No Way Home "There's No Place Like Home" - Andrew Garfield Returns As Webbverse Spider-Man

Lets talk about consequences post NWH, for Raimi verse and Webbverse

Logically it doesnt matter to Raimiverse events
-Osborn becoming good (after NWH travel), no more Goblin countpart doesnt avoid Ock becoming badguy 2 years later
-Ottavius becoming good (after NWH travel) after fighting Tobey McGuire doesnt make incidence on Sandman/Venom enter 1 year later
-Marko becomes good anyway, Tobey kills the symbiote. Norman, Ock and Flint are always alive.
Harry Osborn is the only one who can have a different fate. He could be alive (no sacrifice, no serum, his dad was no more schizophrenia) Tobey could find him post-NWH when back to his universe. Or we can even have Harry dying against Venom, by sacrifying himself anyway

About Webbverse events
-Connors and Electro are goods after their fight with Spidey respectively. (when they came back to their universe)
-Same thing, Spidey fights Harry becoming crazy Goblin and Gwen dies. Electro becoming good didnt change anything on Harry and Gwen's fates.

Conclusion : NWH could change Harry Raimiverse's destiny. Just Ock, Flint, Norman, Connor, Dillon are all goods and alive but Haary/Gwen Webbverse stay unchanged

But we can ask why 2 Harry wasnt transported into MCU mainstream, as they know Spidey's identity
Tom Hardy doesnt know Spidey but was transported

Conclusion : NWH could change Harry Raimiverse's destiny. Just Ock, Flint, Norman, Connor, Dillon are all goods and alive but Haary/Gwen Webbverse stay unchanged

But we can ask why 2 Harry wasnt transported into MCU mainstream, as they know Spidey's identity

I think it would massively change Gwen's fate since curing Connor's at the point he found out Peter's identity would keep her dad alive creating a different set of events that originally led to her death

Logically it doesnt matter to Raimiverse events
-Osborn becoming good (after NWH travel), no more Goblin countpart doesnt avoid Ock becoming badguy 2 years later ....
-Ottavius becoming good (after NWH travel) after fighting Tobey McGuire doesnt make incidence on Sandman/Venom enter 1 year later
-Marko becomes good anyway, Tobey kills the symbiote. Norman, Ock and Flint are always alive.
Harry Osborn is the only one who can have a different fate. He could be alive (no sacrifice, no serum, his dad was no more schizophrenia) Tobey could find him post-NWH when back to his universe. Or we can even have Harry dying against Venom, by sacrifying himself anyway

About Webbverse events
-Connors and Electro are goods after their fight with Spidey respectively. (when they came back to their universe)
-Same thing, Spidey fights Harry becoming crazy Goblin and Gwen dies. Electro becoming good didnt change anything on Harry and Gwen's fates.

one could argue it would... if Osborn survives then Harry never took over the company and never funded Octavius's experiment in the first place, so it could potentially have created a timeline where the original Octavius never became "Dr. Ock"... which does lead to the question of what happened when he was returned to that timeline {even in his cured state} would he replace the Octavius of that new timeline? or would there then be 2 of him?

Maybe they remplace themself when returned to their universe ,
(Anyway they returned in their own universe at the same point they left. During their battle against Spidey.)

Same thing for Tobey and Andrew, they were transported several years after their respectives movies, into MCU mainstream
by returning, they could see some new events (like Logan when he wake up in new 2023)

Just a reminder, by the rules of time travel/multiverse as explained so far, each returned character would effectively lead to a *separate* multiverse branch. So, sadly for Tobey Spider-man, his past would still contain all the tragedy same as before. Cured Norman would definitely lead to a changed timeline, but it wouldn't be *his* past anymore, it'd be a timeline leading to a different Tobey-Spider-Man. Same for the others.

That said, one notable knock-on effect I don't see mentioned yet: Doc Ock was cured of his madness, but unlike the others he was *not* depowered. So, in the timeline where he is returned, you don't just have "Otto not dying, which makes Peter happier". You also have effectively *another good-aligned superbeing* out there, one who would logically be friendly and supportive of Peter Parker. I'm not sure how that would change the ensuing Spider-man 3 ( which I agree, would still happen ), but I'm pretty sure it *should*.

I've always been a fan of Andrew's Spidey, he's always been my favorite of the live action actors in the role, and his return in a partial sequel is definitely my favorite part of this movie. I'm glad I did not set myself up for disappointment with his appearance, cause it lived up to my happy anticipation.

I really liked Andrew in this. I wasn’t a fan of his Spider-Man films in general but I always liked him and it was good to see him here. Get the poor guy a haircut though!

I notice webbverse is the best Spideyverse including the most characters content

Raimiverse, they exist:
-Spiderman/Parker
-Mary Jane
-Gwen Stacy
-Harry Osborn
-Noramn Osborn
-Doc Ock
-Dr Connors
-Sandman
-Eddy Brock/Venom
-J.Jameson
Webbverse:
-Spiderman/Parker
-Gwen Stacy
-Harry Osborn
-Norman Osborn
-Dr Connors
-Electro/Dillon
-Rhino
-Doc Ock (credit scene)
-Vulture (credit scene)
-Chameleon (credit scene)
-Kraven (credit scene)
-Felicia
Venom-verse:
-Eddy Brock/Venom
-Morbius
-Kraven
-Rhino (on newspaper)
-Felicia
-J.Jameson (Daily Bugle exists so Jameson exists)
MCU mainline :
-Spiderman/Parker
-Michelle
-Ned
-Vulture
-Shocker/Shulze
-Scorpion/Gargan
-Mysterio
-J.Jameson

Just hope Venom is the same universe than Garfield but I think thats not

Users who are viewing this thread

Back