Infinity War Well...I Was Born Yesterday - The Vision Thread!

Well, he was heavily injured.

I understand, but I still didn't like it notice I didn't use the word "nerfed" I didn't say he was weak I said he was useless.

Vision being injured almost the whole film was annoying to me, especially after he was underutilized in Civil War. I wanted to see some badass phasing scenes and density increased attacks like when he spiked Thor out of the air in Avengers: EMH.

On Vision in this movie:

I can't say that I was invested in Vision and Wanda's relationship. It seemed they REALLY wanted us to buy it but it hadn't matured in front of our eyes. Lots talked about, very little really shown. That stated I am invested in VISION himself and what was established before and his willingness to sacrifice himself here endeared him to me all the more. So on that level, how Vision was handled still worked for me even if I cared more about his death in and of itself than what his death will do to Wanda.

Vision being injured almost the whole film was annoying to me, especially after he was underutilized in Civil War.

Same here.

His early on serious wounding leaving him unable to phase and the lack of use of the mind stone against his enemies was disappointing.

So far he's had way too little action to demonstrate the character and also too little for a character who openly wields an Infinity Stone.

I understand, but I still didn't like it notice I didn't use the word "nerfed" I didn't say he was weak I said he was useless.

Vision being injured almost the whole film was annoying to me, especially after he was underutilized in Civil War. I wanted to see some badass phasing scenes and density increased attacks like when he spiked Thor out of the air in Avengers: EMH.

Same here :csad:

So disappointed in Vision's role in this film, he got a good amount of screentime and his relationship with Wanda was a highlight but he was so useless in battle.

I kinda agree with you - tag those spoilers though! ;)

It does seem like Vision's best action scenes were in AOU and even those were brief.

From a plot perspective though:

Vision being taken out of the picture did make the Avengers situation a little more desperate. They could've used another powerhouse out there on the battlefield.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31hGnh7elAU

There's some hope for Vision to play a decent sized role in Avengers 4. I think every1 knows he still hasn't really been done justice in any film and if you go to 31:00, the screenwriters clearly can't answer the Vision question posed by the inteviewer. This makes me think something is happening with him

Vision will kick butt in A4, and this should be the biggest clue for that:

928750-warlock_v2___06___44.jpg

I'm in the camp that thinks Vision will get a big moment in Avengers 4.

They said so many times in so many different ways that Vision might be able to exist without the stone, and they went to the trouble of leaving his body intact when he died the second time. In a movie that didn't have all that much obvious foreshadowing of what would happen in the next movie, it's all like putting a big flashing "VISION IS COMING BACK WITHOUT THE STONE" sign over everything. They don't usually set up something that blatantly if they don't intend to pay it off.

I think Vision is a character who has not been very well served by the Russo/Markus/McFeely team, or at least they weren't able to live up to Avengers: Age of Ultron where he was the best-reviewed and best-regarded character in the film. Some of this is just that he and the Scarlet Witch have played most of their scenes with non-superhumans and so the creators are always looking for excuses to keep them from cutting loose. This has hit Vision harder than Wanda, partly because the plot of Infinity War required him to be at less than full power and constantly in need of protection.

But since they try to give everyone at least one "YEAH!" moment I figure that is coming up.

I actually liked some of vision's scenes in Civil War. His fight with Hawkeye shows how powerful he is, but I also liked how Clint showed his prowess on how a average Joe could do battle with someone with god like powers.

There was a cut scene from AoU when Vision was born that shows more of a fight between Vision and the Avengers before he comes to his senses, I wish they had left that in. You can see a rough cut of it online, without finish effects.

When Wanda blew up Vision, he was dead. Then Thanos brought him back and took the Mind Stone out of his head. I think the Mind Stone was just a battery, and if you insert a new battery Vision then he will come on again. I think Shuri will totally upgrade Vision and he will be better than he was before.

What I did like about Visions role was though, despite him being severely injured from early on, he never shirks away from the fight, and always puts the safety of the others and the rest of humanity above his own.

I do want to see him get a moment next movie, but on my 2nd viewing of IW his role didn’t disappoint me as much.

What I did like about Visions role was though, despite him being severely injured from early on, he never shirks away from the fight, and always puts the safety of the others and the rest of humanity above his own.

I do want to see him get a moment next movie, but on my 2nd viewing of IW his role didn’t disappoint me as much.

I would just have rather seen him do all that with the use of his regular powers. Would rather have him fight Proxima Midnight alone quite successfully while using his flight and phasing and then get stabbed by Corvus in the back so that we at least get to see it a bit. Near the end of the film he stabbed Corvus Glaive at the end after pushing him over the balcony but that was all regular power-brawler skills rather than Vision-specific. Would have also been nice to see him finish Glaive with one final blast from the Mind Stone.

When Wanda blew up Vision, he was dead. Then Thanos brought him back and took the Mind Stone out of his head. I think the Mind Stone was just a battery, and if you insert a new battery Vision then he will come on again. I think Shuri will totally upgrade Vision and he will be better than he was before.

His corpse is already in the jungles of Wakanda so seems likely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"