• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Punisher The Punisher - General Discussion Thread

When did he call Matt "Red"? Was it at the end somewhere?

It was. His last line of S2 was "See ya around Red"

Did he actually say that to Matt Murdock or just to Daredevil without a mask? Because if it were the latter, then it would be obvious since he'd still have the rest of the costume.

He said it to DD without the mask. Matt turned and gave him a slight nod.

Well then that's not the same thing as saying it to Matt somewhere else while he's not in costume. He's already seen "Red" fighting the hand, and then just because he sees him now without the mask, he's not going to suddenly stop calling him "Red". He won't suddenly think "who is this guy?". Matt still has the DD costume on.

So I don't think that counts in quite the same way.

I don't know if Frank got such a good look at Matt's face from that distance, even through a scope.

I don't think it's intended to be such an on the nose acknowledgement that Frank absolutely knows that Matt is DD. That conclusion is arrived at in more subtle ways. I interpreted the subtext. I can't guarantee that Frank knows DD's actual identity, but based on previous moments/conversations that happened in the season between them - not to mention what happened before Frank started shooting in that final scene (ie Electra dying in maskless Matt's arms), there is enough information presented to conclude that those previous moments were brought to a head and given some form of conclusion.

I think it would be too convenient for Frank not to know the way that last scene was played out. I think the writers are too smart for that.

I'm pretty certain Frank knows Matt is Daredevil

But on the Marvel site itself it said it would debut in 2017. I think Marvel.com overrides TV line.

we'll see. Just get the stories right. They don't need huge budgets or FX. But we do need the skull logo.

2017 needs to get here because I've got a craving to watch street thugs get FRANKED

So excited for this series! He was easily the best part of Season 2 and I'm looking forward to seeing how they continue his story in this universe. I'm wondering if we'll be getting any appearances from any of the other Marvel Netflix heroes or supporting cast characters?

Well we have Karen if you didn't already know that.

jon-bernthal-films-stunts-punisher-08.jpg

jon-bernthal-films-stunts-punisher-01.jpg

jon-bernthal-films-stunts-punisher-02.jpg

If Punisher is coming in 2017 I don't see it coming until most likely September. Marvel said there plan was to have a New show 6 Months apart so u have Iron Fist in March and Maybe Punisher in September? Defenders isn't really a new show and they haven't started to film yet so I could see that maybe coming in December I could be wrong though.

Last edited:
I'm kind of wondering what Frank's game plan is now and if he plans to expand his war on crime.

I could see it like Frank doesn't have a game plan right now. Like maybe at the end of Daredevil he had a plan to do what Daredevil does and stop criminals that doesn't have anything to do with his family's death, but when it came to actually set that plan in motion, the drive just wasn't there. Before, he had this incredible drive to punish the people who killed his family, but now when that mission is completed, he doesn't really have anything to fight for anymore. He doesn't really have a reason to keep on living. I think the longer hair and beard could be a result of that. And then early on in this season, something will happen that will ignite the fight in Frank once more.

That's a pretty big leap from "grows his hair out". It could, and probably is, simply that Frank. . . grew his hair out. After all, he is a deeply wanted man, not being immediately recognized as Frank Castle by everyone you meet is helpful.

I'm not saying that I think that's what's gonna happen, I just think it's a possibility. You might very well be right. I guess what makes me think it could happen is because it's a very reccuring thing in movies and TV shows that when a character has lost his drive and is aimless, he often grows out his hair and beard to show the audience that he doesn't care anymore, and then when he's found something to live for again, he cleans himself up.

Just give me Barracuda at some point and I will be happy

Maybe season 2 antagonist. They have more than enough material to work with (Ennis MAX Run)

Just give me Barracuda at some point and I will be happy

Maybe season 2 antagonist. They have more than enough material to work with (Ennis MAX Run)

Yea Im hoping for a majority of Ennis stuff. On another note, it looks like Frank is posing as a homeless guy but dont people still think he's dead? Even at the end of DD S2 when he sniped those Hand ninjas Karen was really the only one that noticed him wasnt she?

I wonder if we will get The Russian in this show as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"