Where are all the Marvel games??

And speaking of which, how soon we can realistically expect an X-Men game? Will they wait for the MCU reboot? =(

Insomniac is doing the Wolverine game, and that's about it for now. I'm sure another X-Men game will happen down the line, but it could be a while.

If Marvel's X-Men ends up as the follow up for Marvel's Wolverine.

I think it would be out around 2027 to 2029, with the usual 3 to 4 years gap between Insomniac games.

I doubt Insomniac is going to do an X-men game. And I don't think they would be a good fit.

Which studio would be a good fit though? A lot of third party studios (the big ones) probably don't want to license a Marvel ip.

Insomniac is on its 4th Marvel game. The other recent studios that worked on Marvel games, either had dismal sales or the game just wasn't good at all.

Get the guys who did that Gollum game.

nah I’m just kidding. Sorry no idea. Even if a company makes a great game you’re not going to know if they can do it again until you play it.

Insomniac has a good track record. So they would be my pick. Rockstar won't make a Marvel game so I won't even suggest that.

Time will tell if Marvel's Wolverine is as good as the previous ones. Marvel's X-Men though, i can see it being more challenging with several playable characters, if they tackle on that. Spider-Man 2 has 4 playable characters.

Which studio would be a good fit though? A lot of third party studios (the big ones) probably don't want to license a Marvel ip.

Insomniac is on its 4th Marvel game. The other recent studios that worked on Marvel games, either had dismal sales or the game just wasn't good at all.

Ultimate Alliance 3 sold over a million last checked in 2019. And lets not use Square Enix expectations for how well GOTG sold.

Ultimate Alliance 3 sold over a million last checked in 2019. And lets not use Square Enix expectations for how well GOTG sold.
You mean this? If its own publisher sees it an underperformer, it is an underperformer.

Is 1 million sales even successful? I know games that sold five times more and doesn't get a follow up.and I'm pretty sure Ive seen MUA3 in a lot of articles and videos as a disappointing game as well.

Square Enix has stupid expectations for games. And yes, 1 million on a single system is good.

Even if I consider 1 million sales "good", Ultimate Alliance: The Black Order has a Metacritic rating of 73. I've watched the whole walk through of that game, and imo, it is way inferior to the previous MUA games.

Yeah pretty happy with that list. Of course an xmen game would be cool but they probably want to tie that into the movies

Marvel's Wolverine
Marvel's Iron Man
Marvel's Black Panther
Marvel's Captain America & Black Panther
Marvel's Blade

Coming soon!
Good to have a whole bunch of Marvel games in development at the same time. Just need them to be good and successful now and there will be many more possibilities down the road (including X-Men). I hope they realise Avengers can also be very successful if you don't force a bunch of elements into it that most gamers don't want.

Just two more games and I think the upcoming Marvel games would be too many, which is weird saying that.

Ideally all of those 5 should be out by 2026, if not 2027, and there would be more game announcements for the neXt 2 years, making the list longer.

I hope the release dates are spaced out well, so it wouldn't affect the sales.

Yeah pretty happy with that list. Of course an xmen game would be cool but they probably want to tie that into the movies

No one is making a AAA game with the intent of riding any movie's hype. An X-men game isn't in development because someone hasn't had a idea to make one. And to be quite frank, I don't think you can make a AAA X-men game that will not anger a good chunk of its potential audience.

We're having a new X-Men game by Insomniac!!! I'M DYING.

Sucks that it'll take a long time, but if it's as good as SM, it'll be worth it.

Also interesting to know that Insomniac has an exclusivity contract for the X-Men until 2035, and that Marvel cannot announce any X-Men game before them.

Insomniac becoming a Marvel factory... New R&C game in Q3/Q4 2029 and new IP in 2031/2032. Ooof.

And to think people were up in arms about not being able to play a Blade game outside of Xbox when Sony owners not only already have Wolverine and Spider-Man, but potentially more on the way.

But no one ever said gamers didn't see themselves as entitled. Myself included at times!

Where are the X-men games? Not on Xbox....
As a PC player, I'm getting all them Marvel games.

vJFAibk.gif

And to think people were up in arms about not being able to play a Blade game outside of Xbox when Sony owners not only already have Wolverine and Spider-Man, but potentially more on the way.

But no one ever said gamers didn't see themselves as entitled. Myself included at times!
As a PS5 owner, whatever slight disappointment I may have about Blade being an Xbox exclusive is nothing compared to the survivor's guilt of Playstation getting Spider-Man and
X-Men
games.

Marvel's Wolverine
Marvel's Iron Man
Marvel's Black Panther
Marvel's Captain America & Black Panther
Marvel's Blade
Marvel's Venom
Marvel's Spider-Man 3
Marvel's X-Men

We are finally being fed with so many AAA Marvel games!

2026 though for Marvel's Wolverine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"