Jessica Jones Jessica Jones FULL SEASON TWO Discussion Thread (BEWARE, SPOILERS GALORE!)

This season was pretty bad. Janet McTeer was great as Alisa and it had a really strong, shocking finale, but it's like third-graders were plotting most of the show up till then.

Trish goes from being one of the highlights of Season 1 to being a complete asshat in Season 2. She locks Malcolm in a trunk at gunpoint? She starts doing supersoldier crack just because... insecurity? SHE DOESN'T ANTICIPATE THAT THE SUPERSOLDIER CRACK INHALER WILL RUN OUT? Trish wasn't just *****ey this season. She was downright idiotic.

And as much as I like Carrie-Anne Moss, the Jeri plotline added nothing to this season's story. And I facepalmed hard when she managed--in about 3 minutes--to magically convince Inez to violently turn on her boyfriend with zero evidence.

I enjoyed Season 2 of Jessica Jones, mainly thanks to Krysten Ritter's incredible performance. She did a wonderful job of portraying Jessica's struggles this season, and showing us the many nuances of Jessica's motivations and emotions. Overall, I thought the season had a strong story, but not as polished as Season 1 because there were a few episodes that dragged out too much and felt disposable. Otherwise, the story really kept me engaged, and the whole cast did very well, especially Krysten.

This season was pretty bad. Janet McTeer was great as Alisa and it had a really strong, shocking finale, but it's like third-graders were plotting most of the show up till then.

Trish goes from being one of the highlights of Season 1 to being a complete asshat in Season 2. She locks Malcolm in a trunk at gunpoint? She starts doing supersoldier crack just because... insecurity? SHE DOESN'T ANTICIPATE THAT THE SUPERSOLDIER CRACK INHALER WILL RUN OUT? Trish wasn't just *****ey this season. She was downright idiotic.

And as much as I like Carrie-Anne Moss, the Jeri plotline added nothing to this season's story. And I facepalmed hard when she managed--in about 3 minutes--to magically convince Inez to violently turn on her boyfriend with zero evidence.
^THIS

It gives Iron Fist a run for its money. :csad:

I enjoyed Season 2 of Jessica Jones, mainly thanks to Krysten Ritter's incredible performance. She did a wonderful job of portraying Jessica's struggles this season, and showing us the many nuances of Jessica's motivations and emotions. Overall, I thought the season had a strong story, but not as polished as Season 1 because there were a few episodes that dragged out too much and felt disposable. Otherwise, the story really kept me engaged, and the whole cast did very well, especially Krysten.
Agreed. Krysten was phenomenal this season, and Janet McTeer was fantastic as well. Even if I had hated the plot this season (which I didn't), those two performances alone would put it WAY above Iron Fist and it's godawful acting/characters for me.

Every time that landlord came on I thought I was watching a soap opera. Ugh.

As a Punisher fan I gotta say I like the direction with Trish. We didn't really get much of the superhero versus vigilante angle in Punisher and Daredevil S2 only touched on it briefly (IIRC). Trish making the hard choice against someone we cared about was far more interesting than hypocritical Jessica doing the same thing against people we don't like.

PERFECT!! This season was garbage. I fast forward through most of it. the dumb sex scenes seemed just gratuitous and had no meaning in the storyline.

the emotional judgment of all the characters on the series except Malcom seemed like they belong on the a CW teenage TV show.

Last edited:
All in all I liked this season. I genuinely didn't see the twist with Jessica's mother coming, and Janet McTeer was great. However, one thing that bugged me about this season was how certain things just seemed to happen too perfectly. For example, Jessica finds out from the mentally challenged guy in jail that Dr. Carl used to meet up with him at the aquarium to see octopuses. So she stakes the place out and after a few hours, he not only shows up, but he shows up with Jessica's mother. Another example would be Trish showing up at the very end and shooting Jessica's mother. She just happened to guess correctly that they would be going to that amusement park? And also, the way Hogarth wrapped up her situation with those two scam artists worked out a little too conveniently, especially considering she made the 911 call from her own cell phone. If Inez told the entire story to the cops and said Hogarth gave her the gun, she would certainly look suspicious if they traced the call.

So like I said, I liked the season but these things really stuck out to me.

VERY MUCH THIS, icb they really did that~ also, how many times do they have to convince us that Trish's mother really ain't s**t

The writing was all over the place this season. It felt like there were 20 different show runners all trying to write about something different.

I'm not sure what they were trying to say either.

the writing was all over the place this season. It felt like there were 20 different show runners all trying to write about something different.

bingo

The writing was all over the place this season. It felt like there were 20 different show runners all trying to write about something different.

It felt at least like the two halves were trying to do two very different things (and I'm not sure what the second half was trying to do). Plus, the sideplots were literally just there on the side with no real relevance or meaning. It felt like they had this idea to have Jessica investigate her origin and track down a killer only to find out the killer was her mother. Then, once they did that, they decided to tread water until they filled their episode quota. Whether you liked the first half of the show or not, I at least thought the episodes had a clear plan and momentum that showed a degree for forethought that the latter half did not have.

Like they sort of had me with the first half. But once they revealed the killer behind everything was her mother, they couldn't figure out what to do in the second half with that information. Because IGH was basically innocuous and so was the mad scientist behind Jessica and her mom.

I just finished up season 2 this past week and while I felt the season on the whole was okay, definitely not as good as season 1, Trish at times made me almost just quit watching. Yeah, she was insufferable once she started doing the super soldier serum stuff however she was annoying from the get-go. I don't say this often but I really was hoping she'd get hit by a bus during one of the episodes and was really hoping she ate it near the end after the doc did his experiment on her.

Trish reminds me of Daredevil season 2's Matt at times.

Finally got around to watching this, and I kind of loved it.

I was dosing off during a lot of this season. Can someone explain to me how Jessica Didn't recognize her own mother?

They said reconstructive surgery changed her appearance. It also helped explain why they cast a different actress.

They said reconstructive surgery changed her appearance. It also helped explain why they cast a different actress.

This. Jessica only realized that the killer was her mom when she entered Dr. Malus's beach house and started picking up on details, like the bottle of Spanish liquor she had earlier told Oscar that her parents used to keep at home. Or a tablet with sheet music for "Ain't We Got Fun," which was clearly Alisa's favorite piano piece. And of course, Dr. Malus and Alisa had also decided at this point, after the incident at the aquarium, that there was no point in hiding from Jessica anymore.

Seems a lot didn't like the plot this season I rather enjoyed it.

I HATEDDDDD TRISH!!!!!! lol

Thought she was annoying 90% of the time she was on screen this season. The inhaler was the start that didn't make sense and it just kept going down hill from there. From turning on Malcolm, to killing Jessica's mum pretty much every action she had seemed selfish or done out of fear.

Next season could be more interesting if they can blend the broken sister dynamic with the clash of heroes.

Agree with a few on here could see season 3 being more Jessica vs. Trish than anything else.

Seems a lot didn't like the plot this season I rather enjoyed it.

I HATEDDDDD TRISH!!!!!! lol

Thought she was annoying 90% of the time she was on screen this season. The inhaler was the start that didn't make sense and it just kept going down hill from there. From turning on Malcolm, to killing Jessica's mum pretty much every action she had seemed selfish or done out of fear.

Next season could be more interesting if they can blend the broken sister dynamic with the clash of heroes.

Agree with a few on here could see season 3 being more Jessica vs. Trish than anything else.

Completely agree. I remember before the series premiered I was thinking "Oh she's the best friend who will constantly get in trouble for Jessica to save". Then when the first episode came out and show her learning krav maga I thought "wow she's gonna be a fighter, what a great idea for this character" but as the show went on it's almost like they forgot she knows krav maga at all. I still liked and had hope for the character but season 2 took everything I didn't like and cranked it up to 11. Kind of did the same with Malcolm, how he ended up as a seemingly soulless corporate investigator is a far cry from the person who wanted to be a social worker and help people. While I really like how the season ended with the characters separated but still with hope for Jessica, the road to get there wasn't very fulfilling.

Over I still really liked the season, even if the mother/daughter story line ran thin, that IGH didn't have much to it, and that the complicated moral matter ended just like the first season. The writing was still solid, the acting phenomenal, and had great directing.

Completely agree. I remember before the series premiered I was thinking "Oh she's the best friend who will constantly get in trouble for Jessica to save". Then when the first episode came out and show her learning krav maga I thought "wow she's gonna be a fighter, what a great idea for this character" but as the show went on it's almost like they forgot she knows krav maga at all. I still liked and had hope for the character but season 2 took everything I didn't like and cranked it up to 11. Kind of did the same with Malcolm, how he ended up as a seemingly soulless corporate investigator is a far cry from the person who wanted to be a social worker and help people. While I really like how the season ended with the characters separated but still with hope for Jessica, the road to get there wasn't very fulfilling.

Over I still really liked the season, even if the mother/daughter story line ran thin, that IGH didn't have much to it, and that the complicated moral matter ended just like the first season. The writing was still solid, the acting phenomenal, and had great directing.

Yeah it was almost like they made a point in the first couple episodes to be like "You thought Trish was a push over last season huh? Well now she's learning how to fight". Then like you said they just totally benched that for her becoming a whiny, needy, self righteous, preachy, junkie ass hole lol. Honestly by the end I was rooting for the mom haha when she shot her I was screaming at my tv "JESSICA KILL HER" haha

What was even more annoying is that I think what they were going for had real potential. If it had been a case of them doing cases together and Trish using martial arts for defence but just barley surviving each time becoming more and more dedicated to training because she needs to be. Then she starts to realise how Jessica doesn't value her powers (at least as much as she would), how she hasn't trained to become a better hero, how she drinks and numbs herself.

It could have been an excellent story of the fracturing relationship due to conflicting ideology's between a hero and a superhero.

I would argue that it is exactly what it was. The story line in JJ2 did exact what you're describing. It just made Patsy less likable in execution, which was intentional.

I would argue that it is exactly what it was. The story line in JJ2 did exact what you're describing. It just made Patsy less likable in execution, which was intentional.

Yeah I agree this is what they did but the execution was awful.

If that was done right you I think you should really sympathize with Trish but they just made her unbearable.

(All that aside though Janet McTeer was damn near perfect stole every scene she was in.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"