• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WandaVision WandaVision General Discussion Thread

Hi guys, not everyone will have seen the Wandavision finale yet so please tag specifics as appropriate or move them to the WV spoiler thread/finale episode thread. I know none of you want to let anything slip by accident and it’s easy to forget which thread you’re in.

My mistake, gents. Thanks for the correction.

38BJCmU.gif

It would've been good if Wanda showed up in the next Spider-Man movie and did a nod to House of M by saying "No more home", thus setting up the title of the film at least in part. Maybe they should've called it that instead of "No Way Home"

Do we think that WandaVision's plot was changed because of Covid or does everyone figure this is what was always going to be the show?

No - most of the show was filmed before the shut down last March - at that time they had already wrapped the Atlanta shoot and still had a month or so in LA - that time was extended a little due to the usual reshoots but I doubt enough to make any major plot changes

Wanda possibly becoming a villain in the next Doctor Strange movie could be a nice change of pace and another, interesting way of solving the "villain problem" of most MCU movies.

Wanda possibly becoming a villain in the next Doctor Strange movie could be a nice change of pace and another, interesting way of solving the "villain problem" of most MCU movies.

She may become an antagonist, but not an outright villain just like Iron Man was the antagonist for Civil War. They've built Wanda up for everyone to fall in love with her and sympathise with her. And we've seen that she is generally a good person despite all her flaws and mistakes. I certainly wouldn't want her to be the villain. I'd rather Dr Strange became the villain if forced to choose between them.

And besides, Loki was the villain and yet he's been turned more into an anti hero as the MCU has progressed. I can also see Marvel doing that with Agatha Harkness as well, given her popularity.

No - most of the show was filmed before the shut down last March - at that time they had already wrapped the Atlanta shoot and still had a month or so in LA - that time was extended a little due to the usual reshoots but I doubt enough to make any major plot changes

Teyonah Parris said that a lot of the sitcom stuff was shot during the Pandemic.

The main reason why I don't want to see Wanda as a villain in Strange 2 is because she's already been a villain in AOU (at least for the first half of that movie). If she faces off against Strange at all I'd rather it be a short skirmish before joining forces like Thor vs. Iron Man in the first Avengers movie. But the "villain problem" of the MCU isn't really a problem anymore. Phase 3 alone gave us some great ones with Thanos, Killmonger, Vulture, and Zemo. Even one-and-done villains like Hela and Ego were pretty good.

I am of the opinion we'll see Monica Rambeau again in the MCU before Captain Marvel 2. Yes, Captain Marvel 2 is the next confirmed appearance for Monica in the MCU, but I'll be shocked if she doesn't show up un-announced in a mid credits or post credits scene somewhere else in the MCU before Captain Marvel 2. Captain Marvel 2 comes out in November 2022, which is 20 months away. That's a long gap between appearances for a brand new superhero. It's not a big deal for an established MCU characters like Thor or Guardians of the Galaxy because we know them, but for Monica it will be a big deal if her next actual appearance is in Captain Marvel 2 with zero appearances in between. Also, Monica has become the new popular character in the MCU so to put her on the shelf for 20 months isn't a good idea. I am 100% certain we'll see Monica again in the MCU before Captain Marvel 2, but only in mid-credits or post credits, which I would be fine with.

I can't believe I'm saying this but they actually made the Scarlet Witch look work.

That tiara is a 10/10.

Incredible costume. Probably the best in the MCU current lineup. Iconic.

****. I can't believe I'm saying this!

I wish that Wanda was getting a 2nd season. While I realise the show is leading into Dr Strange and her story will continue there, it would've been nice to know that she simply jumps back to the big screen for her next big adventure but then returns here to the more intimate setting where we can continue to follow her for further adventures.

It would've been a bit like the X-Files movie which was made between seasons of the show rather than right at the end of the show.

If Spider-Man weren't owned by Sony but fully by Marvel, I would even want him to have a Disney + show in between his bigger movies where it can tell smaller stories that can't be fleshed out on the big screen.

I want both big screen and small screen Wanda.

Matt Shakman was a surprise guest on Fatman Beyond. He shows up around the 35 minute mark. Kevin Smith also had a good rant before that about people who don't like him liking stuff so much.

Have they definitively said that there won't be a season 2?

I ask because, the way the show was left
White Vision having memories back and the kids being out there somewhere
, could easily be explored in a season 2.

Now granted, we don't know what happens in Doctor Strange 2, but I doubt it will address everything from the resolution of this show, however a season 2 certainly could, especially
Wanda and White Vision re-connecting in some way

Have they definitively said that there won't be a season 2?

I ask because, the way the show was left
White Vision having memories back and the kids being out there somewhere
, could easily be explored in a season 2.

Now granted, we don't know what happens in Doctor Strange 2, but I doubt it will address everything from the resolution of this show, however a season 2 certainly could, especially
Wanda and White Vision re-connecting in some way

Feige said that they didn't have plans for a season 2 and that it was always intended to lead back into the movies. But he also said that he's learned with Marvel never to say never.

The thing is that these properties are also driven by money, demand and popularity. Since WandaVision was hugely popular as was Agnes, they can't simply ignore where the money lies and what audiences want to see. Let's say for argument's sake that they always intended a Captain Marvel trilogy but the first one did really badly and no-one was interested. Surely they wouldn't keep pushing that but would concentrate on what produces the most returns and has the most demand. That's what happens with any sequel (whether to greenlight another one or whether to abandon plans).

While WandaVision told a more or less complete arc, it can still come back in some form even if it isn't a complete rehash of more sitcom shenanigans.

Feige said that they didn't have plans for a season 2 and that it was always intended to lead back into the movies. But he also said that he's learned with Marvel never to say never.

The thing is that these properties are also driven by money, demand and popularity. Since WandaVision was hugely popular as was Agnes, they can't simply ignore where the money lies and what audiences want to see. Let's say for argument's sake that they always intended a Captain Marvel trilogy but the first one did really badly and no-one was interested. Surely they wouldn't keep pushing that but would concentrate on what produces the most returns and has the most demand. That's what happens with any sequel (whether to greenlight another one or whether to abandon plans).

While WandaVision told a more or less complete arc, it can still come back in some form even if it isn't a complete rehash of more sitcom shenanigans.

Well yes, that's what I am hoping, they can even re-visit
Agatha/Agnes
and other things the show brought up and didn't fully explore. If MOM is a smash and people want more Wanda, I think they could definitely go into a season 2 and have some strong story lines to explore.

Well yes, that's what I am hoping, they can even re-visit
Agatha/Agnes
and other things the show brought up and didn't fully explore. If MOM is a smash and people want more Wanda, I think they could definitely go into a season 2 and have some strong story lines to explore.

We need more of Wanda as a suburban MOM.

I heard that one of the main criticisms that people had about this show was that Monica didn't do much in WandaVision. To that I say patience. She's going to space and might be able to develop and harness her powers faster than most because of that. I hope by the time Captain Marvel 2 comes around she will be close power-wise to her comic book counterpart.

Other than one site, I can't recall seeing that being a 'main' criticism... Looking forward to seeing her again though.

One thing that's just hit me... Even with me being disappointed at some aspects of the show, I'm REALLY going to miss the Friday excitement of the next episode :(

I'm not really like that for most shows so bloody well done Marvel!

Personally after this show I feel just need more Wanda and Vision in the MCU full stop.

I love Bettany and Olsen as an onscreen pair, but I would prefer that Wanda not try to rekindle her romantic relationship with White Vision. It would seem off to me, like hooking up with her dead husband's twin brother. Like in the comics, Whitey may not have an emotional connection to the all the MCU movie clips in his memory chip. I think its best they both move on, but a future friendship between the two in the MCU would be nice.

If Marvel Studios wants to get the band back together, I could see doing a more straightforward adaption of the Tom King and James Robinson miniseries, with Wanda using her powers to help give White Vision a "normal" family life while she and Agatha go off on a witch road trip.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"