Jessica Jones Jessica Jones FULL SEASON ONE Discussion Thread (BEWARE, SPOILERS GALORE!)

flickchick85

Admin of Might
Staff member
Reaction score
JJ4c1ut7w4bo1_540_zpsqconpjty.jpg

JJ3ePEW1uk21yko7_r1_250_zpsjvvdrodb.gif
JJ2ePEW1uk21yko4_r2_250_zpsvdhaljit.gif
JJ1ePEW1uk21yko5_r2_250_zps8v0kkne9.gif

Here we go, folks. No spoiler tags required. Discuss the first season of Jessica Jones here.

Last edited:
Just finished my marathon.

I really, really enjoyed it. Probably even more than I did Daredevil. It's definitely one of the top tier comic book shows, right up there with Daredevil, iZombie, and Flash.

Solid 9/10 for me.

I think the first eight or nine episodes are really good. However, I think the show loses a bit of steam in its last several episodes.

They leave a giant trail of bodies just to stop Kilgrave, who is gone for good now. So much time is spent justifying why they can't just kill Kilgrave because Jessica needs him to exonerate Hope Shlottman. Kilgrave creates dozens of more victims, causing Hope to kill herself, and then Jessica thinks its OK to erase him from existence.

Spending so much time on the weird twin neighbors subplot...geez...

I'm not really sure that Jessica's actions make her better or more righteous than Nuke. Now ultimately, I guess the conclusion is that Kilgrave is too powerful to be contained. However, all the business around the event means that she will never really have to be punished for killing him either.

But Claire Temple was pretty sanctimonious about Matt not killing people in the first season of Daredevil. She doesn't seem to care when its Jessica.

It might seem that I dislike the show. I really don't. It's very well acted, it's really brutal and unsettling. Tennant was quite terrifying really. Wilson Fisk is a monster, but you can kind of understand the method to his madness. Fisk does seem to have some type of moral compass or code of ethics. Tennant's Kilgrave is like a monster that would give other monsters nightmares. He has no moral compass at all.

Last edited:
Just finished watching it and it's great. In the beginning the characters didn't grab me as well as Daredevil's (or Flash's and Supergirl's for that matter) but I grew to care about them. Except for the lawyer, it felt like she was only there to let Killgrave escape.

Just finished. This show was like a more mature, R-rated Veronica Mars with superpowers, which means it was basically tailor-made for me. I enjoyed every minute. Krysten Ritter, like Charlie Cox, was so damn perfect for the lead role I can't think of anything else to say about her. She IS Jessica Jones to me now. Which is a very strange thought considering the more comedic characters I've previously associated her with. Girl's got range, that's for sure. Her chemistry with Mike Coulter was great too, and I can't wait to see more of them together. Very much looking forward to Luke Cage now.

I also think David Tennant's Kilgrave may have just usurped Kingpin as the greatest Marvel villain to date.

The only real criticism I have is that it got a bit sluggish during that period in which Luke disappeared, much like when Claire disappeared mid-season in Daredevil. And damn I hate that one twin girl, but I guess we're kinda supposed to, so that's not really a criticism. I just really hate her, lol. But yeah those are minor quibbles, this was a fantastic season, and one of the best things in the MCU, imo. :up:

Last edited:
Just finished and I loved it 9/10 for sure.

Fantastic series, well done Marvel. I will say that it had the same effect Daredevil did on me; I felt the first 2 episodes just didn't grab me, then all of a sudden episode 3 is where I felt the writing leaped substantially and the quality just kept rising from there. And even then I felt JJ's 1x03 - 1x07/8 was better than Daredevil's. I was shocked. Then like some of you, and again like with Daredevil I felt it got slower towards the end. But besides that I absolutely adored this show. Krysten, Colter & Tennant were phenomenal. This Netflix universe just keeps growing and only for the better.

I ended up enjoying that more than Daredevil. About even in quality, but just this grabbed me a little more. The twins definitely were irritating but it didn't bother me enough to drag the show down much. Sin Bin's still my favourite episode by the end of it and all the main cast is an absolute treat. Tennant's definitely at the top of my MCU villain list and up there for CBM villains in general.

assuming this took place during winter 14/15, where was SHIELD after the Power Man/JJ fight? that was a public superpowered confrontation

Just finnished it. Loved it 9/10 :), I still think I prefer Daredevil a tiny bit more, but this came close!!

just finished, I really enjoyed it. Ritter was great and Luke Cage just became my new favorite character. I didn't care much for a ton of the side characters but they didn't hurt my viewing experience in any way. Kilgrave was great as well, such a shame we lose another promising villain in the MCU lol. I thought for sure he was going to go full purple man for the last scene after he was injected haha.

I can't help but think that crazy Spec Ops cop guy (can't remember name lol) will tie into the stories down the line, especially the IGH organization or w/e. I can see this also getting a second season announced as well, it seems very well received. I love how drastically different the tones between this and DD are, yet how they still feel part of the same world.

the summary of the last episode threw me for a loop, I was thinking "someone else in the neighborhood" was for sure gunna be Daredevil, but.Claire was a nice treat to tie the threads of both shows together.

can't wait to see what DD season 2, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist have in store.

assuming this took place during winter 14/15, where was SHIELD after the Power Man/JJ fight? that was a public superpowered confrontation

I'd love an official MCU timeline. I feel like these are happening between Avengers 1 and Winter Solider, so it's a bit hard to place things specifically with the other established works.

Just reposting my thoughts from another thread
Finished it early this morning. It was great.

Performances were good, I liked the world building storyline was nice, and I thought Kilgrave was the best villain in anything I've seen in a while (I guess I would say that he's the best villain in the MCU, but I keep the movies and shows so separate in my head)
I loved the reveal of [BLACKOUT]Nuke[/BLACKOUT] I had no idea he was going to appear since I purposely avoided the news and I didnt know Nuke's real name (even though they changed it) so when I heard the doctor breaking down the pills and then say "Gimme a red." I had a real fanboy moment[/BLACKOUT]

I think the main problems for me were, some of the characters felt superfluous.
Jeri obviously served a purpose, but I just didn't care about her whole divorce thing [BLACKOUT]yes it does play a part in the end, but i didn't care about any of the characters of the storyline to watch it play out. They were just boring[/BLACKOUT].
The sister was annoying. And I know that's what she's supposed to do, but I just hate when shows or movies have a character that is so annoying with their hate and just take up time with being boring.
The whole storyline in, I think, episode 4[BLACKOUT]THe whole "I hate supers" thing was so pointless and I feel they couldve given the screen time to something else
I would say also it took a bit to get really REALLY interesting to me. A couple of episode but I can't pinpoint which one made me really like it. I do know my favorite episode was when [BLACKOUT]Kilgrave and Jessica "lived" together[/BLACKOUT]

All in all, I think this was very good. I liked Daredevil better, but I liked the more action bend that DD had. I also thought DD hooked me in earlier. Looking forward to season 2 of this.

Pretty damn good first season. Kinda dissapointing that Kilgrave was killed, but they were clearly steering in that direction so it was inevitable.

Tennant was by far the highlight, Ritter was great also. Really liked Colter as Cage.

Not sure where I'd rank it with Daredevil - were very different. I think I enjoyed the buildup moreso here, but Daredevil came to a more satisfying conclusion.

A second season could sure be interesting, but I really can't see it working as well without Kilgrave.

It depends on her rogue gallery.

I dont know her character much and who her big enemies are.

The only major things I remember happening other then killgrave is her working for JJJ then having a kid with luke

Marvel knocks it out the park again. This show was excellent, i think i still liked DD a bit more but this was excellent in its own right.

Finished watching Jessica Jones yesterday, but needed a little time to reflect. I agree with most who say it was very good, but not quite as good as Daredevil. Loved all the main characters, Jessica, Luke, Trish, Killgrave, and even Simpson. However, I felt they gave way too much time to characters like the twins and the whole Divorce situation with Carrie Ann Mosses character just dragged on for me. However, I like the idea that Jessica is a Reluctant and damaged hero trying to overcome her PTSD, and use her Private Eye skills to seek out and stop the one that made her that way. Overall I feel they were successful at telling that story. Gave it an 8 out of 10.

Surfer

Lagged at some points around the middle but otherwise excellent! Don't know how they'll do season two since the psychological thriller theme works perfectly with a character like Kilgrave. I actually preferred it to Daredevil, but I love the psychological element over a more justice and moral conflicted element. Problem with the show is that there's not multiple plots going on and it's pretty much just Kilgrave going on. Matt had a number of antagonists and plots going on for it to never lag like JJ seemed to in the middle.

Last edited:
I expected more of Rosario Dawson than we got but she was used pretty well so I'm not going to complain too much. I actually have no problem with no DD I was a bit worried that Luke and DD if he appeared would take too much spotlight from Jessica in defeating Kilgrave.

A second season could sure be interesting, but I really can't see it working as well without Kilgrave.

I think you could do a S2 focusing on more of the PI stuff. Or maybe that IGH as the big bad if that's not addressed in another Netflix show.
I really want a S2, I'll be really disappointed if we don't. I know DD is a long established comic character and Jessica isn't but I don't see anything wrong with them continuing the characterization themselves if there isn't enough to adapt.

Well, we didn't really stick around after the fight. Jessica and Luke fled the scene pretty quickly after. It wouldn't be a stretch to assume SHIELD responded.

I think you could do a S2 focusing on more of the PI stuff. Or maybe that IGH as the big bad if that's not addressed in another Netflix show.
I really want a S2, I'll be really disappointed if we don't. I know DD is a long established comic character and Jessica isn't but I don't see anything wrong with them continuing the characterization themselves if there isn't enough to adapt.

Well, you know, there is a second Jessica series after Alias called The Pulse in which she becomes a superhero consultant for the Daily Bugle, as well as her P.I. work. Could make for an interesting second season if adapted correctly.

This show was awesome.
Better than Daredevil(that is awesome too) for me.
Poor Jessica, she hasn't found happiness yet.
Kilgrave was the best marvel villain. :sly:

This show is on par with Daredevil imo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"