What's the last commentary you listened to?

JTStarkiller

Sidekick
Reaction score
Let's see how long this goes on. Inspired by the last movie/tv show/comic threads... what is the last DVD commentary you listened to? Feel free to give your thoughts on it as well.

I just finished the philosophers commentary on The Matrix, and am about to start Reloaded. I watched the critics first a few months ago, because why end on them? :)

West and Wilber have many interesting things to say, so I strongly recommend them.

This wasn't very educational but it was the Click commentary from the director and Adam Sandler.

I will say this the best dvd commentary movies have to be The Lord Of The Rings Box set extended versions and Pirates Of The Caribbean 1. I usually look for commentary on dvd movie but will buy a dvd without if i really liked teh movie ofcourse.

Frankenhooker dvd commentary.

Saw 2,it was pretty funny. It kind of helped ease the tension a little on the
pit of needle scene

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang commentary...absolutely hilarious with Val Kilmer and Robert Downey Jr.

Ran-Stephen Prince (author of 'The Warrior's Camera')

<(o_o)> said:
Frankenhooker dvd commentary.

my ex took my frankenhooker dvd when we were splitting up our stuff...the worse part is she gave me the case..but with lethal weapon 4 in it...i was pissed when i realized it...but by then she was too far away to do anything about it....still pissed about it...grrr.

ps...last commentary i watched was a futurama disc....those commentaries are gold.

Just finished Reloaded with the philosophers. Great, as expected.

I just wathced Frequency with commentary by Toby and Noah Emmerach. It wasn't bad but it was strange because past the halfway point Noah had to leave to go to an appointment. I was thinking "they couldn't find 2 hours of free time to record the damn commentary for their movie?"

John Carpenter and Kurt Russel's commentary on Big Trouble in Little China. awsome.

Brett Ratner, Simon Kinberg, and Zak Penn's commentary on X-Men: The Last Stand. They sound absolutely immature. :o

JustABill said:
Brett Ratner, Simon Kinberg, and Zak Penn's commentary on X-Men: The Last Stand. They sound absolutely immature. :o

they sound like my firends and i on that commentary. which isn't good

Just got done listening to both commentaries on Gojira (The American version and the Japanese version). Pretty damn informative.

The last was... commentary for Kingdom of Heaven: Director's Cut.

JustABill said:

Would you had rather they been boring? They did act kind of goofy but they did occasionally same some things about the movie making process. For what it is worth I found it entertaining.

BloodyWolverine said:
This wasn't very educational but it was the Click commentary from the director and Adam Sandler.

I will say this the best dvd commentary movies have to be The Lord Of The Rings Box set extended versions and Pirates Of The Caribbean 1. I usually look for commentary on dvd movie but will buy a dvd without if i really liked teh movie ofcourse.

I agree with you there. I especially like the cast commentary for LOTR.

About two years ago. Sandra Bullock on Miss Congeniality.
My dad put it in. :o

I don't listen to commentary. It's boring. Usually the good factoids get posted on iMDB anyway. :o

JustABill said:

It wasnt that bad. To me it sounded like that really had it out with the studio over some stuff. I will admit at times it was goofy but it wasnt horrible.

Venture Bros.-Midlife Chrysalis (Season 1, Episode 3)

Does a TV show commentary count? I recently listened to commentary from stars and writers from the LOST episode The Whole Truth, the one where Sun finds out she´s pregnant. Pretty fun, Daniel Dae Kim has a pretty cool sense of humor.

The best commentary on the x-men 3 dvd was with Ralph Winter, Loren Shular Donner, and Avi Arad. They seemed to not rule out and x-men 4 even though Ratner obviously hadn't got message that The producers were hinting at.

Writers often crack jokes on dvd commentary for there the less serious ones on the set. I just think Brett is an ass and the writers got stuck with him.

The producers is what the x-men universe lives on by and well they seemed optimistic about an x-men 4. Ofcourse in the x-men comics mutants die and come back all the time. So Ratner clearly has no idea what x-men is but i am sure that Zak Penn and Simon Berg were like we were stuck with this moron.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"