• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WandaVision WandaVision: Season 1, episode 4 "We Interrupt This Program" (spoilers)

If you are referring to the leaks from today, I don't think that's confirmation.

Spoilers for upcoming episodes
If anything, it leads more credence to the rumor than Evan Peter's character is disguised as Quicksilver and is really someone else like Mephisto

He’s not. He’s legitimately from the Foxverse, although I don’t know exactly the context. As for mephisto- everyone seems to be pointing him out (for good reason) but I’ve heard who actually is the big bad.

I saw the leaked screenshot. If you've been speculating at a certain direction, it might not spoil too much.

Rewatched the episode a bit earlier and got me wondering about Agent Franklin, the bee keeper, that snuck into Westview via the sewers

Anyone have any idea what could have happened to him?

He’s not. He’s legitimately from the Foxverse, although I don’t know exactly the context. As for mephisto- everyone seems to be pointing him out (for good reason) but I’ve heard who actually is the big bad.
it looks like someone is dressing up as Quicksilver. Mephisto, Pandemonium, Chthon. Who have you heard is the big bad?

You hear a lot of things, Justice4#Rouge. But you‘re just playing safe and it’s just hints. Be a little more concrete, than we know in a month if it was real or not :D: :cwink:

Back to the topic: who do you think is the person in the witness protection program?
If Jimmy Woo is involved, it‘ll be „just a normal“ ungifted human. And if this is set 2 weeks after the Endgame battle, than it couldn’t be someone who re-blipped...because, what could‘ve he/she done in two weeks?

Yea but how would he have knowledge of Vision being dead? Plus as much as Quicksilver is known for being a dick, I don't see him making a morbid comment like that.

I love how they make even the little things pay off. It shows they appreciate the more obsessive fans who remember all the details.

What if he still hadn't mastered the trick after all this time? That could've been a possibility. Maybe they wanted to make him seem more competent and cooler this time round.

Episode 4 was a good shift in perspective that I think really opened up the show in a way it needed to. It added a lot more intrigue, and that was a great way to open up showing Monica coming back from the Hulk snap.

That said, while I like Randall Park and all, his Jimmy Woo is little more than a comic relief type character and shares little resemblance to the Jimmy Woo of the comics.

Watched it again last night and caught a couple of things but mostly remembered Woo said the "missing persons" doesn't exist but he's in the witness protection program? He said something along the lines of none of them existing.

it looks like someone is dressing up as Quicksilver. Mephisto, Pandemonium, Chthon. Who have you heard is the big bad?

Considering that Malcom In. The Middle was important to the vibes/making of this show... I heard Cranston is Ralph/The Devil.

If no-one remembers the inhabitants of Westview, what if the same applies to mutants in the world? Maybe they've always existed, but somehow no-one remembers them because of some collective mind wipe occurring in a similar way to what has happened with Westview.

So perhaps at the end of WandaVision (or Dr Strange 2) when Wanda comes round and snaps out of her breakdown, all the mutants will actually reappear (like the people of Westview) and everyone will remember them.

Considering that Malcom In. The Middle was important to the vibes/making of this show... I heard Cranston is Ralph/The Devil.

if true, than one of my fancastings come to life.
But the 00‘s era is more inspired by Modern Family and The Office

I personally still think there must be. Wanda is probably doing some of it by herself but she doesn't *always* seem aware that she's in the reality, though she clearly takes steps to prevent things from going "wrong" with it.

Someone helped Wanda create this for their own plots and plans or is manipulating her. For one thing they wouldn't be "it's all Wanda" at the end of the 4th episode in the middle of the series if that was all it was and she was the only "villain" in her grief and madness.

The "for the children" still strikes me as someone wanting Wanda to create the twins to use their powers and/or get her to recreate Vision/Mind Stone - which we know from the trailers will come in to play somehow.

Likewise. There are too many elements of the altered reality that Wanda seems ignorant, curious, or creeped out about for it to all be her own intentional creation. Even in the most recent scene, note that Wanda herself didn't notice anything wrong with Monica until after *she* broke theme. . . in pretty much the same way everyone else follows the script until something disrupts it. Which suggests, at least to me, that Wanda's mind has been altered in much the same way as everyone else.

That makes sense actually. Paul Bettany said that there's an actor that is in this who hasn't leaked yet but he's wanted to work with for ages. Evan Peter's involvement is well known in this, plus he's not as big a name actor as Cranston.

So SWORD has been around for quite some time... didn't see that coming. Wonder why they haven't been involved since now? Maybe that will be explained in Captain Marvel 2.

LOVED zombie Vision. Glad it's confirmed that he is still dead.

Great episode!

Don't forget the time jump from the Snap. SWORD could have been founded some time after SHIELD disbanded post Winter Soldier, and still have several years of activity pre-Snap, then five years of Snap activity before the present. Note that SWORD is clearly a much smaller organization with fewer resources than SHIELD at its peak, as evidenced by the investigation team at Westview being led by SWORD, but composed of people from a whole bunch of agencies plus outside experts.

My own guestimate: SWORD started as a "look, lets at least plan for another alien invasion" agency post WS, being one of the more inarguably valid duties SHIELD used to have. Following Civil War and the total disaster of Ross and his Accords enforcement, it eventually took on at least some more general former-SHIELD type duties, but with a lot less centralized authority and power. Then, following the Snap, it probably picked up a ton of "Look, we really actually should work with the Avengers" policy predilections, hence the various Avengers-friendly figures involved in it.

I swear to god if we end up seeing the "real" version of Westview where it's just Wanda surrounded by a bunch of corpses laughing and talking to herself, I will lose my **** haha.

I'm not completely set on the idea but maybe her (potentially) manipulating dead vision, he's her conscious and is asking the questions her fairytale side is trying to ignore...

But counterpoint, maybe he's not like that in her reality, and because Monica reminder her of reality when she mentioned ultron, Wanda just had a vision (sorry) of him as he was when he died....

So many juicy ways this can play!!!

My guess: whatever is messing with Wanda's head has erased the memory of Vision dying. She flashed to zombie Vision because Monica's breaking of the illusion did more than just trigger a defensive action by Wanda, it also broke through *her* memory blocks, at least for a bit.

if true, than one of my fancastings come to life.
But the 00‘s era is more inspired by Modern Family and The Office
Well, the writers said they’re inspired by Malcom... overall. Even though each episode has a different decade of inspiration(s) specific to that decade.

Last edited:
Rewatched the episode a bit earlier and got me wondering about Agent Franklin, the bee keeper, that snuck into Westview via the sewers

Anyone have any idea what could have happened to him?

I wonder that, too. It could simply be an oversight, but I doubt it. My guess is, his fate is tied to whatever the "real villain" is. Note the different response, where he was rewound, while Monica was blasted out. Random guess: he was weird and indistinguishable enough that the Real Villain(tm) could just compel Wanda to rewind, and nobody would be the wiser. With "Geraldine", Wanda had a personal relationship with her already, and there was no way to simply paper that over without causing obvious cracks. Thus, the best the RV could do is invoke Wanda's paranoia, with the downside being that *Wanda* picked the response. Hence Monica being sent outside Westview, rather than. . . banished/imprisoned/whatever happened to Agent Franklin.

Great episode. Loved the angle of showing things from a different perspective and how it all came together.

Also that opening - the undoing of the blip - was great. Kinda strange to think that as we watched that and saw Monica return, the events of Endgame were unfolding elsewhere; Hulk had just snapped his fingers and Thanos was about to launch weapons at the Avengers HQ

Don't forget the time jump from the Snap. SWORD could have been founded some time after SHIELD disbanded post Winter Soldier, and still have several years of activity pre-Snap, then five years of Snap activity before the present. Note that SWORD is clearly a much smaller organization with fewer resources than SHIELD at its peak, as evidenced by the investigation team at Westview being led by SWORD, but composed of people from a whole bunch of agencies plus outside experts.

My own guestimate: SWORD started as a "look, lets at least plan for another alien invasion" agency post WS, being one of the more inarguably valid duties SHIELD used to have. Following Civil War and the total disaster of Ross and his Accords enforcement, it eventually took on at least some more general former-SHIELD type duties, but with a lot less centralized authority and power. Then, following the Snap, it probably picked up a ton of "Look, we really actually should work with the Avengers" policy predilections, hence the various Avengers-friendly figures involved in it.

Creepy Acting Director Guy said that Maria "built this place from the ground up" and that Monica "grew up here". So counting back from 2023 I'd subtract 5 blip years plus another 20. That facility didn't exactly pop up overnight. I'd put the founding of SWORD at around 1998, three years or so after the events of Captain Marvel. From what CADG said, they were solely focused on space pre blip then turned to earth concerns, likely in part due to the vacuum created after the fall of SHIELD.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"