WandaVision WandaVision: Season 1, episode 4 "We Interrupt This Program" (spoilers)

After watching this episode again, I have a different theory about the sheriffs "amnesia" and not remembering Westview. I don't think they have amnesia at all, in fact. He specifically states that he's from Eastview. I think Westview IS Eastview. I excepted him to pull out a map (or GPS on his phone), and show Woo and Monica like "this is where we are. The town here is suppose to be Eastview, not Westview." I think Wanda (or the still unrevealed villian) intentionally turned Eastview into Westview. Hope I didn't confuse anybody.

My take was that Eastview is the longtime high school football rival and partner in both a recycling facility and municipal water plant with their neighbor, Westview. The fact that the sheriff couldn't recall this town despite their long, shared history, and the town's welcome sign being directly behind him, shows how powerful the person or people responsible for this anomaly are.

My take was that Eastview is the longtime high school football rival and partner in both a recycling facility and municipal water plant with their neighbor, Westview. The fact that the sheriff couldn't recall this town despite their long, shared history, and the town's welcome sign being directly behind him, shows how powerful the person or people responsible for this anomaly are.

That's just it though, he didn't act like someone with amnesia that couldn't recall something. He plainly stated "it doesn't exist." To me that says that Westview is a fictitious place that never used to be there.

That's just it though, he didn't act like someone with amnesia that couldn't recall something. He plainly stated "it doesn't exist." To me that says that Westview is a fictitious place that never used to be there.
No. Jimmy Woo had a witness in protection hiding/living in Westview. He wasn’t able to contact him, and when he reached out to relatives and known associates none of them had ever heard of him.

The “spell” seems to remove the memory of Westview and anyone living in it from the memory of people with close personal connections to it/them.

So local people and towns near Westview don’t remember it and say it never existed. Anyone with a close relationship with people inside don’t remember them. But the larger world knows Westview should be there. And someone like Jimmy, who had only a professional association with the hiding witness (maybe he never personally met him) still remembers him. This is likely some form of “magic” so the logic can be flexible.

The local law enforcement were awfully calm considering their municipality no longer existed. If Westview replaced Eastview, where were they clocking out at the end of their shifts? Where were they going home to at night if their homes now lay within an energy field?

The mention of Eastview was there to show the viewers that the officers of the law had been bamboozled. Westview doesn't exist, but you guys are from Eastview? Sounds fishy to me.

I see where you're coming from. That makes sense. I just didn't interpret it that way.

The local law enforcement were awfully calm considering their municipality no longer existed. If Westview replaced Eastview, where were they clocking out at the end of their shifts? Where were they going home to at night if their homes now lay within an energy field?

The mention of Eastview was there to show the viewers that the officers of the law had been bamboozled. Westview doesn't exist, but you guys are from Eastview? Sounds fishy to me.
I was dying for Monica or Jimmy to ask them what the Westview sign was referring to! It was right there in plain sight.

Those don't appear at all in the WandaVision forum no matter which thread display option I select. It only shows 20 threads and will say eg "showing threads 1-10 of 20" or "11-20 of 20".

It's as if they simply don't exist or are hidden by some kind of cloaking device or forcefield like Westview.
That's...really bizarre. What thread do you see underneath the "Paul Bettany is Vision" thread?

Is anyone else not seeing the threads for Episodes 1 & 2?

After watching this episode again, I have a different theory about the sheriffs "amnesia" and not remembering Westview. I don't think they have amnesia at all, in fact. He specifically states that he's from Eastview. I think Westview IS Eastview. I excepted him to pull out a map (or GPS on his phone), and show Woo and Monica like "this is where we are. The town here is suppose to be Eastview, not Westview." I think Wanda (or the still unrevealed villian) intentionally turned Eastview into Westview. Hope I didn't confuse anybody.
Or Wanda is scrambling people’s minds and making Westview invisible to them, and in fact even further than that, they believe they are actually from a nonexistent place named Eastview.
At least, that’s my take on it.

Or Wanda is scrambling people’s minds and making Westview invisible to them, and in fact even further than that, they believe they are actually from a nonexistent place named Eastview.
At least, that’s my take on it.

This was exactly what I thought.

That's...really bizarre. What thread do you see underneath the "Paul Bettany is Vision" thread?

Is anyone else not seeing the threads for Episodes 1 & 2?

I see the "Rate the WandaVision trailer". And above that is the Rotten Tomatoes thread.

Why is the same invisibility going on in this series also happening in these forums? :huh:

I also feel like although this last episode pulled back a curtain, I feel like it was given early because there is easily another curtain.

Like in “Knives Out”... A donut hole in a donuts hole that’s actually it’s own smaller donut so our donut isn’t whole at all! :)

There could very easily be someone else involved in this. Although I can't help but think that Wanda isn't being messed with in the same way as others in that field and that she went into this intentionally. So I can't help but feel she is as culpable even if not as powerful as the person doing all this. At the very least she is out of control and isn't going to end this herself. Which leaves it in an awkward position since she can just rewind Vision if he tries to talk her down.

Good thing this kind of incident is likely to be kept in some secret government file and not revealed to the public. Her personal reputation took a serious hit in Civil War. But I can only imagine the reaction to her being involved in kidnapping thousands of people and brainwashing them.

This was a good episode in terms of revealing the bigger picture even if it isn't a complete picture yet.

I wouldn't mind seeing a recut version of WandaVision once the series is finished where it starts with this episode and everything takes place chronologically.

So it starts with the Blip and maybe has footage of Wanda telling Thanos he took everything from her. Then Wanda talking to Hawkeye. Then Monica being assigned to investigate the missing town.

Once Monica gets sucked in, it then cuts to the first episode interspersed with Darcy and Jimmy watching. Then it progresses to episode 2 and Jimmy trying to contact Wanda, then episode 3 where Monica is ejected.

That would only work as an alternate cut if people weren't watching for the first time with the mystery playing out but more as a repeat viewing to watch from another perspective.

I was also confused by the whole “Westview doesn’t exist” scene. Did the sheriffs see the sign and town and were saying the town didn’t exist before, or did they think they were standing in the middle of an open road and couldn’t see any of it? It wasn’t made clear.

I was also confused by the whole “Westview doesn’t exist” scene. Did the sheriffs see the sign and town and were saying the town didn’t exist before, or did they think they were standing in the middle of an open road and couldn’t see any of it? It wasn’t made clear.
They are being affected by magic. Normal logic doesn’t apply.

I love the fact the show is getting a bit more sinister after that upbeat, cosy sitcom tone of the first few episodes. Also love to see SWORD involvement.

My interpretation was that its existence (along with its residents) was wiped from their minds as you could clearly see the town in the background and the sign for it, but not as it exists in Wanda's reality. A bit like in the live action Beauty and the Beast where the townspeople forgot all about the castle and the residents who lived there (including their own family in some cases)

That was my thought. Could be wrong!

Well things got dark and Wanda started to remind me of Disassembled Wanda

The juxtaposition of the sheriff saying "WestView doesn't exist" whilst they were stranding right next to the sign saying Westview said that they clearly *should* know about it, they just don't because magic is hiding it and/or reality is being warped.

Just like Woo's WITSEC person who's family, friends and associates had suddenly never heard of him.

The opening of the episode felt like the beginning of the Leftovers pilot except people are coming back. FFH sort of undersold the Blip's effects but in this show it's pure chaos.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"