The Punisher The Punisher - General Discussion Thread

Nice to see the forum! I'm VERY excited for this. :awesome:

Karen Page confirmed!

7X82VhEW1mY.jpg

More photos HERE.

Frank is dressing like a regular, well-adjusted guy here. No former-military-with-PTSD look.

So what stories should they do in the first season? Should they take more from the 616 version or the Max version? What villains should appear besides Jigsaw?

I think we will get a mixture of 616 and Max. Marvel Netlix hasn't really done any direct adaptations. They cherry pick some stuff from the comics and mash it together with their own ideas.

Ray Schoonover (The Blacksmith) was from 1989's Punisher War Journal 4 & 5.

Villains besides Jigsaw, Kingpin, Saracen, the Russian, Barracuda and Thorn I could see them using are
a version of The Trust organisation from Circle Of Blood. A powerfully independently funded group devoted to ending organised crime that tries to recruit the Punisher.

The Five Widows from The Punisher Widowmaker. Widows of mob guys the punisher killed that come together in a plot to kill the punisher and avenge their husbands.

The Costa crime family. The Maggia family that killed Frank's family in the comics.

The Gnucci crime family from Welcome Back Frank

Last edited:
I think we will get a mixture of 616 and Max. Marvel Netlix hasn't really done any direct adaptations. They cherry pick some stuff from the comics and mash it together with their own ideas.

Ray Schoonover (The Blacksmith) was from 1989's Punisher War Journal 4 & 5.

Villains besides Jigsaw, Kingpin, Saracen, the Russian, Barracuda and Thorn I could see them using are
a version of The Trust organisation from Circle Of Blood. A powerfully independently funded group devoted to ending organised crime that tries to recruit the Punisher.

The Five Widows from The Punisher Widowmaker. Widows of mob guys the punisher killed that come together in a plot to kill the punisher and avenge their husbands.

The Costa crime family. The Maggia family that killed Frank's family in the comics.

The Gnucci crime family from Welcome Back Frank

I never liked Thorn, because sometimes they seemed to go super natural with him, saying he doesn't have to eat and that is not the best fit with Punisher.

If he is just a mob hit man who is immune to pain (but still has to eat and isn't bullet proof) that is a better fit.

I like Punisher better when he is just fighting regular criminals.

I prefer the Punisher fighting ordinary criminals as well. The Punisher works best as someone going up against organised crime that can't be brought to justice through conventional means in my opinion.

I think eventually they will have the punisher face something superpowered or supernatural. Frank already took out some Hand zombie ninjas in daredevil and if he pops up in Defenders he will probably help them take on some powered foe.

Thorn could be a guy who feels no pain like Renard from The World Is Not Enough or Ajax from Deadpool.

Last edited:
I prefer the Punisher fighting ordinary criminals as well. The Punisher works best as someone going up against organised crime that can't be brought to justice through conventional means in my opinion.

I think eventually they will have the punisher face something superpowered or supernatural. Frank already took out some Hand zombie ninjas in daredevil and if he pops up in Defenders he will probably help them take on some powered foe.

Thorn could be a guy who feels no pain like Renard from The World Is Not Enough or Ajax from Deadpool.

I think Punisher can fight super natural foes when guest starring in another series, but I would rather he fight normal criminals in his own series.

Do you think that Professor Miles Warren (in a pre-Jackal state) should appear in this series?

After all, he was the one who set Punisher onto Spider-Man in Castle's very first appearance.

Also, does anyone think that the Dirty Laundry short seems like part of a Netflix Punisher series? Imagine if that had actually been part of the series with Bernthal playing that role.

Last edited:
I think Punisher can fight super natural foes when guest starring in another series, but I would rather he fight normal criminals in his own series.

I don't know, I think there's virtue in the occasional weirdness. If nothing else, the MCU is going in the direction where, when faced with an extraordinary problem, organized crime tries to find an extraordinary solution. And while Frank Castle is 'only' a normal human, he's still pretty much an OCP for any ordinary organized crime group.

Which is to say, I would entirely believe it if Frank went after the Russian mob, and they eventually responded by digging out a guy who'd been decked out in cybernetics by a bunch of ex-Soviet mad scientists. . .

I am highly skeptical that Defenders will post-date Punisher. Flip them around is more likely.
So a guess it might be like that Marvel Knight series by Chuck Dixon and Eduardo Barreto. I'll be so into that, and won't expect Daredevil to be an ass toward Luke Cage or anyone.

Speaking of that series, I hope to see Moon Knight make an appearance.

I don't know, I think there's virtue in the occasional weirdness. If nothing else, the MCU is going in the direction where, when faced with an extraordinary problem, organized crime tries to find an extraordinary solution. And while Frank Castle is 'only' a normal human, he's still pretty much an OCP for any ordinary organized crime group.

Which is to say, I would entirely believe it if Frank went after the Russian mob, and they eventually responded by digging out a guy who'd been decked out in cybernetics by a bunch of ex-Soviet mad scientists. . .

Except I think the best Punisher stories are him vs. normal criminals, like the story where Frank fought a Russian cyborg with big breasts was kinda funny, but it wasn't a truly great story, like the time Frank went up against human traffickers.

Yeah I'd rather see the Punisher take on the worst evils humans can commit.

Last edited:
So Karen will be the female lead? a series regular? I thought she was going to play a Claire-esque role, but I guess she's playing a lead role.

So Karen will be the female lead? a series regular? I thought she was going to play a Claire-esque role, but I guess she's playing a lead role.
One of the most important supporting cast members in the Netflix side of the shared Universe?

We don't know yet whether her role might only be as much as Claire Temple's.

It would be cool if Daredevil were to cameo.

One of the most important supporting cast members in the Netflix side of the shared Universe?

I was originally thinking Karen was gonna appear in Punisher like Claire did in Jessica Jones, not as a main character but more of a special guest.

I was originally thinking Karen was gonna appear in Punisher like Claire did in Jessica Jones, not as a main character but more of a special guest.

This is my guess too. They probably just announced her because of the set pics.

All the more intriguing because they both know Matt is Daredevil.

I could go with that.
Better than seeing her killed by someone other than Bullseye, in front of Daredevil's eyes.

All the more intriguing because they both know Matt is Daredevil.

Wait, does Frank know Matt is DD? I thought he doesn't. I thought he said he didn't care who was behind the mask when he had him chained.

At the end of "A Cold Day in Hell's Kitchen" Frank helps out a maskless Daredevil against Nobu by picking off Hand minions through a rifle scope after Electra is killed....It was pretty much implied that he'd been observing the scene and what went down before he started shooting.

Also calling Matt "Red" let us know (at least how I interpreted it) that his secret is safe with Frank and they'd both found a common ground of respect in "fighting the good fight"..

Last edited:
Why would Punisher snitch on his identity anyway?

Yeah, I doubt he would. That moment just reinforces that belief imo when he calls him "Red".

I'm so glad Karen and her lovely legs will be in this. Yes, please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"