Where are all the Marvel games??

Id also love a smaller scale Xmen game thats a spiritual successor to the 16bit games

team.jpg

xmen-2.jpeg

A 2d side scrolling action game with modern graphics that the PS5 can output

Marvel's Wolverine
Marvel's Iron Man
Marvel's Black Panther
Marvel's Captain America & Black Panther
Marvel's Blade
Marvel's Venom
Marvel's Spider-Man 3
Marvel's X-Men

We are finally being fed with so many AAA Marvel games!

2026 though for Marvel's Wolverine.
Disney/Marvel have opened the floodgates! Licensed games are probably more reliable money for them than films right now.

We're having a new X-Men game by Insomniac!!! I'M DYING.

Sucks that it'll take a long time, but if it's as good as SM, it'll be worth it.
It’s a shame it’s come about through leaks, would have been an amazing reveal at a games showcase. That said, this is the big one, the one I really wanted.

Reactions: Lip
Making a PlayStation only xmen game is deeply homophobic

That said, this is the big one, the one I really wanted.
I did too because of their work on SM games.

(Without giving anything away, obviously)

When you look at Insomniac's Spider-Man you can see they were heavily inspired by the comics and nailed the characters. Wolverine feels like they were more inspired by the FOX movies than the comics.

That's something I did not expect from Insomniac.

I did too because of their work on SM games.

(Without giving anything away, obviously)

When you look at Insomniac's Spider-Man you can see they were heavily inspired by the comics and nailed the characters. Wolverine feels like they were more inspired by the FOX movies than the comics.

That's something I did not expect from Insomniac.
I’ve not seen any of the leaks. I love the Spidey games but that sucks on Wolverine. :csad:

I was expressing how I feel about the story, which can be subjective.

The game looks good.

Disney/Marvel have opened the floodgates! Licensed games are probably more reliable money for them than films right now.
Hopefully there won't be more financial disappointments like Marvel's Avengers and Marvel's Guardians of the GalaXy.

But who knows, I have faith in Insomniac delivering good games. I hope the other studios deliver too. I hope Marvel is secretly working on a Fantastic 4 game. That really is way overdue imo.

Hopefully there won't be more financial disappointments like Marvel's Avengers and Marvel's Guardians of the GalaXy.

But who knows, I have faith in Insomniac delivering good games. I hope the other studios deliver too. I hope Marvel is secretly working on a Fantastic 4 game. That really is way overdue imo.
I'd love a F4 game. Guardians was a very good game I thought. Shame it didn't sell more but at least they executed it well.

I'd love a F4 game. Guardians was a very good game I thought. Shame it didn't sell more but at least they executed it well.
Hmm I think its fair to say if it sold well, the sequel would be in the works now. Marvel's Avengers too.

I'm looking at my wishlist, and there doesn't seem to be a Marvel game for neXt year.

Hmm I think its fair to say if it sold well, the sequel would be in the works now. Marvel's Avengers too.

I'm looking at my wishlist, and there doesn't seem to be a Marvel game for neXt year.
What did you think of the game? (if you played it)

Avengers was the biggest missed opportunity of the lot. Should have been a home run given how popular the films have been and with having a good studio behind it, but for some reason they wanted to make it a live service with a boring endgame.

It seems like Disney is suddenly granting licenses all over the place. Hopefully there is a dev out there who wants to take on F4 and can do justice to it. It's great that Insomniac have taken the baton from Rocksteady and raised the standards for superhero games.

What did you think of the game? (if you played it)

Avengers was the biggest missed opportunity of the lot. Should have been a home run given how popular the films have been and with having a good studio behind it, but for some reason they wanted to make it a live service with a boring endgame.

It seems like Disney is suddenly granting licenses all over the place. Hopefully there is a dev out there who wants to take on F4 and can do justice to it. It's great that Insomniac have taken the baton from Rocksteady and raised the standards for superhero games.
I enjoyed it. I played Miles Morales and Guardians of the GalaXy back to back. Enjoyed them both, though I prefer Guardians for the story but the gameplay wasn't perfect. Limiting it to Star-Lord as the only playable held it back from being a great game imo especially when the other four were present most of the time. But I had a great time.

I only have1 Marvel game to catch up on (Marvel's Spider-Man 2), and i wish there are more Marvel games to play with. I have no interest in Midnight Suns, the gameplay (turn-based) is just not for me.

I enjoyed it. I played Miles Morales and Guardians of the GalaXy back to back. Enjoyed them both, though I prefer Guardians for the story but the gameplay wasn't perfect. Limiting it to Star-Lord as the only playable held it back from being a great game imo especially when the other four were present most of the time. But I had a great time.

I only have1 Marvel game to catch up on (Marvel's Spider-Man 2), and i wish there are more Marvel games to play with. I have no interest in Midnight Suns, the gameplay (turn-based) is just not for me.
I think it worked well in Guardians with Star-Lord as the lead, but still as the other characters are quite varied I would have loved to be able to control them too. Yes, I really enjoyed it too.

Ok well that's a big one! Sure you'll have a good time with it. I haven't played Midnight Suns yet but 2 of my friends (who are fine with that kind of gameplay) thought it was great.

I can only imagine them as alternate costumes. But definitely not as the default costumes.

Marvel Girl has the best costume in that pic. Then Havok.

Insomniac becoming a Marvel factory... New R&C game in Q3/Q4 2029 and new IP in 2031/2032. Ooof.
This is exactly why I didn't want Insomniac to expand their Marvel games beyond Spider-Man, 2029 for the next Ratchet and Clank (and even longer for an actual new IP) is some serious f***ing bulls***.

It ain't good news for Ratchet/Clank fans, that seems like a long wait. But personally speaking, more Marvel games made by Insomniac, the better.

I was hoping for another Ratchet within this gen. I thought that was realistic and that they wouldn’t take as long in dev time as some of the bigger AAA projects. Bit of a shame.

I was hoping for another Ratchet within this gen. I thought that was realistic and that they wouldn’t take as long in dev time as some of the bigger AAA projects. Bit of a shame.
Speaking of Ratchet/Clank. I'm surprised Sony haven't ported any of the older games to the PS5.

I've been thinking about how controling some of the X-Men characters would feel like, and I can't help but feel like Storm could be the most exciting.

In games in general she's usually just throwing lightings with her hands, but there's so much more to her powers.

Iceman is another one. Sliding around could be as fun as Spidey swinging around.

Third-person Overwatch with Marvel skins. Eh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"