Jessica Jones Jessica Jones FULL SEASON THREE Discussion Thread (BEWARE, SPOILERS GALORE!)

I know these things. I want the show to hold Jessica responsible the same way it does Trish. Jessica has to have Trish turned over. But she shouldn't be? Why should Trish go away, but Jessica shouldn't? They've both committed crimes. Jessica, as far as I've read, was gonna help her mom. Jessica killed that prison guard and covered it up. Am I supposed to see Jessica as right? Or see the show's treatment of this story as right?

The event with the prison guard I will agree is the most morally questionable thing Jessica did, but it wasn't a premeditated event. It was more or less an accident that yes, she covers up. Trish killed people and did it with premeditation. That's a huge difference.

Didn't Killgrave have to talk to control people? If so, then Jessica didn't have to kill him and could've ripped his tongue out?

I don't recall anyone ever saying he had to talk to control anyone. But this is a point where I would say I would have to watch the first season again. Either way, what Jessica did was still in protection of herself and others. In a case of self defense or preventing a rape or something, lethal force is often okay. Though I think that depends on state laws and such. Also, once again, she didn't kill him in an act of premeditated murder.

Isn't there a character bias in the idea that Jessica's actions aren't being held responsible, by the show itself?

No, you're trying to argue that premeditated murder and protection with lethal force or involuntary manslaughter. They're not. Jessica never strives to kill anyone. It was never her goal. She killed a guy when she had no other choice in protection of others and the more stupid thing she did wasn't something she planned on happening. Trish killed the criminals in acts of premeditated murder. Events where the goal was murder. Not in service of the greater good, or fur dungeons she loved, etc. For her own sense of thrill and self satisfaction. To love out a fantasy like a junky.

The two are not equal. That said, this will be my last reply on this topic. If your disagree, then hey you do you man. But I don't see anyway you're argument holds water. Trish got what she deserved. Period.

The event with the prison guard I will agree is the most morally questionable thing Jessica did, but it wasn't a premeditated event. It was more or less an accident that yes, she covers up. Trish killed people and did it with premeditation. That's a huge difference.

I don't recall anyone ever saying he had to talk to control anyone. But this is a point where I would say I would have to watch the first season again. Either way, what Jessica did was still in protection of herself and others. In a case of self defense or preventing a rape or something, lethal force is often okay. Though I think that depends on state laws and such. Also, once again, she didn't kill him in an act of premeditated murder.

No, you're trying to argue that premeditated murder and protection with lethal force or involuntary manslaughter. They're not. Jessica never strives to kill anyone. It was never her goal. She killed a guy when she had no other choice in protection of others and the more stupid thing she did wasn't something she planned on happening. Trish killed the criminals in acts of premeditated murder. Events where the goal was murder. Not in service of the greater good, or fur dungeons she loved, etc. For her own sense of thrill and self satisfaction. To love out a fantasy like a junky.

The two are not equal. That said, this will be my last reply on this topic. If your disagree, then hey you do you man. But I don't see anyway you're argument holds water. Trish got what she deserved. Period.
I'm saying they both broke the law. If Trish is held to that, why not Jessica?

I don't think her killing Killgrave was in the heat of the moment. She grabbed him by the throat, held him there, said smile and broke his neck. I think that was a plan, based on that. And with her how she did it and what she said and how I think his powers worked, I don't think she had to do it that way and don't think that there was no anger that fueled her doing it.

Again, refer to prior post. It addresses all your points in your above post. I am not just going to keep typing basically the same thing. But in short, I feel like we watched completely different shows and I disagree with your logic on a fundamental level.

Now the question is are any of the rumors true about her appearing in She-Hulk or Captain Marvel 2. I hope at least one. She-Hulk would make more sense imo, but she’s friends with Carol Danvers in the comics so who knows.

Oh, please please please make it happen! Kristen Ritter (much like Charlie Cox) is too good in the role to pass up! This show was one of my favourites things in the whole MCU.
I really hope they bring the Netflix characters back. And not a soft reboot or anything. I feel like their stories were self contained enough, they don’t really need to retcon anything. Keep the same actors. Keep their stories in tact.
Iron Fist can stay left out, but I wouldn’t be opposed to him coming back either. Same with Luke Cage.

But Matt and Jessica 100% need to come back.

Oh, please please please make it happen! Kristen Ritter (much like Charlie Cox) is too good in the role to pass up! This show was one of my favourites things in the whole MCU.
I really hope they bring the Netflix characters back. And not a soft reboot or anything. I feel like their stories were self contained enough, they don’t really need to retcon anything. Keep the same actors. Keep their stories in tact.
Iron Fist can stay left out, but I wouldn’t be opposed to him coming back either. Same with Luke Cage.

But Matt and Jessica 100% need to come back.

I wouldn't mind seeing Simone Missick or Jessica Henwick return.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"