Jessica Jones Jessica Jones FULL SEASON TWO Discussion Thread (BEWARE, SPOILERS GALORE!)

Yeah I agree this is what they did but the execution was awful.

If that was done right you I think you should really sympathize with Trish but they just made her unbearable.

(All that aside though Janet McTeer was damn near perfect stole every scene she was in.)

I don't think we needed to sympathize with her. Actually I like it better as the opposite. If she was more likable, I think the addiction message would have been less stark and challenging. With how it was done, Patsy's actions make you uncomfortable, which is something common about junkies. They sacrifice meaningful things in their lives for their fix. Patsy's arc was not supposed to be one of redemption or overcoming addiction.

I don't think we needed to sympathize with her. Actually I like it better as the opposite. If she was more likable, I think the addiction message would have been less stark and challenging. With how it was done, Patsy's actions make you uncomfortable, which is something common about junkies. They sacrifice meaningful things in their lives for their fix. Patsy's arc was not supposed to be one of redemption or overcoming addiction.

Personally, I'd rather sympathize with her than not. I know sometimes you have to write characters making poor decisions for the sake of the story. And I do feel they had it justified in the story, it still felt out of character. She seemed like a character who was more aware of her problems then was too suddenly blinded to them to betray everyone in an extreme way. The moment she started to fall off the wagon is when I started loosing interest in the season (Binged the first nine episodes then dragged my feet and only yesterday watched the last four) Really it was the point where she knocks out Malcolm and has Karl preform an experiment on her at gunpoint just felt like a step too far even given her past. Not saying it's bad, but that I'm personally disappointed, took a character I liked from the first season and had huge hopes for going forward and just made me really dislike her.

I want to like the character and now I don't. I like the beats of her story and really like how it ended in the final moments, but the journey and execution hurts it for me. I want to root for her but now I don't want to her to return. Maybe season 3 will do a bit better job but I am no longer looking forward to Hellcat (whatever form that takes).

Based off how this season ended, to somehow salvage things, Trish has to become the next central villain.

Hellcat has to be the main villain of season 3 now.

Trish as a villain just wouldn't work because that would be too much a rehash of season 2's "the villain is someone Jessica used to consider family". It makes more sense for Jessica to forgive Trish, instead of reject her.

Trish as a villain just wouldn't work because that would be too much a rehash of season 2's "the villain is someone Jessica used to consider family". It makes more sense for Jessica to forgive Trish, instead of reject her.

Jessica doesn't want to forgive her.

Well, you don't want to forgive her. We'll find out what Jessica wants to do when the season starts.

Jessica doesn't want to forgive her.

At this point in time, no. But, that is why it is a show with arcs. That may be where Jessica starts, but let's see how it develops.

At this point in time, no. But, that is why it is a show with arcs. That may be where Jessica starts, but let's see how it develops.

That's not the only thing that's wrong with Trish though. She got addicted to Nuke's drugs, and she went with the IGH doctor to get powers. She sort of went off the deep end last season. That's going to be a problem for everyone.

Finally got around to watching season 2 of JJ. While for the most part i enjoyed the season i have to agree with a lot of other players here. Trish was absolutely awful. Everytime it cut to her I was just like ugh.....get back to Jessica and her Mom or anything else. When she was in the morgue and they were faking like she was going to die, I just knew they were giving her powers. It was awful and her whole arc was awful. For me, season 3 definitely needs less Trish unless they can fix her character

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"