What Was the Last Movie You Watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1566582-b.jpg

Retro Review

Striking Distance

Still one of my guilty pleasures.
When Bruce Willis looked like he actually cared and Sarah Jessica Parker was at the height of her super powers.
The banter between the characters is great from salty to absolutely hilarious put downs. The action sequences are fun too_Oh and it's also fun to see the bad wigs they put on Parker and terrible toupee's they put on Willis.
It's cheesy around the edges but still fun.Cant believe so much of the cast has passed away
RIP to Dennis Farina,Brion James,Robert Joseph Pastorelli and John Mahoney

Scale of 1 to 10 an 8

CRISIS

Traffic in the Opiod Era

PRAISE: Nicholas Jarecki's film about A drug trafficker organizing a smuggling operation while a recovering addict seeks the truth behind her son's disappearance.
has its moments. Good performances are turned in by Gary Oldman,Armie Hammer,Evangeline Lilly
Greg Kinnear,Michelle Rodriguez,Luke Evans and Lily-Rose Depp
I liked the ensemble of so many great character actors
It's a great looking film that captures the frustrations of having a family member that's an addict.The dangers of trying to bring down drug smugglers,pursuing justice and the lengths a parent will go through for some type of justice.
I also liked the focus on pharmaceutical companies that will do anything they can to have drugs approved even though they cut corners that could be dangerous with big smug smiles on their faces.

PROBLEMS: At times I felt the film could have been more involving and more intense.I wanted to see more from certain characters

Scale of 1 to 10 a 7½

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"