• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

WandaVision WandaVision: Season 1, episode 4 "We Interrupt This Program" (spoilers)

The first two Thor films were essentially rom coms and the Darcy character fit in perfectly as the wacky bff. Its nice to see she went on with her studies after she left the series!

Though Monica thinks this is all Wanda's doing, someone must have taught Ms. Maximoff how to create and control a pocket reality and reanimate a corpse with its original personality and emotions. So I'm still holding out for at least a co-villain.

I personally still think there must be. Wanda is probably doing some of it by herself but she doesn't *always* seem aware that she's in the reality, though she clearly takes steps to prevent things from going "wrong" with it.

Someone helped Wanda create this for their own plots and plans or is manipulating her. For one thing they wouldn't be "it's all Wanda" at the end of the 4th episode in the middle of the series if that was all it was and she was the only "villain" in her grief and madness.

The "for the children" still strikes me as someone wanting Wanda to create the twins to use their powers and/or get her to recreate Vision/Mind Stone - which we know from the trailers will come in to play somehow.

^She’s not the only villain- if you consider Wanda one atm.

I personally don't consider her one but some people might/do. Antagonist might be a better word, but even then I don't think she's the only one trying to manipulate reality.

So apparently I've been roleplaying as Jimmy Woo on here for the past weeks lol.

Also nice to see he figured out that card magic from Scott and uses it to flash his FBI ID. Great use for it.

I wonder if SWORD director Tyler Hayward will turn out to be a Skrull at some point.

Someone pointed out that Monica flew through 3 walls before going through the barrier into the real world, making that the 4th wall :D.

Apparently the Skrulls are common knowledge among the agencies involved? Jimmy wrote "skrulls" on the whiteboard with theories as to whom might be responsible.

I personally still think there must be. Wanda is probably doing some of it by herself but she doesn't *always* seem aware that she's in the reality, though she clearly takes steps to prevent things from going "wrong" with it.

Someone helped Wanda create this for their own plots and plans or is manipulating her. For one thing they wouldn't be "it's all Wanda" at the end of the 4th episode in the middle of the series if that was all it was and she was the only "villain" in her grief and madness.

The "for the children" still strikes me as someone wanting Wanda to create the twins to use their powers and/or get her to recreate Vision/Mind Stone - which we know from the trailers will come in to play somehow.

Now that we know that the area affected is an exact hexagon and that was the significance of the shape in the openings and endings, I'm gonna say that it's probably something like a huge "magic circle" (or magic hexagon, rather, fitting for hex magic) for ritualistic magic around Westview that's allowing Wanda to do this to the whole area. She probably had help in that from Agatha, a coven of witches, and/or a demon.

Good solid episode. So last week when Ralph said to Vision “we’re all not...” I am assuming he was going to say “we’re all not FROM HERE...” which probably would have raised Vision’s suspicions even further...
That was "Herb" (real name John Collins) btw, not Ralph. We still haven't seen Ralph.

Last edited:
So SWORD has been around for quite some time... didn't see that coming. Wonder why they haven't been involved since now? Maybe that will be explained in Captain Marvel 2.

LOVED zombie Vision. Glad it's confirmed that he is still dead.

Great episode!

Es5dh2GU4AM80AN

Huh? Did the German dubbing studio mess up? (aside from misspelling Larson)

Es5dh2GU4AM80AN

Huh? Did the German dubbing studio mess up? (aside from misspelling Larson)

No. In the very beginning, as Monica is "returning" from the blip, there's a voice over by Capt Marvel saying "When they were handing out kids, they gave her the toughest one."

It’s as if Wanda is living out all her fantasies and “dreams” within a “nightmare”

That's exactly it. This episode was prefect as it starts to bring things into perspective. As well as confirm that post Endgame, Wanda had an emotional breakdown and has trapped an entire town in a reality bending world of a sitcom. Unfortunately she's causing havoc as the field around that place is expanding causing alterations.

Setting up the Multiverse of Madness.

The backstory of Monica being a member of the post snap victims was a nice touch.

S.W.O.R.D debut was an interesting twist, the question is if Maria was one of the founding members then is it possible this was established in the 1990s after Carol Danvers left earth with the skulls refugees?
As stated S.W.O.R.D has had a rebranding since the 5 years later time jump from Sentient World Observation and Response Department to
Sentient Weapon Observation and Response Division.

For the first time Darcy isn't an annoying. And Jimmy Woo is useful

Unexpected shocker highlight Zombie Vision!!! That was a heck of a startling sight

That's exactly it. This episode was prefect as it starts to bring things into perspective. As well as confirm that post Endgame, Wanda had an emotional breakdown and has trapped an entire town in a reality bending world of a sitcom. Unfortunately she's causing havoc as the field around that place is expanding causing alterations.

Setting up the Multiverse of Madness.

The backstory of Monica being a member of the post snap victims was a nice touch.

S.W.O.R.D debut was an interesting twist, the question is if Maria was one of the founding members then is it possible this was established in the 1990s after Carol Danvers left earth with the skulls refugees?
As stated S.W.O.R.D has had a rebranding since the 5 years later time jump from Sentient World Observation and Response Department to
Sentient Weapon Observation and Response Division.

For the first time Darcy isn't an annoying. And Jimmy Woo is useful

Unexpected shocker highlight Zombie Vision!!! That was a heck of a startling sight

Did I miss something? Where did you see/hear that the energy field is expanding and causing alterations?

Damn what a great episode and I was definitely not expecting that opening with the snap, but it was a nice tie-in/callback to the events of IW and EG.

I just love how they are able to connect this stuff to make the MCU feel that much more of a complete universe and this episode was another example of that.

They put alot of respect on Maria too with her being the founder of Sword and now I want to know about what exactly happened after the first Captain Marvel and hopefully they will dive into that in the sequel, especially seeing how Carol would react to all of this.

Teyonah Parris was once again great throughout the whole episode and they somehow managed to actually make me like Darcy and Woo who are two characters I was never big on before, but they had good chemistry.

Zombie Vision was creepy asf though and a part me just feels really bad for Wanda since its obvious by now that she just can't cope with reality anymore.

I'll need to watch it again, but who was the missing person that the FBI had in witness protection? Did they say?

I'll need to watch it again, but who was the missing person that the FBI had in witness protection? Did they say?

No. Woo referred to "he" but we don't have any further info and nothing to say that they identified him. I suspect it might turn out to be rather important one way or another.

Darcy is now an astrophysicist. She is following in Jane's footsteps. She originally majoring in something else.

I’m glad we got a bit of a break from the format of the first 3 episodes.

Woo finally learned that magic trick!

Great episode! Woo mastering the card trick flew right over my head until my friend pointed it out afterwards. Gotta hand it to the mcu, their continuity is tight.

This was a giant step forward and i think it was needed for the people who were losing patience with this show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"