• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

What Was the Last Movie You Watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mortal Kombat

Mortal & Mediocre

PRAISE: If you ever loved video games like Mortal Kombat and Pit Fighter like I did you will find things to like and cheer about in this 2021 film version of the game.
The story : Hunted by the fearsome warrior Sub-Zero, MMA fighter Cole Young finds sanctuary at the temple of Lord Raiden. Training with experienced fighters Liu Kang, Kung Lao and the rogue mercenary Kano, Cole prepares to stand with Earth's greatest champions to take on the enemies from Outworld in a high-stakes battle for the universe.

I got a lot of laughs out of this one especially from Josh Lawson as Kano from beginning to end his character was entertaining .Some truly funny and salty one liners are coupled with the fight sequences.
Other actors do their best to represent the popular characters in the game.
I admire their commitment to the choreography in the fight scenes.
There are plenty of good kills that are not for the faint of heart and tons of fan service. The sets and SFX were pretty good.
Honorable Mention to Sisi Stringer as Mileena you gave it to them nice and nasty !!

PROBLEMS: Nothing about the plot really grabbed me. The animated Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge actually had a more involving plot .There is a cheesiness that envelopes the movie and it comes through via the acting especially when actors try to deliver lines with urgency but sound like they are reading their lines off a teleprompter.
It's funny how it's stated over and over again how characters have to reach a level of Chi or whatever to get their full powers but it seemed pretty simple to attain by just doing something simple.
With the characters that keep popping up throughout the movie I was actually shocked they left some out.

Scale of 1-10 a 6

I THINK WE'RE ALONE NOW (2018) Starring Peter Dinklsge, Elle Fanning, and Paul Giamati. One day without warning or explanation every human dies....except for Del (Dinklage)....he lived a quiet life working in his small town library...and now he spends his days going house to house taking the dead to a field for burial and cleaning up any messes they left behind. One day he is surprised when Grace (Fanning) shows up and disrupts his quiet routine.
715Zv-IyGuL._SL1500_.jpg

Ghost Storm
An action packed chase led by Hal and Ashley to save the people on this small island from a strange electrical storm which is led by angry souls from a mass suicide looking for revenge.

I was hoping this would be one of those so dumb it's 'good' horrors. Unfortunately, it's so dumb it's dumb. 2/10

Did a horror double-bill on Fri night with Brightburn (watched before, great on 2nd watch, improved for me from the first watch) and first-time watch of The Nun, which was hugely disappointing.

they are such classics I always loved when they pranked the a hole superiors lol

dunno the epoxy resin in the hair shampoo causing the guy to get his hands stuck in the hair and he he was blind from soap in his eye and he left the shower and went out into the hall lol

p27496_p_v8_aab5cf355fc5fb3514.jpg

Decent slow burn thriller that's as much about a small, peaceful Mormon town coming to terms with the ugliness of the world they've tried to keep at bay.

6.5/10

MindGamesDVD.jpg

Dreary British serial killer flick that was probably made for a Sunday night on ITV.

5/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"