Twister Reboot ‘Twisters’ | Universal Pictures

Pennywise

Avenger
Reaction score
Universal Reboots ‘Twister’ With Joseph Kosinski Eyed to Direct – Variety

Universal Pictures is looking to reboot the classic tentpole “Twister,” and looks to have found a director to weather the storm.

Sources tell Variety that Universal Pictures is developing a reboot of the 1996 blockbuster and is in negotiations with “Top Gun: Maverick” helmer Joseph Kosinski to direct.

Frank Marshall will produce the pic and the studio is currently meeting with writers to pen the script.

Plot details are vague on this latest version, but the original film starred Bill Paxton and Helen Hunt, who play storm chasers and a couple on the brink of divorce. They team up to chase tornadoes in order to deliver their advance weather alert system that has to be placed in the path of the Twister.

I hate natural disaster movies so I hope it doesn't become a trend again. The closest thing to this I like is giant monster movies.

RIP Bill Paxton, Phillip Seymour Hoffman and Michael Crichton

Literally the film that restarted the natural disaster blockbusters of the 1990s.

Not sure what you can do in the 2020s to reinvent it.

I'm not interested in this at all... so they're going to be looking for tornadoes and then run away again? :whatever:

There's not really much you can do with this concept, it's basically just; destroy things and show people running/hiding

Wasn’t Into the Storm supposed to be Twister but jacked up to 11?

Yep at least that's what I got from the trailers as well, but that movie ended up being pretty disappointing IMO which is why I don't have too much faith in this reboot.

Joseph Kosinski though? Those tornadoes are going to look dope.

I'm not even the biggest fan of his past films, but if Top Gun: Maverick is anything to go by you could be right.

Tornadoes petrify me. Having said that, I would like to see one in person someday.

Twister is one my favorite 90s movies. Never thought it would get a remake. Not sure how I feel about that but I like the director.

I liked the original but I feel like it was kind of a one-and-done movie. I don’t think you can repeat that, especially when you’ve had so many movies since then to feature tornadoes (maybe none as good but I feel like the thrill has worn off). Hell, we’ve even had tornadoes full of sharks!

Maybe Emily Blunt in the Helen Hunt role.

The fear that I have of these things doesn't to a thrilling viewing experience. Plus, I can't get behind anyone who chases tornadoes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"