked Trishs story.

We've seen many different types of heroes, and it's clear Jessica doesn't really want to be one.

Trish's desire to be a hero, though, comes from a massive sense of entitlement and self-righteousness. She says it's because she doesn't want to see others hurt but she's been doing martial arts etc since season1 so it's a lot more than that.

She's acting like it's her right to be a super-hero, as if life was being unfair to her by not giving her powers. You can tell from some of her conversations with Jessica that she thinks it should have been herself that got powers.

I don't want her to be a villain, as I think she's a lot more interesting as a hero like this (plust the friend descent to villain trope's been done enough).

Hey I like Iron Fist too and thought critics were definitely too hard on it. Flawed and Scott Buck made a lot of mistakes. He was the wrong guy for the material. But I still enjoyed it overall.

I quite liked it too. The thing is with Iron Fist, from what I can see, is that he's MEANT to be insufferable and bratty and not particularly great at martial arts. The dragon chose him just to take the fight to New York. Those qualities are hard to have in the leading man of a show though.

I feel like the showrunners are trying really hard to destroy this show after this season. Trish outright murdered Jessica's mom. How the hell does that relationship ever get fixed?

Because Jess knows that sooner or later her mum would have killed somebody else again. Hell, if the Police had got to them before Trish then she probably would have run through a few more officers before being taken down. Trish catching her unaware was basically the only way more wouldn't get killed. (Though I did apreciate how that followed earlier comments in the season about how the two loved it on the wheel as they felt untouchable there)

On topic of Jess mum, I actually think she was really badly cast. She just didn't seem to have any kind of charisma or personality about her. It could have been anyone acting the role. Even when she was meant to be uncontrollably angry she rarely seemed it.

Last edited:
I quite liked it too. The thing is with Iron Fist, from what I can see, is that he's MEANT to be insufferable and bratty and not particularly great at martial arts. The dragon chose him just to take the fight to New York. Those qualities are hard to have in the leading man of a show though.

Do you mean the show or the comics? I'm not sure either is in the case at all. His personal reason for going to New York was not that. It was something different.

Do you mean the show or the comics? I'm not sure either is in the case at all. His personal reason for going to New York was not that. It was something different.

Well, it is an all powerful dragon and normally seems a lot more reliable in who it chooses.

I don't think that it was the Dragon that sent Danny there directly. I think when he fought it, it sensed his weakness and need to go back home and so bestowed him with the power of the Iron Fist. It knew he'd take the fight straight to the Hand there, rather than the power just being used to guard the entrance to their world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"