No Way Home "There's No Place Like Home" - Andrew Garfield Returns As Webbverse Spider-Man

I'm honestly glad there is Garfield love. I don't like either film he's in, so there's very little nostalgia for me, but he was passionate about the role, more than capable, and shafted by studio incompetence. He deserves some flowers too.

It'll be nice to look at SM3 and ASM2 again and hopefully give them better movies to go out on. Getting to the end of SM3 and the end of ASM2 always gives me bittersweet feelings cause that was the end and it wasn't exactly the most hype of endings for either version to leave us on. SM3 wasn't intended to be the last time we saw those characters, and ASM2 wasn't for them either. So many versions of Spidey get their stories cut short so it'll be good having some closure with all those years removed now.

Andrew did get screwed over, but there was some good stuff in his movies. The Peter/Gwen relationship was good in both movies despite what else they got wrong. Just a shame Sony execs had gone off the deep end at that point with their crazy plans.

Love that he’s so supportive of Tom taking over as Spider-Man from him, but I can’t wait to see him back in the role one more time in NWH. I think out of all the live action Spider-Man actors we’ve gotten so far, his was the closest to capturing the mouthy, smart alecky voice of comic book Spider-Man.

Andrew seems to be enjoying keeping the secret. But you can see the joy on his face when Spiderman gets brought up. Always looks like he is holding back a huge smile on his face.

Just FYI, that interview is from like 4 years ago, so his involvement with NWH wasn't a thing yet.

Garfield danced around the question of appearing in No Way Home in an interview with Variety. Even after those two leaked images made the rounds.

I didn't know there was a video clip of him on set.

From the same guy who leaked the Tobey and Andrew set pics, yeah.

People are automatically calling it a deep fake (because of another very LQ version being reposted), but analyzing the better quality version you can see Andrew's muscles moving and his mouth movements look normal.

From the same guy who leaked the Tobey and Andrew set pics, yeah.

People are automatically calling it a deep fake (because of another very LQ version being reposted), but analyzing the better quality version you can see Andrew's muscles moving and his mouth movements look normal.

It doesn't look like a deep fake. I expect Sony to start issuing copyright notices soon.

I have seen some people trying to read his lips and think he is saying "so there is no going back?"

Lip movements match GuestStar's suggestion more, and it would make sense given the context of the movie.

I am really looking forward to that scene though. Two great (imo) Spider-Men interacting. :D

Here's to hoping they let Andrew get a scene where he actually acts and he isn't just delegated to "funny Spider-Man" something I fear they may lean heavy into knowing the MCU.

Andrea arguably the best actor of the 3 and his material is TASM2 was abysmal. They really did him dirty..

Funny Spider-man? sounds nothing like Spider-man. just don't watch 95% of any spider-man material

It's real. Anyone still denying it after seeing the clear HD version is just making themselves look foolish by this point.

Spider-Man Twitter is just... wow.

It's real. Anyone still denying it after seeing the clear HD version is just making themselves look foolish by this point.

Spider-Man Twitter is just... wow.

Totally.
That's real .

They're in the film, though I suppose next they'll move the goal post and say "Yeah, but Tobey isn't there! See, he's not in the film !":funny:

I love Andrew's spidey suit. Looks great in that shot.

There are more higher-quality clips of that on youtube.

It’s definitely not a shot from TASM or TASM2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"