The Taskmaster thread

The trailer suggested Taskmaster was the main villain and the one in charge of the Red Room, not Drakov. So this is inaccurate. Movie trailers can often be misleading like this.
True. But if trailers & ads gave everything away, there would be no reason to see the film.

Marvel has cache to burn but they need to stop wasting villains the way they do they could have easily not used him and had them just battle other widows

View attachment 47240

The physical choreographed fight between Taskmaster and Natasha on the bridge was easily the best utilization of the character. They should've escalated the interaction everytime, instead of limiting the character and the fight especially the anticlimactic underwhelming fight against Red Guardian.

This was one problem. The best fight and action scene with Taskmaster was this one in the first act. After that, Taskmaster's fights seemed progressively whittled down. Even that Black Panther reference didn't really go anywhere. The fights just get kind of cut off and don't get progressively more advanced.

So the whole conundrum with Taskmaster is how do you fight a guy who can mimic all your moves and techniques. How do you out-think that problem. They don't really take advantage of that at all.

As a result, you really could've made this any varied character or villain rather than waste Taskmaster here. Could've just done Scourge:

910nsgv2umL._AC_SX466_.jpg

True. But if trailers & ads gave everything away, there would be no reason to see the film.
Except the trailers and ads did indicate a bigger role for Taskmaster than what was expected. The editing literally implies Taskmaster is the main villain and the one controlling the Red Room.

Last edited:
Except the trailers and ads did indicate a bigger role for Taskmaster than what was expected. The editing literally implies Taskmaster is the main villain and the one controlling the Red Room.
I'm curious how much things changed in the script. I know Yelena was originally meant to be the main antagonist and that changed. I think it could have worked with Taskmaster controlling the Red Room but then you almost had to commit to Melina being Taskmaster

For me, the worst MCU villain will always be Malekith The Accursed from Thor The Dark World.
Christopher Eccleston is a fine actor and his part was pared down, cut to ribbons.

At least he had dialogue and had probably more screen time. Task Master is just there. Doesn't speak. Doesn't even pose a threat to Natasha.

Heck I feared for her when she was facing all the Widows than I did with Task Master. Task Master sucked.

Here we go again: another heavily underused villain.
And I don’t see how they can use her for the Thunderbolts

Code:

Last edited:
Albright, This is not a Spoilers Thread.
Please use Spoiler Tags.

I'm a little confused as to why they got Olga Kurylenko for this. Not that she's a massive name... but recognisable enough. I think she only had one line (three words?) in the entire thing. Also the age threw me a bit because she looks (and is) older than Scarlett Johansson but was a school girl when the Budapest bombing happened so I figured Antonia was supposed to be about 10 years younger than Natasha. I felt casting Olga meant there was going to be more to the character so I was a little disappointed

For the most part I liked Taskmaster, they were a major threat throughout the film.

I'm a little confused as to why they got Olga Kurylenko for this. Not that she's a massive name... but recognisable enough. I think she only had one line (three words?) in the entire thing. Also the age threw me a bit because she looks (and is) older than Scarlett Johansson but was a school girl when the Budapest bombing happened so I figured Antonia was supposed to be about 10 years younger than Natasha. I felt casting Olga meant there was going to be more to the character so I was a little disappointed

The character didnt exactly have the best time growing up, they would look rough.

I don't care that Taskmaster's identity was changed, that doesn't bother me. What bothered me was that other than the initial fight scene, he was more of an afterthought for the rest of the movie. And yea it's a bit odd they got someone like
Olga Kurylenko for the role but she didn't really get to do much.

I don't care that Taskmaster's identity was changed, that doesn't bother me. What bothered me was that other than the initial fight scene, he was more of an afterthought for the rest of the movie. And yea it's a bit odd they got someone like
Olga Kurylenko for the role but she didn't really get to do much.
I appreciate the Spoiler tag. Not everyone is doing that today.

For me, the worst MCU villain will always be Malekith The Accursed from Thor The Dark World.
Christopher Eccleston is a fine actor and his part was pared down, cut to ribbons.
Agreed. Worst villain by far. Second worst is “Mandarin” followed by Jude Law’s character who I don’t even remember the name of.

I'm curious how much things changed in the script. I know Yelena was originally meant to be the main antagonist and that changed. I think it could have worked with Taskmaster controlling the Red Room but then you almost had to commit to Melina being Taskmaster

That's actually interesting, but then people might've complained this resembled Winter Soldier too closely.

Agreed. Worst villain by far. Second worst is “Mandarin” followed by Jude Law’s character who I don’t even remember the name of.

More worse than the Mandarin lol....wow. Taskmaster was 10x better than that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"