No Way Home "There's No Place Like Home" - Andrew Garfield Returns As Webbverse Spider-Man

Sony always wanted Spider-Man to be multiple franchises, hence it's obsession with spin offs like Venom, Morbius, Black & Silver, etc. With Into The Spiderverse and No Way Home they've found a way to multiple franchises, all with a Spider-Man. Tobey in a Mayday Spider-Girl Movie and Andrew as the anchor of the venomverse makes complete sense. There's a demand for ASM3 and more Tobey. Makes more sense to me than trying to make franchises out of minor characters like Silver Sable and villains like Kraven.
This is honestly a "time for cartwheels" moment for Sony. Before this movie I don't think they would have tried to bring back previous Spider-Man actors or add someone new. Thus all the attempts to make franchises out of any character they had to work with.

Now they can go in any number of directions. They are actually free to make a TASM3 and even do it while Tom Holland's Spider-Man is still active. Instead of only having the option of trying to cross over Holland (which they can obviously still do) now they can use others and in particular use Garfield's Spider-Man. There is a lot more flexibility and of course the impact of Into the Spiderverse is big here.

Partly why they can feel comfortable just leaving a bit of symbiote behind in the MCU. Can have a mostly MCU focused Venom if they take advantage of that. Or they can still crossover this Venom. Both options are there.

Partly why they can feel comfortable just leaving a bit of symbiote behind in the MCU. Can have a mostly MCU focused Venom if they take advantage of that. Or they can still crossover this Venom. Both options are there.

I really don't think Sony decided to leave some of the symbiote in the MCU so it can have its own Venom. I have a feeling they will only want one Venom being focused on and its hardy. I think they left abit of the symbiote to set up a crossover. Maybe in Venom 3 where they make a point of Venom saying he feels he is missing part of himself.

Omg, listening to Andrew's interview with horowitz and he is just a joy to listen to. He's just beaming with enthusiasm about the whole affair. I'm so happy this movie redeemed his Spidey to everyone (myself includeD) who weren't very big on those ASM movies.

"Emma kept on texting me and she was like, 'Are you in this new Spider-Man film?' And I was like, 'I don't know what you're talking about!' She was like, 'Shut up, just tell me.' And like, I honestly… I kept it going, even with her, it's hilarious," Garfield said, finally opening up about his long-kept secret. "And then she saw it and she was like, 'You're a jerk!'"

Andrew Garfield Even Lied to Emma Stone About Spider-Man - IGN

Horowitz is a great interviewer and his podcast with Garfield was wonderful. Asked all the right and intriguing questions, and just letting Garfield speak. It's great listening to Andrew talk about the whole process top to bottom. The passion he has for the character is palpable.

The whole discussion about the leak timeline is dynamite. You don't see that anywhere else.

Last edited:
I cant believe that Doordash delivery guy story actually ended up being true :funny::funny:

Lol yeah I also like that Andrew straight up admits he was rude but we also got context, but not in that defensive way, that the doordash dude was also being sus. I think Doordash guy immediately thought it might be Andrew and tried to get cute by asking for ID. Glad we got Andrew's side and good on Horowitz for detailing the leak timetable.

I do wish though one of the interviewers would ask how close was he or how serious were the conversations back in 2014 of his Spider-Man being inserted in the MCU. I always got the sense Sony & Marvel Studios had the meeting with him just to be polite but it was more to present scenarios that would appear beneficial but really try to deter him from wanting to be in the universe at the time.

Andrew Garfield: "I'm not the werewolf!"
Also Andrew Garfield: *is the werewolf, and in fact *was* the werewolf the entire time*

For the record, "I'm not the werewolf" is exactly the type of thing a werewolf would say. :o

Finally got some official pictures of Andrew

FJ5AhrQXEAM1-2Y

FJ5AikvWYAQCnxP

I wish the alternate ending of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 was canon. That scene is great.

I'm so happy to see Andrew Garfield and Kirsten Dunst get Oscar nominations today, especially Dunst, who I feel is incredibly underrated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"