BvS The Unabashed SPOILER Thread. ENTER AT OWN RISK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reviews and scores ultimately mean zero once you sit down to watch a movie and form your own opinion. Yes they sway some people's minds and I don't get why people don't just decide on their own but that's got zero to do with spoilers at this point.

Good find.

Maybe Luthor's holding her captive?

Did not think of that.

Sounds like Batman could be sneaking into Lexcorp or some facility to do something he can handle while Superman might be fending off Doomsday.

Batman is seen in his plane when Doomsday attacks, maybe he flies there after Doomsday is cut loose?

Martha being disheveled could have something to do with the diner scene. I doubt if Supes died Bats would be busting into Martha's house with his costume/mask on. Not comforting.

I just love that he says, "I'm a friend of your sons".

But yeah I think you guys are right.

Sounds like Batman could be sneaking into Lexcorp or some facility to do something he can handle while Superman and Wonder Woman might be fending off Doomsday.

Batman is seen in his plane when Doomsday attacks, maybe he flies there after Doomsday is cut loose?

:yay:

I just love that he says, "I'm a friend of your sons".

But yeah I think you guys are right.

I wonder if that means something more drastic happens for Batman to trust him. Unless he's just saying that to comfort Martha and get her trust?

Batman would probably trust Clark more right away if he has a heart attack following their fight and Clark gets him to safety. Someone also said they saw a red boot instead of Batman's hit a gas pedal.

Reviews and scores ultimately mean zero once you sit down to watch a movie and form your own opinion.

That's not true. I mean of course your own opinion is the most important, but when looking at the big picture, wom/reviews can potentially hurt/help a film's box office.

I mean if Green Lantern 2011 got better wom, and scored an 80% or higher on Rotten tomatoes, who the hell knows where we'd be with DC movies now. The movie could've been a success and the DCEU could've been a totally different beast.

She doesn't show up until after Superman and Batman are already there though.

Remember, "Is she with you?"

****. Sorry. I didn't read your last line. I thought you meant that Batman went to do something else while they were fighting Doomsday. :yay:

Green Lantern was getting **** on by everyone though, it wasn't like your average movie that gets people that like it, people that think it's alright, and people who dislike it. There's plenty of movies that critics **** all over and the average person who isn't a film student still wants to see and enjoys.

I hope he is alive by the end too.

You know, I think the biggest reason why I'm still in shock is because I thought, with the aid of Batman and Wonder Woman, Superman would be able to survive this encounter since one of the reasons why he died in the comics was because he was fighting him alone.

Green Lantern was getting **** on by everyone though, it wasn't like your average movie that gets people that like it, people that think it's alright, and people who dislike it. There's plenty of movies that critics **** all over and the average person who isn't a film student still wants to see and enjoys.

I know, but if at the time I thought "Well I like Green Lantern, and that's all that matters", then I guess that's fine....unless you wanted a sequel. Know what I mean?

Superman dying is going to be the new neck snap isn't it?

Ya'll watched this yet? The interviewer spoils a moment in the film.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gHSw6ZsM6c
1:13

Batman busts in (I assume into her house?) and he says, "I'm a friend of your sons".
It's a very intense scene, Martha is a mess, really disheveled. :S Sorry Herolee..

I actually like the sound of that. Sounds quite emotional.

I definitely appreciate your patience and kind words on this.

Though I honestly can't see myself letting this one go, regardless of execution, due to the fact of the timing of all of this (Pre JL and Batman's involvement in the film)

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt because you are a civil and friendly poster with some interesting insight into superman. I also share your concerns to some extent; I'm just more optimistic about how things might come together in the film.

You know, I think the biggest reason why I'm still in shock is because I thought, with the aid of Batman and Wonder Woman, Superman would be able to survive this encounter since one of the reasons why he died in the comics was because he was fighting him alone.

I guess this Doomsday must be extremely powerful and WW/Batman are not able to save superman's life during the fight.

herolee, I understand how you feel.

as a Superman fan, I, too, will be disappointed if Superman does indeed die ( and stay dead ) at the end of the film.

however, I have been preparing myself for that outcome ever since Doomsday was rumored and then officially confirmed. To do Doomsday justice, Superman does have to "die" in some form.

plus, as I've said before, the track "This is My World" does sound very sacrificial in tone.

so, I wouldn't be surprised if Superman does "die" at the end.

However, Superman has to come back somehow for Justice League.

so, I will reserve final judgment until I see the film next week.

I know, but if at the time I thought "Well I like Green Lantern, and that's all that matters", then I guess that's fine....unless you wanted a sequel. Know what I mean?

You have a point, but even if this gets abysmal reviews, I think WB is in too deep on this one.

Expect some internal reorganization (and there probably should be either way), hell, there'll be a lot of it outright in the news, but there's no way we won't be getting sequels to this one.

That sorta thing happened to TASM2, which was a shame because I kinda liked the first one, but oh well, different versions come and go. I even agreed with a lot of the criticisms of the second but I loved the first and refuse to budge my opinion of it just because some people wanted me put to death in the town square for enjoying it.

I fully understand that early word of mouth can set the tone for how a movie may do, but I'm just saying I think it's a little too early to worry or really care for this one.

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt because you are a civil and friendly poster with some interesting insight into superman. I also share your concerns to some extent; I'm just more optimistic about how things might come together in the film.

I guess this Doomsday must be extremely powerful and WW/Batman are not able to save superman's life during the fight.

Thanks.

The treatment of superman in this film has always been my biggest weakness.

And I wonder why add WW to the final fight if it still results in the casualty of Superman's death?

In Death of Superman, the League send all their might at Doomsday and all it does is blast his bodysuit off. A combined effort is not automatically going to equal success.

And I wonder why add WW to the final fight if it still results in the casualty of Superman's death?

Hmm. That's a good question.

Maybe they just wanted to introduce her to start a foundation for the JL? Maybe they want to show the trinity bonding and trying to fight this thing together. The loss of superman might make them realize they need a larger group and so they seek out more heroes.

herolee, I understand how you feel.

as a Superman fan, I, too, will be disappointed if Superman does indeed die ( and stay dead ) at the end of the film.

however, I have been preparing myself for that outcome ever since Doomsday was rumored and then officially confirmed. To do Doomsday justice, Superman does have to "die" in some form.

plus, as I've said before, the track "This is My World" does sound very sacrificial in tone.

so, I wouldn't be surprised if Superman does "die" at the end.

However, Superman has to come back somehow for Justice League.

so, I will reserve final judgment until I see the film next week.

If I had your fortitude and strength then a lot of people would have been spared a great deal of annoyance.

I don't think I could even bring myself to watch BvS until JL came out with superman properly portrayed and used in that film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"