• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Wrestling Thread Is Like A Sexy Piñata...A VERY Sexy Piñata! - Part 237

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's like a perverse kick for him, I think it goes back to the fact he had no choice but to listen to the fans with Austin because WCW was kicking his ass, and had to run with him, since he put WCW out of business he's spent a decade pushing a single guy down fans throats no matter what because Cena was like his revenge, back to what he thinks a WWE champion should be, and since the Bryan situation he's escalated to making the Rumbe a bag of garbage every year out of spite.
Yep. He has taken the reaction to Bryan and decided he needs to piss off the fans every year now. To purposely piss on them.

Random observation: imagine how much more tolerable that cruddy Rumble ending would have been if it had then ended with Sami Zayn eliminating Roman Reigns to win rather than Randy Orton.

Damn it, New Japan! Force the WWE to up their game!

Well 3 years in a row that really hasn't happend. Nobody really got hyped with Batista vs. Orton until they gave the Stipulation of Daniel in the match. Nobody got hype of Roman vs. Brock and that match happend and they had to insert Seth Rollins cashing in into the mix. Roman vs. HHH I don't think anybody really cared. Orton vs. Cena which Likely will turn into Orton vs. Bray Wyatt IMO. Meh.
I know. And I think Hunter is right. The Rumble is Vince just having a go at the fans for daring to not eat the **** he wants them to.

It's freaking depressing..
He looked so beat up against Brock. He should have went out with that Punk match. It was pretty damn good, and it would have been a good person for him to drop the streak to. I still don't get why he gave it to Brock.

Random observation: imagine how much more tolerable that cruddy Rumble ending would have been if it had then ended with Sami Zayn eliminating Roman Reigns to win rather than Randy Orton.
I'd be crying tears of joy. My only excitement for Orton was that he isn't Roman.

I stopped watching 12 years or so ago during the rise of Orton and Cena, I may stop watching again. We went from the Rock and Austin to all of these bums.

Yep. He has taken the reaction to Bryan and decided he needs to piss off the fans every year now. To purposely piss on them.

The thing Vince seems to be oblivous to, or maybe not, is the first time he did it they salvaged it and delivered the pay-off at Mania, the last 2 years the fans have crapped all over the Mania main event, it shows his level of spite and ego that he's content with that for the biggest show of the year, a show he used to take pride in.

It's freaking depressing..

I haven't seen Taker wrestle since he lost the streak but it is sad to hear, I was never a big fan but always respected him and his ethics.

Yeah, no way in hell they expected fans to like Reigns at #30. There was no story reason for him to be there. They have teased other, more popular choices that could have filled that spot. And even on the pre-show they talked about how "wide open" the Rumble was this year. Which is barely concealed code for the "I'm so glad Roman Reigns isn't in the Rumble again" comments everyone has been making. Reigns got CRAPPED on the past 2 years. I like the guy, but it takes him months to recover from the backlash of his Rumble appearances each year. They put him in, and in that spot, KNOWING it would piss off fans to no end.

The most charitable reason I can think of, short of outright spite, is the plan was for Orton to win all along, and they knew fans would be lukewarm to that. So they threw Roman out to take the heat because they knew Orton would get the boost in cheers they wanted for the winner by eliminating Roman.

It's going to be really hard watching Reigns wrestle Undertaker and his huge swinging gut at Mania.

I think this needs reposting:

raw

I stopped watching 12 years or so ago during the rise of Orton and Cena, I may stop watching again. We went from the Rock and Austin to all of these bums.
What killed me about it was at the time Benoit and Eddie were finally at the top, and they didn't give two ****s. Once they won the belts, they weren't the main feuds. They were afterthoughts who lost the belts after a few months. Then never sniffed them again. Then we got Cena and Orton. And we didn't just get them, it was made clear the WWE would be all about Cena, Orton and Batistia. I gave up on the WWE for a good 4 years until Bryan and Punk started making a real impact. Had to go back and watch Jericho's run because I missed it.

I was really bummed that the only surprise entrant was Dillinger. I was so hoping for Samoa Joe and even holding a tiny bit for Finn Balor. It's just, Dillinger's "perfect 10" gimmick is really undone for me by that stupid tattoo!

Hang on.......OnTheAir told me they have been protecting Strowman and booking him like a proper monster, he cost Reigns the title tonight and demolished him, but you guys are saying Reigns will face Taker at Mania.....So does that mean they are jsut gonna piss away Strowman at the Februrary event?

The thing Vince seems to be oblivous to, or maybe not, is the first time he did it they salvaged it and delivered the pay-off at Mania, the last 2 years the fans have crapped all over the Mania main event, it shows his level of spite and ego that he's content with that for the biggest show of the year, a show he used to take pride in.

Mania 30 is the problem. Vince still hasn't forgiven he fans for hijacking his vision for the show and making them include Daniel Bryan. So now it's like each year he will make them accept he knows best, and keep throwing Roman at them until they do.

I recently watched Brock/Roman, and it is such a downer until Seth showed up. Seth saved that event, but then last year they went all the way, and just ruined Wrestlemania for everyone.

Hang on.......OnTheAir told me they have been protecting Strowman and booking him like a proper monster, he cost Reigns the title tonight and demolished him, but you guys are saying Reigns will face Taker at Mania.....So does that mean they are jsut gonna piss away Strowman at the Februrary event?

It now seems the "set up a feud with Braun Strowman" thing was an elaborate swerve to throw fans off the scent of Roman Reigns appearing in the Rumble. Makes the rib they played on the fans even funnier, yeah?

wow!! sounds like a ***** Rumble!!

no surprise entrants. no Joe. no Balor. no Angle. :(

but at least Orton won instead of Reigns. I'll take that.......I guess.

Yeah, no way in hell they expected fans to like Reigns at #30. There was no story reason for him to be there. They have teased other, more popular choices that could have filled that spot. And even on the pre-show they talked about how "wide open" the Rumble was this year. Which is barely concealed code for the "I'm so glad Roman Reigns isn't in the Rumble again" comments everyone has been making. Reigns got CRAPPED on the past 2 years. I like the guy, but it takes him months to recover from the backlash of his Rumble appearances each year. They put him in, and in that spot, KNOWING it would piss off fans to no end.

The most charitable reason I can think of, short of outright spite, is the plan was for Orton to win all along, and they knew fans would be lukewarm to that. So they threw Roman out to take the heat because they knew Orton would get the boost in cheers they wanted for the winner by eliminating Roman.
But then why have Orton win? His win does nothing for Mania. Nothing.

Mania 30 is the problem. Vince still hasn't forgiven he fans for hijacking his vision for the show and making them include Daniel Bryan. So now it's like each year he will make them accept he knows best, and keep throwing Roman at them until they do.

As senile as he is you'd think even he would realize it wont work, the harder he pushes the stronger the vitriol will become, this isn't a Cena deal where half the crowd love him, Reigns is just hated across the demos.

From the moment he entered the match, they were clearly setting up Roman/Taker. Roman even eliminated him and he stated him down hard. They even have Taker going around saying he does what he wants, where he wants it.

On another note, Goldberg can't wrestle a match. They better not try it, because he can't go more then a few minutes. He gassed after about 3 minutes today, most of it posing.

I recently watched Brock/Roman, and it is such a downer until Seth showed up. Seth saved that event, but then last year they went all the way, and just ruined Wrestlemania for everyone.

How the hell has Seth Rollins not main evented a Mania yet and Reigns has two under his belt. :funny: The fact the save was a cash-in rather than a proepr match is a sad commentary on the state of things.

It now seems the "set up a feud with Braun Strowman" thing was an elaborate swerve to throw fans off the scent of Roman Reigns appearing in the Rumble. Makes the rib they played on the fans even funnier, yeah?

Genius, pissed off the fans, set up a dud of a match and made their monster look weak, booking at it's best!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"