• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

WandaVision WandaVision General Discussion Thread

I love Bettany and Olsen as an onscreen pair, but I would prefer that Wanda not try to rekindle her romantic relationship with White Vision. It would seem off to me, like hooking up with her dead husband's twin brother. Like in the comics, Whitey may not have an emotional connection to the all the MCU movie clips in his memory chip. I think its best they both move on, but a future friendship between the two in the MCU would be nice.

If Marvel Studios wants to get the band back together, I could see doing a more straightforward adaption of the Tom King and James Robinson miniseries, with Wanda using her powers to help give White Vision a "normal" family life while she and Agatha go off on a witch road trip.

I think there is stuff to explore in a season 2 without having to go down the romantic route. Wanda and help
White Vision re-find his humanity and purpose, and fight against the programming Hayward put inside of him
. We absolutely need both of them back in the MCU, but it doesn't have to be in a cliche way or even together in the end.

I do think there is stuff they can explore in a possible season 2 of WandaVision as well though.

I heard that one of the main criticisms that people had about this show was that Monica didn't do much in WandaVision. To that I say patience. She's going to space and might be able to develop and harness her powers faster than most because of that. I hope by the time Captain Marvel 2 comes around she will be close power-wise to her comic book counterpart.
And one of the criticisms of Wanda was she didn't have much to do in any of the Avengers movies. While it would be nice for everyone to get equal time and development, this show was focused on Wanda and Vision.

I am happy Wanda escaped. I think she has punished herself enough and shouldn't be arrested.

Maybe the citizens of Westview can evantually forgive her.

This will probaly make people hate powered people even more.

If somebody controlled you like a puppet for a couple of weeks, would you really want to see that person again? lol

If anything they may have one of the characters want revenge in a future series/movie.

If somebody controlled you like a puppet for a couple of weeks, would you really want to see that person again? lol

If anything they may have one of the characters want revenge in a future series/movie.
I also believe she wasn't in control of her powers. It was being controlled by her emotions.

I also believe she wasn't in control of her powers. It was being controlled by her emotions.

Yeah, but I don't think that matters to the person who'll have decades of therapy bills because of it.

To be honest, I loved all the stuff inside the Westview. The stuff outside of it were so by-the-numbers like any other show that I didn't really muster much interest in those side characters. Everything should have stayed within Westview and we discover things as Wanda/Vision do.

Last edited:
I am happy Wanda escaped. I think she has punished herself enough and shouldn't be arrested.

She's going to be the reason people hate mutants isn't she? So she's going to be the reason the X-Men get persecuted and the Brotherhood of Mutants hate humans.

"Superheroes... cannot be allowed to exist."

That quote leads me to think that if Zemo survives The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, all the way through Avengers 5 that he's going to end up being the right hand man to Kang the Conqueror when Kang faces the Avengers. Zemo is never going to be like Loki (in that Loki aligns himself with the good guys if it benefits him but always a thorn on the side of the good guys) nor will he ever be like Nebula.

She's going to be the reason people hate mutants isn't she? So she's going to be the reason the X-Men get persecuted and the Brotherhood of Mutants hate humans.

That's interesting. If they do make her a mutant and tie them all together that could play into the "hate and fear" angle the X-Men have always had. I'm skeptical they'll make her a mutant in the end though. I think she and Pietro will just end up unrelated to Magneto. She'll be more a magic character than someone that plays in the mutant realm, so to speak.

That would be a good starting point, to be honest. I don't know how are they going to introduce Mutants given everything that has happened so far in the MCU. Have they been in the shadows all this time? I can imagine showing the attack of New York or another big event from their point of view.

I think that the Sokovia Accords will be in even more focus for Phase 4. But it does lead me to think:

if there's another alien threat, will General Ross be able to enforce the accords?

I think that the Sokovia Accords will be in even more focus for Phase 4. But it does lead me to think:

if there's another alien threat, will General Ross be able to enforce the accords?

*cough* The Accords, as they existed in Civil War, are clearly a dead letter in practice based on the events in Endgame and the implicit happenings during the Snap.

i was looking at this site and they say they might make season 2 of it so hopefully they make it after to see how the marvel films goes well if so they will make season 2 in late 2022 heres the site ... WandaVision season 2 release date, cast and more

I don't know if they'll have a Season 2 or not. I would love one. I would even like a full-on WandaVision sitcom without any of the unsettling creepiness but simply them enjoying suburban life with their kids and having standard sitcom plots that are easily resolved in half an hour.

Since the sitcom aspect was one of the standout parts of this show, I don't know if a season 2 would be as successful if it's just a standard Marvel action show. I wouldn't mind if Season 2 was a flashback to other incidents in the Hex that we didn't see so that we could get homages to other sitcoms not covered.

Weren't they mentioned in WandaVision?

In the context of "So what do we do with a dead android". Endgame clearly established that the Avengers were no longer outlaws, nor did they need to get governmental permission for every thing they do. That's why I said "In the manner of Civil War". Are the Accords still on some lawbook? Sure, apparently. But the idea of "Lets bludgeon the Avengers into submission and enslavement" is clearly *not*.

That's not how morality or culpability works. She didn't punish herself. She gave herself things, and hurt more people in the process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"