• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

What Was the Last Movie You Watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.
91Faer16NXL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Part thriller and part character examination with a strong performance from Clint.

7.5/10

Spiral: From the Book of Saw

More laughs than scares

PRAISE: I cant believe it's been 4 years since the last SAW movie because the fims used to hit theatres every year.One of the good things about this horror flick is that Chris Rocks finger prints as producer are all over it.His brand of humor is infused in this movie about Detective Ezekiel "Zeke" Banks and his rookie partner take charge of an investigation into grisly murders that are eerily reminiscent of the city's gruesome past.
There are some good kills and laughs and sprinkle in some Samuel L Jackson for some trademark MF moments.
Gore is drawn out just enough to make the audience cringe and squirm.

PROBLEMS: Far to predictable, after 45 minutes it was obvious who the "new" Jigsaw was.Rocks acting was way off and forced in this one.
There is a hollow and amateurish feel to the whole movie. It felt like I was watching a low budget horror flick that pops up on The Movie Channel or SyFy.
All to brief moments from Mrs Jackson

Scale of 1 to 10 a 6½

Rurouni Kenshin "Final"
Rurouni Kenshin "The Beginning"

*I wrote my review on the movies on Misc.Comic Book forums.

I agree with your ratings exactly for the first two. Doesn't exactly bode well for the third!

Yeah I just wasn’t feeling it like the first two. I did watch the first two right before I saw the third so I could have been tired and cranky (watched it late night). I’ll probably watch it again before it leaves HBO Max to see if my mood at the time affected my opinion of the movie? I hope so because I really wanted to like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"