• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Rotten Tomatoes/Critic's Reaction Thread

TOMATOMETER
80%
Average Rating: 6.82/10
Reviews Count: 371
Fresh: 296
Rotten: 75

It's basically in 79.78% so is being rounded up to 80%. It'd take 35 more positive reviews without a negative to get a rounded up 81%.

Oh cool. I hadn't followed it for a while and didn't realise it had a good chance of staying about 80%.
There are still plenty of reviews potentially out there as BP had 459 reviews while IW had 421 so there are up to 50 RT-verified critcs who could still post reviews, although I think it's likely in the 20s at how many more reviews will be posted when it's all said and done.

There are still plenty of reviews potentially out there as BP had 459 reviews while IW had 421 so there are up to 50 RT-verified critcs who could still post reviews, although I think it's likely in the 20s at how many more reviews will be posted when it's all said and done.
Seems like it's odds on to stay just above. :up:

Also in Rotten Tomato news, the audience is 61%.

So for a movie that got targeted and got dragged down to late 20s, it’s rebounded really well.
I think most people will know that number needs an asterisk by it since that score was heavily affected by a troll campaign to artificially deflate it. It should probably be closer to 70% than its current 61%.

TOMATOMETER
80%
Average Rating: 6.81/10
Reviews Count: 395
Fresh: 315
Rotten: 80

Now back down to a rounded up 80%. Kinda wonder how many reviews are going to continue being added.

Double toasted is counted on rotten tomatoes? Lol they'll let anyone in there :D

CM is the 3rd-most reviewed MCU film of all-time, only behind BP (459) and IW (421) and ahead of CA: CW (388) and Thor: Ragnarok (382.) I can only imagine how many reviews will come in for EG.

Disappointed Korey and Martin gave it a rotten review, which is unlike them for Marvel films. I listened to their review and they had serious problems with it but thought it was OK

I kind of stopped giving them much credence when Korey compared Justice League to The Seven Samurai with a straight face and the others agreed. :yuk:

CM is the 3rd-most reviewed MCU film of all-time, only behind BP (459) and IW (421) and ahead of CA: CW (388) and Thor: Ragnarok (382.) I can only imagine how many reviews will come in for EG.

Sadly, I'm sure some of the more "elitist" critics already have their "huge disappointment/I hate all superhero movies" reviews already partially written for it. Either way, EG will be under INTENSE scrutiny. Either they stick the landing LOTR style, or they Matrix it all up. Either way, we'll know in a little over a month...I'm hoping for awesomeness.

I'm completely expecting a worse RT score for endgame than Infinity War. I can already see the writing on the wall.

Endgame will definitely be an interesting case. However, Infinity War was the more risky movie in many ways. It was the part 1 disguised as a finale, it had the villain as the main character, essentially, and the atypical ending.

So... we'll see. A lot of Infinity War was a set-up for Endgame. But Infinity War still did quite well critically.

Last edited:
Wow 400 reviews?! I remember the days when blockbuster films only like more or less 250 reviews.

Wow 400 reviews?! I remember the days when blockbuster films only like more or less 250 reviews.
For comparison's sake, Wonder Woman has 421 reviews so CM is still only 2nd when it comes to female-led superhero films.

I don't know about Ant-Man and the Wasp but Doctor Strange has a better performance by its leading actor, better developed characters, a better supporting cast, a better story, better and more creative action sequences and special effects and a much more memorable climax.

I'm so envious of Doctor Strange fans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EliSan
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"