WandaVision WandaVision: Season 1, episode 4 "We Interrupt This Program" (spoilers)

After watching reaction videos it's kinda cool to see a fresh perspective regarding Wanda's psychosis from MCU viewers who mostly know her as a hero.

The juxtaposition of the sheriff saying "WestView doesn't exist" whilst they were stranding right next to the sign saying Westview said that they clearly *should* know about it, they just don't because magic is hiding it and/or reality is being warped.

Just like Woo's WITSEC person who's family, friends and associates had suddenly never heard of him.

Yep, not to mention Monica and Woo looking at the Westview sign while again asking the local sheriff if they hard of it clearly showed to me the locals minds had been altered to believe Westview doesn't exist. I thought this was quite clear personally.

Yep, not to mention Monica and Woo looking at the Westview sign while again asking the local sheriff if they hard of it clearly showed to me the locals minds had been altered to believe Westview doesn't exist. I thought this was quite clear personally.

Thing is the Police Car says East View. So I wonder if it was in the town altered and pushed out like the jump rope or Monica's clothing

a04117d8-6059-4e06-b606-ccde9071b6d0

Thing is the Police Car says East View. So I wonder if it was in the town altered and pushed out like the jump rope or Monica's clothing

a04117d8-6059-4e06-b606-ccde9071b6d0

Yeah I didn't think the sheriff was lying, there is an Eastview and I thought that was the point, how could there be no Eastview without a Westview. The latter exists it's just been wiped from the mind of everyone in the surrounding area. Again hence why Monica was looking at the Westview sign directly while questioning the sheriff.

Any Westview cops would be in the town anyway and will be playing their part.

Yeah I didn't think the sheriff was lying, there is an Eastview and I thought that was the point, how could there be no Eastview without a Westview. The latter exists it's just been wiped from the mind of everyone in the surrounding area. Again hence why Monica was looking at the Westview sign directly while questioning the sheriff.

Not saying your theory is wrong, just want to point out that there's multiple examples of "East" or "West" being part of a town name, without the opposite existing.

Eastchester, NY without a Westchester.
West Chester, PA without a East Chester, PA
North Vernon, IN without a South Vernon, IN

Not saying your theory is wrong, just want to point out that there's multiple examples of "East" or "West" being part of a town name, without the opposite existing.

You know that actor and director Clint Westwood? Me neither. I've only heard of Clint Eastwood. But that could be because there's some mind wipe going on.

I really don't like that they've turned Wanda into some lunatic super thats kidnapping, imprisoning, and harming people just so she can play house with her dead android boyfriend's corpse. At first I was thinking that her being the puppet master could be fun, but then I realized she made Vision's boss choke because he was asking too many questions and she didn't want Vision to get suspicious. Then she let him keep choking while the other woman begged her to stop. This goes beyond Wanda being in denial and is fully into psycho kidnapper territory. The sort of behaviour a person should be locked up for years because of.

Idk maybe thats where they are going and Doctor Strange 2 will start out with Wanda in a psychiatric prison facility and totally coocoo for coco puffs, but I dont want them to cross this line with the character and then act like it can be hand waved away in phase 4. If they are making this bed with this character I want them and the MCU to lie in it for a while.

Last edited:

Depends on how far the hex stretched. Clearly some portion of the US remembers Westview. There are even off ramps on the highway. Jimmy Woo was brought there via a missing persons case where the person remembered Westview. I think even Ep 4 showed a Hexagonal perimeter around the town.

I assumed the gag was they were altered and set out to help keep people from the place. Not that they're lying per se, just altered to act a certain way. Like Wanda did to Tony or Hulk in AoU. Just not sure if it was Wanda that did it. She has no ties to NJ.

I really don't like that they've turned Wanda into some lunatic super thats kidnapping, imprisoning, and harming people just so she can play house with her dead android boyfriend's corpse. At first I was thinking that her being the puppet master could be fun, but then I realized she made Vision's boss choke because he was asking too many questions and she didn't want Vision to get suspicious. Then she let him keep choking while the other woman begged her to stop. This goes beyond Wanda being in denial and is fully into psycho kidnapper territory.
Is that really what's going on though? I'm not sure we have enough information to rule out alternative scenarios.

The first two towns sit in the eastern and western sections of Westchester & Chester counties, respectively. And North Vernon lies north of the town of Verdon. So the directions in the names make sense. And if a police officer standing in front of a North Vernon sign told you that town didn't exist while leaning on a car marked "Vernon Police", you might think something was up.

Is that really what's going on though? I'm not sure we have enough information to rule out alternative scenarios.

Right. I personally don't think they are gonna make Wanda to be the big bad of the show.

I would say that the fact they 'reveal' that its all Wanda's fault, in episode 4 of a 9 episode series? Strongly suggests, on a meta structure level, that it is *not*, in fact, all Wanda's fault. That is not the kind of defining reveal you do this early, not unless its a fakeout.

Woo must've mastered the card trick so thoroughly that he can do it without thinking now while walking, almost like these people who twirl their pens while sitting at their desks.

i'm leaning more and more that wanda blasting monica through the energy field is what gives monica powers.

The opening of the episode felt like the beginning of the Leftovers pilot except people are coming back. FFH sort of undersold the Blip's effects but in this show it's pure chaos.
I mean in FFH we saw the Blip through teenagers' eyes so the way It was shown made sense to me. Besides, there are far too many characters Who were blipped so I Imagine we'll see the aftermath for a bit, most likely in Falcon and WS too.

i'm leaning more and more that wanda blasting monica through the energy field is what gives monica powers.

I think so too. The red glow on her body after she landed was a cool touch.

I really don't like that they've turned Wanda into some lunatic super thats kidnapping, imprisoning, and harming people just so she can play house with her dead android boyfriend's corpse. At first I was thinking that her being the puppet master could be fun, but then I realized she made Vision's boss choke because he was asking too many questions and she didn't want Vision to get suspicious. Then she let him keep choking while the other woman begged her to stop. This goes beyond Wanda being in denial and is fully into psycho kidnapper territory. The sort of behaviour a person should be locked up for years because of.

Idk maybe thats where they are going and Doctor Strange 2 will start out with Wanda in a psychiatric prison facility and totally coocoo for coco puffs, but I dont want them to cross this line with the character and then act like it can be hand waved away in phase 4. If they are making this bed with this character I want them and the MCU to lie in it for a while.
I've read that the overall plot of WandaVision is a synthesis of two stories from the comics,
"House of M" and "The Vision".

Bettany:
My contract was up and I just died twice in “Infinity War” and I got a call from the boss [Kevin Feige] saying, ”Come see me in the office.” I looked at my wife and I think I’m getting canned. I went in and Louis D’Esposito and Kevin Feige were there and I didn’t want anybody to feel uncomfortable so I lead with, “Look, I totally get it. It’s been great. I’ve had a great run, guys.” They were like, “Wait, are you quitting?” And I went, “No, aren’t you firing me?” They said, “No, we’re going to pitch you a TV show.” So I went, “Okay, I’m in!” Then we talked about two comic book stories that I really love: “House of M” and “The Visions,” which is a story about Vision trying to build a family in suburbia and it was sort a mash-up between them, and also with a sort of loving look at American sitcoms throughout the American century. I was like, “I’m in!”
WandaVision's Paul Bettany on Marvel's New Disney Plus Series - Variety

Obviously, this doesn't mean everyone has to like it, but at least it has some basis in the comics.

I mean in FFH we saw the Blip through teenagers' eyes so the way It was shown made sense to me. Besides, there are far too many characters Who were blipped so I Imagine we'll see the aftermath for a bit, most likely in Falcon and WS too.
I saw a pretty interesting interview with Feige the other day

he says basically they were going to move on quickly from the blip because he didnt want it to become another Battle of NY where it got name dropped constantly afterwards

but because of Covid, theyre now thinking that everyone has a really potent real world analog of what that would be like, so they plan on exploring it in more depth

So I wonder if the scene of Monica coming back was done after quarantine to add a little dramatic weight and start exploring it in a more mature way

he says basically they were going to move on quickly from the blip because he didnt want it to become another Battle of NY where it got name dropped constantly afterwards

but because of Covid, theyre now thinking that everyone has a really potent real world analog of what that would be like, so they plan on exploring it in more depth

So I wonder if the scene of Monica coming back was done after quarantine to add a little dramatic weight and start exploring it in a more mature way

Marvel could make a series set during that 5 year period after the Snap. It would be interesting to see that and how people adjust to that and eventually to the Blip.

I think references to the Blip were set in Stone for some of the movies/TV shows, I mean It would be weird if Sam and Bucky didn't bring It up in their show considering they both disappeared. But yeah they'll likely dig a little more in it due to what we've been living in the Last year.

Is there a link to this video with Feige?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"